~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

I haven't watched survivor series yet but watching takeover right now and thoughts thus far:

god i love chris hero. that man is probably 6'4 285-300 lbs and made that ryback poser look like one trillion dollars. 

velveteen dream/aleister black was really, really, really fun. there's always one takeover match that you can look back on and think tore the house down and this one gotta be it. that tough enough kid still seems pretty green but crowds don't get any hotter than that unless it's 1998 and glass is shattering on raw. obviously nxt is an indie crowd but you don't usually see tough enough kids get over like that especially with an annoying gimmick but when black said his name, I was like holy ****, that was perfect. 

I'll post more later, but was the point of the 5 on 5 match to put HHH over???? Outside of him and Braun, nobody looked good, especially the guys who should have (Nakumura, Roode, Finn and Joe). 

And Cole calling Nakumura 'Shin' really irritated me. How that guy has been the voice of the WWE for so long is absolutely bewildering. 

I believe I have attended the 2 best PPV's this year.  Royal Rumble and Survivor Series.  Styles vs Lesnar was pretty damn good.  Crowd was hot the entire match. Hope they fight again in the near future.  The 5 on 5 men's match was crazy too.  A TON of star power in 1 ring.  I agree, I was kind of pissed HHH was burying the younger guys. I was hoping the match ended 1 of 2 ways.

1.  Bryan comes out and screws Shane.  If we recall, Stephanie and Bryan had a backstage segment during the show.

2.  Jordan comes out and screws Angle or HHH costing Raw the win.

Not mad at WWE making Braun a full face now.  I am now a Braun fan based on what he did after the match. 

Both women's matches were good.  I was hoping Carmela try and cash in the Money in the Bank after Bliss assaulted Charlotte.  Shield and New Day was pretty good as well.  Miz and Corbin almost made me go to the restroom and get a drink refill.

17 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I believe I have attended the 2 best PPV's this year.  Royal Rumble and Survivor Series.  Styles vs Lesnar was pretty damn good.  Crowd was hot the entire match. Hope they fight again in the near future.  The 5 on 5 men's match was crazy too.  A TON of star power in 1 ring.  I agree, I was kind of pissed HHH was burying the younger guys. I was hoping the match ended 1 of 2 ways.

1.  Bryan comes out and screws Shane.  If we recall, Stephanie and Bryan had a backstage segment during the show.

2.  Jordan comes out and screws Angle or HHH costing Raw the win.

Not mad at WWE making Braun a full face now.  I am now a Braun fan based on what he did after the match. 

Both women's matches were good.  I was hoping Carmela try and cash in the Money in the Bank after Bliss assaulted Charlotte.  Shield and New Day was pretty good as well.  Miz and Corbin almost made me go to the restroom and get a drink refill.

I heard rumors that he might face HHH at Mania. Braun should be the one who faces and beats Brock at Mania. Roman doesn't need that win. A win like that would be HUGE for Braun.

2 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I'll post more later, but was the point of the 5 on 5 match to put HHH over???? Outside of him and Braun, nobody looked good, especially the guys who should have (Nakumura, Roode, Finn and Joe). 

And Cole calling Nakumura 'Shin' really irritated me. How that guy has been the voice of the WWE for so long is absolutely bewildering. 

The commentary last night - like it is so often - was unbearable. Graves is the only good one, and I guess Phillips is okay too. You can barely understand Booker T, Michael Cole has always been a turd, and Byron Saxton is just annoying.

BTW, What HHH did when survivor series was off the air (i think yall didn't see it) was hilarious.

Steph comes out to help HHH get up.  As soon as he gets on his feet he falls back down. LOL. When they finally get to the top of the stage he runs right into the entrance tron and falls back down.  Hilarious

23 minutes ago, DawgX said:

The commentary last night - like it is so often - was unbearable. Graves is the only good one, and I guess Phillips is okay too. You can barely understand Booker T, Michael Cole has always been a turd, and Byron Saxton is just annoying.

Disagree completely! The commentary was on point and had me laughing the whole night. Whether it was because they were saying outlandish/dumb things (most of the time) or just ribbing each other. It was great.

Velveteen Dream is now my favorite dude on NXT. That match and character work was amazing. Loved it.

The only thing with the commentary that really bugged me was them saying Shin, either go with Shinsuake or go with The Artist, don't add in something new.

Though, I thought the whole show, while slightly underwhelming was well wrestled and the matches were enjoyable for the most part.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Agreed. I can't believe they let Booker announce. 

I like Saxton is a whipping boy. 

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Some podcaster, not sure whom it is. They generally have one of two podcasters on the panel for pay-per-views now.

Sam Roberts.  He's actually a really good guy, really knowledgeable (probably moreso than most of us), and a massive fan.  He does a SiriusXM show out of New York in addition to his weekly wrestling podcast.  He's just generally unpopular with smark followers because he's "too positive" and too willing to "look for the positive" or to get excited over booking that doesn't involve the new, indy guys.

Archived