Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Can the Clips still afford Marcus Morris?

Doubtful.  We could rescind the bird rights on JayMichael Green, but that would free up $14m and I still think we'd only be under by like $7m at this point if that happened.

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

As a Raps fan, I was shattered last night when the news broke, but I feel surprisingly okay today. We got a championship, we're in great shape cap-wise, we have some fun young players including a budding star in Siakam to build around, and we have Masai. I will always love Kawhi for what he brought to the city. Looking forward to what comes next.

Edit: I forgot to add #Giannis2021

And honestly, 2021 is so far away - just in terms of we've seen what kind of movement has happened in just this one single summer - that the sky's the limit because structurally you guys are set up beautifully without really having to go through any sort of active tanking to achieve it because of all those high-end expirings coming off at the same time.

You guys were the team that many were quick to write off (I saw it firsthand in these forums) with stuff like, "Yeah, the Raptors will finish a 2 or 3 seed but no one's buying them making it out of the semi's."  And you strung together a fantastic campaign to shove it in the faces of the rest of the league that y'all were more than relevant too.  Siakam's future is bright.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49er pride said:

I feel like I can never rock my Jerry West jersey anymore :|

I feel like the ball I have that's autographed by Jerry West and Kobe side-by-side (and dated, since it was signed during the summer of Kobe's summer league) may have slightly devalued now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viking Penguin said:

Nope, after winning playoff MVP and the title, your essentially locked in.  It's an unwritten rule.  Sure KL can choose where to go, but the decision shows who he is.  He did so good this whole time trying to act like a great person and loyal, truthful, etc.  For example, not joining a super team. But the decision to leave tells the story about who he really is.  I mean LA?!! Why?!!  His hometown?  Big deal, traffic is terrible, it's too hot, he isnt god anymore (he was Jordan in Canada).  

The decision to leave says he can't handle a little cool weather, in the winter, when its SUPPOSED to be cold, freezing and snowy.  It tells me that he isn't loyal to his teammates at all.  You don't leave a defending championship team as its leader.  Period.  That shows your true colors, have fun living back in the hood. 

King of the North was a title bigger than anything Kawhi will ever be able to achieve or accomplish in the United States oversaturated market.  Oh well, like I said, basketball was irrelevant from 2000 to 2018 (The Lebron Era destroyed bball), Kawhi had the chance to bring it back, and made the most asinine decision ever.  The league should veto, but sadly they seem happy with multiple all-stars in the same city.  Jokes boys and girls, it's all jokes.

NFL must be grinning ear to ear this morning.  Imagine this EVER happening in football.  Not a chance, successful pro leagues wouldn't put up with petty players forcing GMs and teams to build teams the way they want.  Players should play and keep their traps shut.  GMs build teams, if the players want any say at all.  Then they should forfeit their contracts and play for a wage in comparison to what the norm is in society.  Max contracts should drop to 75k to 90k per year in bball, it's what they deserve.

Qwhite the response.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Viking Penguin said:

Nope, after winning playoff MVP and the title, your essentially locked in.  It's an unwritten rule.  Sure KL can choose where to go, but the decision shows who he is.  He did so good this whole time trying to act like a great person and loyal, truthful, etc.  For example, not joining a super team. But the decision to leave tells the story about who he really is.  I mean LA?!! Why?!!  His hometown?  Big deal, traffic is terrible, it's too hot, he isnt god anymore (he was Jordan in Canada).  

The decision to leave says he can't handle a little cool weather, in the winter, when its SUPPOSED to be cold, freezing and snowy.  It tells me that he isn't loyal to his teammates at all.  You don't leave a defending championship team as its leader.  Period.  That shows your true colors, have fun living back in the hood. 

King of the North was a title bigger than anything Kawhi will ever be able to achieve or accomplish in the United States oversaturated market.  Oh well, like I said, basketball was irrelevant from 2000 to 2018 (The Lebron Era destroyed bball), Kawhi had the chance to bring it back, and made the most asinine decision ever.  The league should veto, but sadly they seem happy with multiple all-stars in the same city.  Jokes boys and girls, it's all jokes.

NFL must be grinning ear to ear this morning.  Imagine this EVER happening in football.  Not a chance, successful pro leagues wouldn't put up with petty players forcing GMs and teams to build teams the way they want.  Players should play and keep their traps shut.  GMs build teams, if the players want any say at all.  Then they should forfeit their contracts and play for a wage in comparison to what the norm is in society.  Max contracts should drop to 75k to 90k per year in bball, it's what they deserve.

Sir, this is a Wendys.

• Like 9