Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

That's what I've been thinking, and that might end up being the unit that sees the most minutes.  It's possible that the starters look a little different, with Lou and Harrell still coming off the bench, but probably still seeing more minutes than Zubac and the like.  Possibly Zubac and Harkless starting at the 5 and 4 with PG at the 2.  We've got some absolute defensive dogs now, so there's a lot of flexibility.

Yeah, I agree with that. Lou & Montrezl can still bring their energy off the bench with Harkless and Zubac starting but not playing starters minutes.

My friend’s nephew is on the Clippers, Landry Shamet, I'm so happy for him! He may win an NBA title nke!

I said before free agency started that Kawhi Leonard just didn't seem like the type of player that would want to form a super team and that he wanted to be the man whatever team he went to.  Couldn't have picked a better situation, honestly.

*  The Clippers are in Los Angeles, so he gets to come home and still be in a massive media market (which is what New Balance and probably others wanted). 

*  The Clippers will for sure be able to attract future free agents to play there

*  Leonard gets to clearly be the man on this Clipper team and Paul George is one of the best #2's in the league

*  Leonard will get a chance to elevate the Clippers to a title, which is insane for that franchise. 

Literally couldn't have picked a better situation to be in a huge market, win and go down as even more of a legend.  Best decision he probably couldn't have made.

• Like 3

Just now, showtime said:

I said before free agency started that Kawhi Leonard just didn't seem like the type of player that would want to form a super team and that he wanted to be the man whatever team he went to.  Couldn't have picked a better situation, honestly.

*  The Clippers are in Los Angeles, so he gets to come home and still be in a massive media market (which is what New Balance and probably others wanted). 

*  The Clippers will for sure be able to attract future free agents to play there

*  Leonard gets to clearly be the man on this Clipper team and Paul George is one of the best #2's in the league

*  Leonard will get a chance to elevate the Clippers to a title, which is insane for that franchise. 

Literally couldn't have picked a better situation to be in a huge market, win and go down as even more of a legend.  Best decision he probably couldn't have made.

giphy.gif

You were all aboard the Kawhi to Lakers train this week. Cut it out.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

From what I read:

Toronto wasn't getting George without taking back Westbrook, if OKC was even seriously considering a Toronto package and not just using them for leverage against the Clippers. Kawhi wouldn't guarantee he'd stay in Toronto even with that deal. And honestly, if Westbrook is coming too, then I'm just joining the Lakers.

Even if Toronto wanted to make a trade, the Clippers could always told their offer. It sucks losing Kawhi, but it'd be a hell of a lot worse trading everything for George and Westbrook just to see Leonard sign with the Lakers.

Yea I’m trying to digest and analyze on the fly and I think you are pretty spot on. The convo only starts if Kawhi is 100% back in and then it gets really messy. What’s the deal Lowry, Serge, Pascal and a few picks for PG and Westbrook?

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

giphy.gif

You were all aboard the Kawhi to Lakers train this week. Cut it out.

Bro, I was reacting to all the reports that Kawhi to the Lakers was done.  Almost everyone was saying that.  I understood because I thought it would be the best place for him to go and win.  I, and everyone else, had no clue he would go to the Clippers WITH Paul George.

Posted this on Monday: 

I would stay in Toronto if I was Kawhi.  If I left, I would go to the Clippers.  I think winning a championship for the Clippers would be more significant than winning one for the Lakers.  But I guess it's hard to pass up being the man for a franchise like the Lakers once LeBron is out of the picture in a few years.

So ultimately, it seems like the hold up in Kawhi's decision was whether or not the Clippers could get Paul George.  I'm assuming if they were not able to, then he would have went back to the Raptors.  So maybe, it looks like, the Lakers were the team that was 'out of it'.

Just now, showtime said:

So ultimately, it seems like the hold up in Kawhi's decision was whether or not the Clippers could get Paul George.  I'm assuming if they were not able to, then he would have went back to the Raptors.  So maybe, it looks like, the Lakers were the team that was 'out of it'.

In hindsight it looks kind of obvious lol. He didn't even meet with Rob Pelinka, the Lakers were leaking things left and right.

Right now, the NBA looks more wide open than probably ever lol.

Also, what makes everyone so sure that guys like Iggy, Korver, etc want to go to the Lakers now?  Before that seemed like a foregone conclusion when the Lakers were supposed to be getting Kawhi, but now.... why wouldn't those guys want to go to the Clippers?

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Also, what makes everyone so sure that guys like Iggy, Korver, etc want to go to the Lakers now?  Before that seemed like a foregone conclusion when the Lakers were supposed to be getting Kawhi, but now.... why wouldn't those guys want to go to the Clippers?

I

NEEED

POSITIVITY

RIGHT 

NOW 

:(

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I

NEEED

POSITIVITY

RIGHT 

NOW 

BIH

Haha, sorry man.  Even with all of this happening, the Lakers are still fine.  They're not a 'super team' like they would have been if Kawhi would had joined them, but they're still in great shape. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Haha, sorry man.  Even with all of this happening, the Lakers are still fine.  They're not a 'super team' like they would have been if Kawhi would had joined them, but they're still in great shape. 

Agree. We'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

True but I'm still disappointed and worried cause I don't trust us to build a good team with Pelinka as GM like why the hell did we just give KCP 8 million per?

Also worried about us defensively.

Obviously if you can get a player of Kawhi Leonard's caliber, you worry about all the rest later.  I get that.  But for the Lakers, the fit with both LeBron and Davis would have been awkward.  None of those guys is a 'third wheel' type of player.  We've already seen two other LeBron 'super teams' and how both Chris Bosh and Kevin Love got relegated to being 18ft jump shooters.  There simply isn't enough basketballs for Kawhi, LeBron and Davis to all 'get theirs'. 

The 'reports' were that LeBron would take much more of a Magic Johnson type role and be the primary passer.  But that would mean that LeBron would be the one who would be the 'third wheel' in a sense and I don't believe that at all.  LeBron is way too good to be just a passer setting up for other players.  Dude is going to be on a mission this season to reclaim his title as best player in the world.

In reality, I think Anthony Davis is a winner in all of this.  His role would have been reduced a ton because LeBron is not taking a back seat and neither is Kawhi. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True but I'm still disappointed and worried cause I don't trust us to build a good team with Pelinka as GM like why the hell did we just give KCP 8 million per?

Also worried about us defensively.

Yea, there's no reason to trust Pelinka, tbh. 

The Lakers are still arguably the best team in the west.  Either them or the Clippers.

• Like 1