Madden 20

Cheesehawk

12 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I haven't played against anyone taking advantage of it so far but I think you could probably just QB spy it.  It would have to be your OLB though.  If he rolls out, it would be so hard for a DE to close the gap.  He's basically the fastest RB in the game, while being given a speed boost behind the LOS while running towards open field.  And he's insane once he gets in the open field.  

I just played my first online match.  I was the Chargers and played against the Ravens.  I put Ingram on QB spy since he's really fast.  The guy controlling Lamar Jackson would still roll to that side and make a move on Ingram at times to get past him.  I couldn't really focus my user on Jackson because I was covering the middle of the field.  I ended up beat him 16-7, but it was stressful as hell.  I got a huge break where he was running with Jackson and Joey Bosa made him fumble deep in his own territory.  Without that, I'm not sure if I win that game.

I'm not sure I can deal with this type of stress for a year lol

I ran a second draft in franchise mode, this time I was able to hit on four hidden trait players.  Two were first round picks, one was a 3rd rounder and one was a 5th round pick.  So I can confirm you can find hidden trait players after the first round.

3 of my 4 hidden trait players ended up as just Star potential and only one was Superstar.  Through 2 drafts I was unable to find an X Factor player in the draft.

I just suck at this game.  I'm winning online, but I 100% know the people I'm getting matched up against are even worse than me.  The second I play someone who know what they're actually doing, I'm going to get smacked.  It's all a matter of learning what the best plays, hot routes, adjustments, etc are and then learning how to do all those things before your opponent snaps the ball.  I think I've just reached a point to where I don't want to learn that stuff anymore.

Like this Lamar Jackson thing used to be fun to me.  Figuring out ways on how to stop him, etc.  But now it's just a huge hindrance because I'm not willing to put the effort in to learn what it takes to be a better player.  I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for this anymore.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just suck at this game.  I'm winning online, but I 100% know the people I'm getting matched up against are even worse than me.  The second I play someone who know what they're actually doing, I'm going to get smacked.  It's all a matter of learning what the best plays, hot routes, adjustments, etc are and then learning how to do all those things before your opponent snaps the ball.  I think I've just reached a point to where I don't want to learn that stuff anymore.

Like this Lamar Jackson thing used to be fun to me.  Figuring out ways on how to stop him, etc.  But now it's just a huge hindrance because I'm not willing to put the effort in to learn what it takes to be a better player.  I'm starting to think I'm not cut out for this anymore.

I've never really been an online gamer, all I ever play in sports games is franchise and career modes.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I've never really been an online gamer, all I ever play in sports games is franchise and career modes.

I'm the opposite.  I've never played sports games offline.  I've been online with them since online gaming became a major thing.  I started playing NBA 2K's career mode in 2K19, but the main purpose for that was to take my guy online.

If I end up getting this game, I might just play it more offline than online for the first time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The only scenario I’ve had occur so far was Morgan Moses came to me in the preseason and said he thought he could teach my first round rookie LG a few things.  My rookie LG learned +3 pass blocking instantly.

I heard more are being added when the game launches.

16 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm the opposite.  I've never played sports games offline.  I've been online with them since online gaming became a major thing.  I started playing NBA 2K's career mode in 2K19, but the main purpose for that was to take my guy online.

If I end up getting this game, I might just play it more offline than online for the first time.

Yeah dude, I'm the same way.  I used to love Madden online, but I don't really have the time to get to know all of the best plays and such.  And with the shortened time between huddle and LOS, the time to make adjustments on defense seem small.  I have still been winning online but mostly through better stick skills.  One guy smacked me because I had no clue on how to counter his offense.  Defense used to be a lot easier I feel like.  It could be that I got worse but I play the most frustrating people.

So far, this game has been far more enjoyable for me vs CPU than online.  It's against computer when you can really see the difference X-Factors make because it's easier to achieve it then, while still being reasonable.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1