Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

nope. iirc they changed it. 

just looked it up

Because the NBA doesn’t want teams to avoid signing veteran players in favor of cheaper, younger players, the league reimburses clubs who sign veterans with three or more years of experience to one-year, minimum salary contracts. Those deals will only count against the cap – and against a team’s bank balance – for $1,512,601, the minimum salary for a player with two years of experience.

For instance, if David West – who has 15 years of NBA experience – signs a one-year, minimum salary contract with a new team, that team would only be charged $1,512,601 for West’s contract. He’d earn $2,393,887, but the NBA would make up the difference. This only applies to one-year contracts, rather than multiyear deals.

so they count for 1.5 no matter what they sign for (obviously has to be the vet min)

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

just looked it up

so they count for 1.5 no matter what they sign for (obviously has to be the vet min)

Yeah but inc. roster holds are less than 900k so it still doesn't make sense to sign guys right away until all of your space is gone. 

1 minute ago, Utley said:

Yeah but inc. roster holds are less than 900k so it still doesn't make sense to sign guys right away until all of your space is gone. 

correct. I was just addressing them not counting against the cap because I have seen it a couple of times the last couple days and it made no sense to me why that would be a thing

Btw, Cris Carter proved to be more legit than all these "reporters."

Said all along that no team was out of the race when people said Clippers are out.

Said Kawhi is signing a four or five year deal, and NOT a two year deal as Rose reported.

Said Kawhi won't sign today....And this is the one that is questionable since technically he didn't in the East Coast, but did in the West Coast lol.

But Reddit Lakers fan doe!!!!

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, Cris Carter proved to be more legit than all these "reporters."

Said all along that no team was out of the race when people said Clippers are out.

Said Kawhi is signing a four or five year deal, and NOT a two year deal as Rose reported.

Said Kawhi won't sign today....And this is the one that is questionable since technically he didn't in the East Coast, but did in the West Coast lol.

But Reddit Lakers fan doe!!!!

Engh.  I put less faith in Carter still, but Kendrick Perkins really only wavered towards the end, which was - based off how the timeline appears to unfold - because he wasn't in on the knowledge the Kawhi told the Clippers to deliver PG and he'd buy in.  Up until the point just ahead of this most recent meeting with the Clippers with Kawhi, Perkins was low-key (but that appears to be his style) still very much on the "Clippers are still in this" wagon.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Engh.  I put less faith in Carter still, but Kendrick Perkins really only wavered towards the end, which was - based off how the timeline appears to unfold - because he wasn't in on the knowledge the Kawhi told the Clippers to deliver PG and he'd buy in.  Up until the point just ahead of this most recent meeting with the Clippers with Kawhi, Perkins was low-key (but that appears to be his style) still very much on the "Clippers are still in this" wagon.

Perkins was saying a lot of things, but Carter was staying true to every team is still in the race. He was pretty much the only one saying that when the Clippers were somehow magically "out." 

But either way, we can once again laugh at guys like Broussard who continue to make themselves look like fools. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Perkins was saying a lot of things, but Carter was staying true to every team is still in the race. He was pretty much the only one saying that when the Clippers were somehow magically "out." 

But either way, we can once again laugh at guys like Broussard who continue to make themselves look like fools. 

Even Broussard's writing/posting/talking style makes it perfectly clear to anyone willing to pay attention that he's just a clickbait shill.  Broussard's supreme confidence that Kawhi was headed to the Lakers was actually why I'd actually grown increasingly more and more confident over the past several days that KL was going to re-up with the Raptors.  The only non-Woj, and I've faded him a bit in terms of "rumors that actually materialize" as opposed to being Johnny on the Spot with the details first after something breaks, source I trust anymore on anything Lakers is Ramona.

Just now, The LBC said:

Even Broussard's writing/posting/talking style makes it perfectly clear to anyone willing to pay attention that he's just a clickbait shill.  Broussard's supreme confidence that Kawhi was headed to the Lakers was actually why I'd actually grown increasingly more and more confident over the past several days that KL was going to re-up with the Raptors.  The only non-Woj, and I've faded him a bit in terms of "rumors that actually materialize" as opposed to being Johnny on the Spot with the details first after something breaks, source I trust anymore on anything Lakers is Ramona.

I just hate those that put these magical percentages when they don't make no damn sense.

Broussard went from being 95% sure Kawhi is going to the Lakers to 90% sure to 50% to 60-65%. Like what are you even doing? Just admit you don't have a clue on what is going on. I get the 24 hours news cycle and all these debate shows leads to all this BS of having something reported on a daily basis, but that is flat out embarrassing. 

At least with Carter, he was putting it out that he would text Uncle Dennis for daily updates and would mention his name. And then would give an update every single day that at least stood up when it was all said and done. He wasn't going out of his way saying the Lakers are locks to get Kawhi or there is a 99% chance he returns to the Raptors!!!!

Disgusting reporting all around on this from most. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just hate those that put these magical percentages when they don't make no damn sense.

Broussard went from being 95% sure Kawhi is going to the Lakers to 90% sure to 50% to 60-65%. Like what are you even doing? Just admit you don't have a clue on what is going on. I get the 24 hours news cycle and all these debate shows leads to all this BS of having something reported on a daily basis, but that is flat out embarrassing. 

At least with Carter, he was putting it out that he would text Uncle Dennis for daily updates and would mention his name. And then would give an update every single day that at least stood up when it was all said and done. He wasn't going out of his way saying the Lakers are locks to get Kawhi or there is a 99% chance he returns to the Raptors!!!!

Disgusting reporting all around on this from most. 

To be honest (I won't say fair because the way a lot of the folks you're referring to haven't acted in a way that deserved fair treatment), if it were few other teams than the Lakers concerned, these reporters are not quite so outlandish with their chatter, but the fans of certain franchises (once said franchises get big enough) will lap up stuff and run with it, so you can't completely blame the mainstream network guys from doing this stuff.  Ayre, on the other hand, deserves every bit of slander he's been getting and didn't even have the integrity to stick around to receive it.