Does our defence look as good to anybody else as it does to me?

Hail Mary

7 minutes ago, boratt said:

This one isn’t really holding up to the test of time. I’m sure it sounded good to yourself when it came out though? Probably thought you had the whole thing locked down. A legend in your own mind. 

So I was right on either 10 or 11 of 12 predictions and you feel this is the time for an "I told you so" post?

That's pretty ******* weak even for you. 

5 minutes ago, boratt said:

Clark especially is better than any front seven player from the 2010 team

Clay Matthews had 13.5 sacks, 18 TFLs, and 25 QB hits in 2010. Obviously OLB is different than NT, but it's insane to write off an all-pro season after two damn games. 

Kenny Clark has 1.5, 0, and 2 right now. Kenny Clark has been fantastic, but he also just finished up a game against the worst starting OL in the NFL in a 2 game sample size. For reference that year, Raji had 6.5, 10, and 9, at the same position. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, boratt said:

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clay Matthews had 13.5 sacks, 18 TFLs, and 25 QB hits in 2010. Obviously OLB is different than NT, but it's insane to write off an all-pro season after two damn games. 

Kenny Clark has 1.5, 0, and 2 right now. Kenny Clark has been fantastic, but he also just finished up a game against the worst starting OL in the NFL in a 2 game sample size. For reference that year, Raji had 6.5, 10, and 9, at the same position. 

BJ Raji was a beast that year. Maybe his only year, but he also took an INT back for a TD, I believe against the Bears in the NFC Championship. Cullen Jenkins was a hell of a player on that front 7 too. Now, I think by the end of the year if we stay healthy we could have a better front 6, since we drop a safety down, but they have to get better as we go on IMO. 

I love Kenny Clark but those two AG pointed out were incredible players at their position. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uqm9Gnd_FM 

Edited by Golfman

2 hours ago, boratt said:

Clark has more sacks by the age of 23 than Raji did at age 29. Clark is a ridiculously better run player than Matthews. It’s not even close. 

Clark isnt anywhere near the dominant pass rusher Clay was in 2010. We'll see where he ends up with at the end of the year, but it's hard to compare him to Clay like AG20 said after 2 games vs suspect OLs. Even then it's a longgggg shot. Clay was special that year. Clay wasnt even that bad vs the run early in his career. He made one of the biggest plays in the super bowl against the run.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

9 hours ago, boratt said:

Clark has more sacks by the age of 23 than Raji did at age 29. Clark is a ridiculously better run player than Matthews. It’s not even close. 

With all due respect, you are moving the goal post on your original statement which was replied to. Your original statement on top states nothing about being a run defender. 

Clark might turn out to be better than either of those two mentioned above in 2019, but he's got a lot of work to do. As stated Clay was 2 votes away from DPOY. Love me some Kenny Clark, but not going to trash the year Clay and Raji had in our last Super Bowl run. I'll stand by the fact Cullen Jenkins was a beast on that front 7 as well. 

BTW, if it is just a run defender we had Ryan Pickett on that team as well. 

This one isn’t really holding up to the test of time. I’m sure it sounded good to yourself when it came out though? Probably thought you had the whole thing locked down. A legend in your own mind. 

We don’t bump posts up to say I told you so.  Don’t do it again.