Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is there a reason why every single positive thing about this team has to be credited to Rodgers? Our offensive line is fantastic. Rodgers is not a positive contributor to the number of sacks that this offense takes. I don't even know how anybody could possibly believe that with a straight face. He holds the ball. 

What game are you referring to when talking about instant pressure? The Bears game? No ****, having two pro bowl DL with two other high caliber starters is a lot better than having 1 pow bowl DL and two other high caliber players. 

What exactly is "smacking Mack in the mouth"?

Go back and watch the Denver game, Rodgers was getting instant pressure where he just had to throw the ball in the dirt. You could see the frustration on his face late in that game. Same with the Philly game. And I'll correct you the Tackles are fantastic.

Before the Dallas game  the Guard play has been horrible. Taylor was getting bull rushed like he was blocking on an ice rink, getting pushed around and knocked over. Turner's was constantly  getting beat.  Will admit looks like we found a player in Jenkins.  By the way I never said the OL was bad just saying I love physicality over finesse.

3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Go back and watch the Denver game, Rodgers was getting instant pressure where he just had to throw the ball in the dirt. You could see the frustration on his face late in that game. Same with the Philly game. And I'll correct you the Tackles are fantastic.

Before the Dallas game  the Guard play has been horrible. Taylor was getting bull rushed like he was blocking on an ice rink, getting pushed around and knocked over. Turner's was constantly  getting beat.  Will admit looks like we found a player in Jenkins.  By the way I never said the OL was bad just saying I love physicality over finesse.

Denver? The Denver Game where Rodgers was knocked down 1 time? Sacked 0 times? and only pressured 5?

We also have a fantastic Center. Our Guard play is adequate/solid, not horrible.

Who on this line is lacking physicality?  Bakhtiari is the only one, and it's not like Kolton Miller with the Raiders is any kind of road grader?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Denver? The Denver Game where Rodgers was knocked down 1 time? Sacked 0 times? and only pressured 5?

We also have a fantastic Center. Our Guard play is adequate/solid, not horrible.

Who on this line is lacking physicality?  Bakhtiari is the only one, and it's not like Kolton Miller with the Raiders is any kind of road grader?

Yeah with Jenkins this is probably the most physical line the Packers have had since Lang/Sitton left. Turner's not a great guard but he plays hard and wants to get after you and Jenkins has some real dog in him. This is a good group in a bunch of ways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Yeah with Jenkins this is probably the most physical line the Packers have had since Lang/Sitton left. Turner's not a great guard but he plays hard and wants to get after you and Jenkins has some real dog in him. This is a good group in a bunch of ways.

Yes, but they play for us, so they're soft and scrub-like.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with Akiem Hicks playing 0 snaps instead of the 50 that he played against us? When you lose a pro bowl caliber DT, you can get run on. 

Bingo ... that guy is an animal and will be missed a ton.  He's the straw that stirs the drink for their defensive line.  You bet it made a difference!  

• Like 1

I watched Jenkins a lot against the Lions.  Most of our good runs either came over LG or on a cutback to the LG area.  It was so obvious that the Lions adjusted at halftime and put a DL in his gap, or walked a 'backer in there to occupy him.  He's simply amazing at getting off, helping with a double, then finding, turning and running out a linebacker.

Jenkins is playing some amazing football.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I watched Jenkins a lot against the Lions.  Most of our good runs either came over LG or on a cutback to the LG area.  It was so obvious that the Lions adjusted at halftime and put a DL in his gap, or walked a 'backer in there to occupy him.  He's simply amazing at getting off, helping with a double, then finding, turning and running out a linebacker.

Thank you for this post. I thought he had a great game aswell. He moves so well, and his transition blocks are so smooth. We've got a future all pro on our hands. 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yep!

I've been saying this since Family Night... Jenkins is the next Gale Gillingham for the Packers. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, vegas492 said:

On 10/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, ReadyToThump said:

Thank you for this post. I thought he had a great game aswell. He moves so well, and his transition blocks are so smooth. We've got a future all pro on our hands. 

20 hours ago, Donzo said:

Yep!

I've been saying this since Family Night... Jenkins is the next Gale Gillingham for the Packers. 

Now you are making me wish I knew who Gale Gillingham was/is.....  Looks like I'll have to use the google....

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, vegas492 said:

He is a MAJOR upgrade over Lane Taylor.  Lane is going to have a tough time wrestling that spot back.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

He is a MAJOR upgrade over Lane Taylor.  Lane is going to have a tough time wrestling that spot back.  

I think Lane becomes a cap casualty next year. Jimmy Graham should also be a cap casualty as well. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I still think that Lane would be great depth, but I can see taking his cap space and hoping that Madison or Patrick or some other young kid can be a capable back up.

Jenkins is clearly a better player, but Lane is no slouch either.  He can start in the league.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I still think that Lane would be great depth, but I can see taking his cap space and hoping that Madison or Patrick or some other young kid can be a capable back up.

Jenkins is clearly a better player, but Lane is no slouch either.  He can start in the league.

Not disputing he can play in this league. I'm just not certain we'd keep him at 5 million as a back up. That doesn't seem sound fiscally, given we need to get Martinez done and King and Clark would be wise too IMO. 

Of course, I'm also thinking we are taking an OT in this upcoming draft with or without a Bulaga extension. 

Edited by Golfman

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Now you are making me wish I knew who Gale Gillingham was/is.....  Looks like I'll have to use the google....

Dude, the guy was a monster. He was into lifting before it became the thing to do in the NFL and just manhandled people... He came in at the very end of the Lombardi era then had to suffer with the hideous regimes of the late 60's and early 70's. Freakin' idiot Devine actually moved him to DL one year... If he came into the league three years earlier, he'd probably be considered a top five Packer of all time. 

Long story short, there's not a better lineman in Packer history than Gale Gillingham.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Dude, the guy was a monster. He was into lifting before it became the thing to do in the NFL and just manhandled people... He came in at the very end of the Lombardi era then had to suffer with the hideous regimes of the late 60's and early 70's. Freakin' idiot Devine actually moved him to DL one year... If he came into the league three years earlier, he'd probably be considered a top five Packer of all time. 

Long story short, there's not a better lineman in Packer history than Gale Gillingham.

Loved me some Gale Gillingham, but Forest Gregg!