• Jazz
    • Nuggets
    • Rockets
    • Bucks
    • 76ers
    • Raptors
    • Other (state)

51 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Joel was still their best player. but im good on talking about this any further. not seeing the second best team in the east that has 3 top 30 players as a contender is your prerogative I suppose

Joel averaged 17 ppg on 33% FG and was their best player? Sure.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Danny Green really isn't that good and he's still a lot better than his replacement. You'll have no one on your roster that can even come close to matching Kawhi's production or impact. Powell and OG are okay but they're clearly a MAJOR downgrade from Kawhi/Green. And your defense will take a major hit by losing those two guys as well. 

We'll see what happens but when I look at that Raptors roster with literally zero wing/perimeter scoring, I just don't see a team that is a lock to be good next season. We'll see if Nurse is really as good as people think because he won't have Kawhi to bail him out anymore. 

The over/under is 45.5. Don’t overthink it this team is good. Not title good but a nice 3-4 seed in the east good. Take the over. This team is gonna have a nice regular season. 

47 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

The over/under is 45.5. Don’t overthink it this team is good. Not title good but a nice 3-4 seed in the east good. Take the over. This team is gonna have a nice regular season. 

We'll see. I think scoring is going to be a major issue for that group next year.

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m a big time homer, but I don’t see how anyone can have a tier 1 without the rockets in it. There’s no reason they won’t be a great regular season team, and being the 1 or 2 seed is a huge playoff advantage. Plus we’ve been the 2nd best team in the west the last two years. I’m worried about the fit of exchanging CP3 for WB but I think we are right there with the lakers and clippers teams 

Well that explains it. Anyone who believes Harden/Westbrook is going to work is kidding themselves.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see. I think scoring is going to be a major issue for that group next year.

It could be but I dont think it’ll be a major issue. I guess we’ll see. Right now I think I have a good feel of this team and know what to expect. As defending champions I’m golden with whatever outcome. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, champ11 said:

Title contention tiers, as of now, IMO:

Tier 1

LAC, LAL, MIL, PHI

Tier 2

HOU, GS

Tier 3

DEN, UTAH

A couple things could move around here of course. If Jamal Murray and Donovan Mitchell make jumps then I think those two teams become more legitimate contenders, but as of now I won't predict it until I see it.

LAL, HOU, GS are getting the super-star respect. Klay could never come back and then I wouldn't see GS having the horses. But if Klay/Steph/Dray are healthy for the playoffs they could win a title. I don't love the Lakers roster, but I think AD and LeBron in a playoff series is incredible and the surrounding roster could be enough. Houston I like more in the regular season than playoffs w/ the Westbrook addition, but I think they are still going to be very good. 

I'd probably knock down Philadelphia a tier.

Everyone assume KD will miss the entire season and I do to BUT what if he comes back a month or so before the playoffs? Does anyone factor that in at all? Its a possibility and should be taken into account if people are saying who has the best chance to win the title. Just like people are saying the Lakers are co-favorites or even straight up favorites to win the title because people are taking into account LeBron and AD being available and not hurt come playoff time. LeBron is aging and suffered his worst injury last year at his oldest age. AD has never stayed healthy. Only has played at least 70 games twice in his career. So if we are going to take into account situations like that then we have to factor the possibility of KD coming back before the playoffs for Brooklyn and not just automatically assume he wont play this upcoming season at all. Ive thought about it just incase he does come back and if thats the case then we have to say Brooklyn is in the same discussion as the Bucks and Philly in terms of title contention in the East. They would be better than them if KD played the entire season with the Nets but if he comes back a month before the playoffs that helps the Nets but not to the point where Id say they are the favorites. Id say they would be a scary team where ever they are seeded with KD back with Kyrie and the rest of the Nets supporting cast and they could make a run in the East. Thats just how I feel. 

Edited by stl4life07

On 7/19/2019 at 12:25 PM, NYRaider said:

Joel averaged 17 ppg on 33% FG and was their best player? Sure.

I think Joel underperformed and was still their most important player. If you watched game 7 - they lost that game in the minutes Embiid was off the floor. I believe he was a +90 in total for the series. He obviously has a major impact on the game even when his offense isn't efficient. 

His biggest issue is honestly conditioning. They straight up just needed him to play more minutes and he couldn't do it. 

But I agree that Joel wasn't as good as we would expect in that series so I don't feel overly passionate about this take. 

On 7/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, stl4life07 said:

Everyone assume KD will miss the entire season and I do to BUT what if he comes back a month or so before the playoffs? Does anyone factor that in at all? Its a possibility and should be taken into account if people are saying who has the best chance to win the title. Just like people are saying the Lakers are co-favorites or even straight up favorites to win the title because people are taking into account LeBron and AD being available and not hurt come playoff time. LeBron is aging and suffered his worst injury last year at his oldest age. AD has never stayed healthy. Only has played at least 70 games twice in his career. So if we are going to take into account situations like that then we have to factor the possibility of KD coming back before the playoffs for Brooklyn and not just automatically assume he wont play this upcoming season at all. Ive thought about it just incase he does come back and if thats the case then we have to say Brooklyn is in the same discussion as the Bucks and Philly in terms of title contention in the East. They would be better than them if KD played the entire season with the Nets but if he comes back a month before the playoffs that helps the Nets but not to the point where Id say they are the favorites. Id say they would be a scary team where ever they are seeded with KD back with Kyrie and the rest of the Nets supporting cast and they could make a run in the East. Thats just how I feel. 

Even if he does return sometime next season, I don't expect the elite KD. I'm on record saying he will return to being elite for the 2020-2021 season, but next season is really pushing it. I mean the dude is so damn skilled and has the most complete offensive arsenal in the game that he will still be effective regardless, but don't expect a complete game changer next season. Will take him damn near three or so weeks just to get his conditioning on point and they will keep him on a minutes restriction. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if he does return sometime next season, I don't expect the elite KD. I'm on record saying he will return to being elite for the 2020-2021 season, but next season is really pushing it. I mean the dude is so damn skilled and has the most complete offensive arsenal in the game that he will still be effective regardless, but don't expect a complete game changer next season. Will take him damn near three or so weeks just to get his conditioning on point and they will keep him on a minutes restriction. 

I'm interested to see how it affects his movement. Has there ever been a player who tore his Achilles and then returned to an elite level? 

Edited by NYRaider

As more time passes, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Russell Westbrook and James Harden playing together.  I think it might work out, and if anyone can make it work it's D'Antoni.  That said, they're not winning the title, but they'll be a really good team.  I think you can probably put the Rockets in the same tier as the Warriors.

Clippers, Lakers

Warriors (if Klay is healthy, they're probably in tier 1), Rockets

Everyone else.  West only.  Nobody in the east is a real contender, imo.