Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Clippers trade for Paul George

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

LeToxic strikes again. Kawhi chose to play with Paul George and the red headed step child Clippers over the prestigious Lakers and Lebron with AD in his arsenal. You just can’t make this stuff up lmaooo

Balmer + West + Rivers > Buss + Rob P + Vogal 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

meh.. Big fan of George.. If i spent time wasted thinking what could have been i would never be happy. 

Honestly that’s the best approach to have. Up until the last couple of years I’ve thought about a VC/T-Mac raptors dynasty more often than I’d like to admit. 

• Like 1

Saw someone tweet that everyone has underestimated how LeBron treated Kyrie and how Kyrie felt about that situation. Everyone LeBron keeps trying to recruit is essentially Kyrie's age and LeBron's just gotten older and more entitled.

LeBron's age + the fallout with Kyrie are probably the biggest factors here.

• Like 1

Just now, seminoles1 said:

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why OKC was so quick to pull the trigger on a PG trade. 

Same. PG had zero leverage. You could argue most of the picks they get back will suck too.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why OKC was so quick to pull the trigger on a PG trade. 

More serious reply - you're right to wonder in so much as it trashed the team. Who's is OKC now? RWB and what army?

The Lakers just like the Knicks front office is a joke. I dont blame superstars for wanting to go to the Clippers and Nets. Both organizations are ran well and the only thing the Lakers and Knicks have at the moment to hang on to is the media constantly talking about the history of the franchises. Superstars dont want to hear about the history they want to know whats happening now. Its a bad look that the only superstar LeBron could get is via trade for the guy who is represented by LeBron's on agency. No superstar is willing to go there on their own. The Lakers pull out all of the stops with Magic, Snoop Dog singing (although that was funny), and LeBron himself trying to convince Kawhi to join the Lakers. Kawhi still went with the Clippers as the Clippers brilliantly pull off the move to get another guy in George who wanted to come home to LA but just not with the Lakers lol. 

As for OKC, I think they are set up nicely with young assets and picks. They know how to draft and maneuver so I expect them to use though assets and recover but the immediate concern is how does Westbrook feel? Reports were that KD told him the night before he wasnt leaving then changed his mind and didnt even call Westbrook. He texted him. Now I wonder how George broke the news to Westbrook? Did he tell him face to face or have a conversation on the phone about him wanting to leave? Like we know how Westbrook looked at KD for doing what he did so thats just the thing Im thinking about when it comes to George wanting to leave OKC suddenly for LA after last summer announcing he will stay in OKC and signing that big deal.