Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They just added the best player in the NBA and someone who made 1st Team All-NBA. They also have the best bench in the NBA.

I think the Warriors of the past 3 seasons skewed what "loaded" means. The Clippers have the best team (on paper) in the NBA.

Whatever you say dude.

Kawhi isn’t the best player in LA. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Then it probably would never have happened for that reason alone.

MLSE (who own the Raptors, leafs, etc) is owned by The two largest telecommunications companies in Canada like if AT&T and T-Mobile (or whoever the top two in us are) owned a team. The money is there I pay $155 a month for my phone bill I demand that they pay the tax. 

Its crazy but they have crazy money to spend. 

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could the Raptors taken on PG and RWB - AND - still kept Kawhi?

If no - then they were probably acting like the LAL in so much as they wanted to keep Kawhi foremost.

they could have done it very easily, Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka make huge contracts that are expiring. The Thunder would have had to take on two of them. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It could only be like 5 million more expensive than if Kawhi had resigned, so not hardly the most expensive of all time. 

I have no idea I didn’t double check that. We would be over that apron tax if Kawhi resigned plus PG and Russ minus Serge and Lowry and a huge repeater tax as years go by I think it may be up there. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

I have no idea I didn’t double check that. We would be over that apron tax if Kawhi resigned plus PG and Russ minus Serge and Lowry and a huge repeater tax as years go by I think it may be up there. 

i was just saying that to trade for PG and Russ, the raptors would have had to send out within 5 million of the their combined salaries for the deal to work, so it wouldnt cost them that much from a salary stand point

This should make for an... interesting coach/player dynamic:

https://www.ibtimes.com/who-callie-rivers-paul-george-cheats-girlfriend-allegedly-offers-stripper-daniela-1m-abort-baby

Short summary:

- Paul George dated Callie Rivers, daughter of Doc Rivers

- During that time he infamously cheated on her with a stripper from Miami and got her pregnant, Daniela Rajic

- George tried to pay Daniela off with $1 million into getting an abortion, instead she sues George

- Callie breaks up with George and he ends up going to Daniela and they are still together with a 2nd child

- Doc Rivers will now be coaching Paul George

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i was just saying that to trade for PG and Russ, the raptors would have had to send out within 5 million of the their combined salaries for the deal to work, so it wouldnt cost them that much from a salary stand point

True. Over time plus the Kawhi deal plus repeater. Etc. I gotcha tho. 

As a Raps fan, I was shattered last night when the news broke, but I feel surprisingly okay today. We got a championship, we're in great shape cap-wise, we have some fun young players including a budding star in Siakam to build around, and we have Masai. I will always love Kawhi for what he brought to the city. Looking forward to what comes next.

Edit: I forgot to add #Giannis2021

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 2

Just now, Lodestar said:

As a Raps fan, I was shattered last night when the news broke, but I feel surprisingly okay today. We got a championship, we're in great shape cap-wise, we have some fun young players including a budding star in Siakam to build around, and we have Masai. I will always love Kawhi for what he brought to the city. Looking forward to what comes next.

Giannis in 2 years as well. Let’s get this going. 

• Like 1