• Lakers
    • Jazz
    • Nuggets
    • Rockets
    • Bucks
    • 76ers
    • Raptors
    • Other (state)

I’ve never been more excited for an upcoming NBA season than this one. Soooo many good teams potentially, I live in Denver but go to SLC a lot for work and love going to Jazz games. Both the Nuggets and Jazz should be very good next year. No they don’t have one of the top superstars (LBJ, Kawhi, Durant) but they both have a very good team.

My head says one of the L.A teams but damn the West is gonna be a dog fight. The Trailblazers are a good team who may be getting overlooked a little along with some other teams 

As for the East I would go this order 

Bucks 

76ers 

Raptors 

Pacers 

Nets/Celtics (2020-2021 will be Nets year) 

• Like 1

Bucks walk through the East and patiently wait for whatever team comes out of the bloodbath that'll be the Western Conference playoffs. Then, it's anyone's game. 

Clippers over Bucks in 6

Bucks win it all in 2020-2021 after earning their keep.

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bucks walk through the East and patiently wait for whatever team comes out of the bloodbath that'll be the Western Conference playoffs. Then, it's anyone's game. 

Clippers over Bucks in 6

Jazz over Bucks in 5. Joe Ingles locks down Giannis and the Mitchell goes on to be Finals MVP. 

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Clippers over Bucks in 6

I'm picking the Bucks for now to get out of the East, but they aren't getting past the 76ers easy. That will be a challenge. The 76ers are good enough to keep the games close so the Bucks will still run into the same problems down the stretch as they did this year against Toronto. I mean unless Giannis can improve his offensive game, will be more of the same...But the issue is with Philly, they lack that bonafide perimeter closer as well. So like the Bucks barely over the 76ers. But those games are going to be a grind. Two top notch defensive ball clubs. We will be getting some 89-86 type of games that

On 7/9/2019 at 2:26 PM, kyle21121 said:

You have teams like the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets and Philadelphia who have basically no chance as well. Raps if they don’t sell off everyone might just be the third best team in the east this year. 

There's a higher possibility that the Raptors miss the playoffs then them being the third-best team in the conference. Teams are going to be keying in on Pascal and you have very limited scoring options on the perimeter. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There's a higher possibility that the Raptors miss the playoffs then them being the third-best team in the conference. Teams are going to be keying in on Pascal and you have very limited scoring options on the perimeter. 

There is a 0% chance the Raptors miss the playoffs in the East if they don’t trade anyone of those guys away so I don’t think this is accurate. 

9 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

There is a 0% chance the Raptors miss the playoffs in the East if they don’t trade anyone of those guys away so I don’t think this is accurate. 

I wouldn’t say a 0% chance, you just lost 33% of your scoring from last season and your best two perimeter defenders. And you replaced those two with role players who won't be nearly as good on either end. Pascal is going to have to take a major step forward this year. 

Edited by NYRaider

31 minutes ago, the lone star said:

If the Mavs trade for CP3 and Steven Adams, then I would consider them a contender for sure, but even so, 2020 would probably be the ideal year for them then, as they would need time to gel. 

Could you guys make that work? 

CP3 - Doncic - Kristapas - Adams is dangerous. 

Probably the Clippers. They got good depth, 2 two-way stars, good defenders in PBev, Montrezl, and Zubac, an elite 6th man, and Doc as coach. I like Balmer as owner too, because I feel like he sets the tone for a better culture and overall aura as opposed to the Lakers who seem to always be filled with drama. 

I also like JaMychal Green, Harkless, and Shamet as role players, and since Harkless is an expiring this year, I think they could make a decent trade before the deadline, especially if they include other throw-ins. I like Montrezl, but he's an expiring as well, so maybe you combine his expiring with Harkless' and the Clippers can get someone like Tristan Thompson from the Cavs.

41 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Probably the Clippers. They got good depth, 2 two-way stars, good defenders in PBev, Montrezl, and Zubac, an elite 6th man, and Doc as coach. I like Balmer as owner too, because I feel like he sets the tone for a better culture and overall aura as opposed to the Lakers who seem to always be filled with drama. 

I also like JaMychal Green, Harkless, and Shamet as role players, and since Harkless is an expiring this year, I think they could make a decent trade before the deadline, especially if they include other throw-ins. I like Montrezl, but he's an expiring as well, so maybe you combine his expiring with Harkless' and the Clippers can get someone like Tristan Thompson from the Cavs.

They should sign DwIght Howard to round out their roster.