Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

1 hour ago, Breesus said:

Pick 3 ppr

M. Thomas vs Was

Landry vs TB

JuJu vs Ten

Jeffrey vs Dal

Thomas and Jeffrey for sure, and then Landry vs. Juju I think comes down to your matchup and whether you want the guaranteed Landry floor or you think you'll need a big performance and Juju's higher ceiling to get the win.

Corey Davis (@PIT) or Robert Woods (@MIN) ? 

0.5 PPR

Got Woods in there currently - Mariota's health is a factor, I hate road Thursday games and I've already got DeMarco starting as well, and Woods has been on fire. I guess my main concern is whether the Vikings decide they want Rhodes to shadow Woods after his big games; but it seems like it's been Watkins attracting opposing teams' #1's for the most part. 

17 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Rank these defenses to start this week:

Chicago defense vs Det

Houston defense vs Ari

Cincinnati defense @ Den

Green Bay defense vs Bal

Tampa Bay defense @ Mia

LA Chargers defense vs Buf

Any advice on defenses to stream this week? 

Also, who do I start in my two flex spots? Pick two. Standard scoring, no PPR

Melvin Gordon vs Buf 

Austin Ekeler vs Buf 

DeVante Parker vs TB

Doug Martin @ Mia 

Tevin Coleman @ Sea

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Thomas and Jeffrey for sure, and then Landry vs. Juju I think comes down to your matchup and whether you want the guaranteed Landry floor or you think you'll need a big performance and Juju's higher ceiling to get the win.

Corey Davis (@PIT) or Robert Woods (@MIN) ? 

0.5 PPR

Got Woods in there currently - Mariota's health is a factor, I hate road Thursday games and I've already got DeMarco starting as well, and Woods has been on fire. I guess my main concern is whether the Vikings decide they want Rhodes to shadow Woods after his big games; but it seems like it's been Watkins attracting opposing teams' #1's for the most part. 

I would say roll with Woods. I don't think Rhodes is going to shadow him and that offense has just been more consistent. I like Davis, especially after this week, but Woods is the safer play.

13 minutes ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Melvin Gordon vs Buf 

Austin Ekeler vs Buf 

DeVante Parker vs TB

Doug Martin @ Mia 

Tevin Coleman @ Sea

Defense wise, I say Houston or Chargers best option. Probably lean towards Chargers because they've been a decent unit the entire year.

For the flex, Coleman is definite start with Freeman out and I think Gordon is the next best in standard scoring. He has lost some snaps to Ekeler, but will still be a big part of that offense and the Bills defense has been trending down.

5 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Melvin Gordon vs Buf 

Austin Ekeler vs Buf 

DeVante Parker vs TB

Doug Martin @ Mia 

Tevin Coleman @ Sea

Easy for me. No doubt u play chargers D against a cordy glenn less terbl bills oline. Chargers Dline gonna feast, wouldnt be suprised if they get 10 sacks vs that rookie qb.

coleman and gordon also

12 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

I’d say Drake definitely for both. Then maybe Latavius for league 1 and Jamal Williams for league 2. Mixon might not be a bad play either because Denver’s offense will most likely not score a lot so Cincinnati won’t be playing from behind much, if at all. I probably wouldn’t do DeMarco in either though because I don’t like playing people on the Thursday game unless it’s a good matchup and Pittsburgh’s defense is pretty tough on the run. 

Shocked you like Drake since he never gets double digit touches 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Cluster F- incoming. PPR

Demarco Murray

James White

Duke Johnson 

Robert Woods

Damien Williams

Orleans Darkwa

pick 3

Woods is a lock. 

I think Williams as the 2nd choice because he has been strong in PPR. I think after that you have to go with Murray. His matchup is tough and on the road on Thursday night, but he is still the RB in Tennessee to own and should get enough touches to be a solid play this week 

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shocked you like Drake since he never gets double digit touches 

Yeah, but he’s done a lot with those touches since Ajayi was traded and I feel like he’s the best running back on that team now so his touches will increase. 

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

ok here's another ANNOYING situation to be in.

Delanie Walker or Vernon Davis in PPR. I'd start Vernon, but if Reed ends up playing then I have no tight end because Delanie plays tonight. Does this mean just start Walker?

Who's on the wire? Anyone of note? I really dislike Walker as a play tonight just based on thursday night road game against one of the better pass defenses in the nfl.

Just now, Forge said:

Who's on the wire? Anyone of note? I really dislike Walker as a play tonight just based on thursday night road game against one of the better pass defenses in the nfl.

A bunch of garbage.

Coby Fleener, Ben Watson, Aj Derby, Jesse James, Martellus Bennett, Njoku, Tyler Higbee, I guess there is Jermaine Gresham but with Gabbert ew. 

Worth noting I'm also starting Demarco Murray tonight so I'd be invested heavily in the Titans offense.

10 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

A bunch of garbage.

Coby Fleener, Ben Watson, Aj Derby, Jesse James, Martellus Bennett, Njoku, Tyler Higbee, I guess there is Jermaine Gresham but with Gabbert ew. 

Worth noting I'm also starting Demarco Murray tonight so I'd be invested heavily in the Titans offense.

Yeah, that's not ideal. But man, I really detest this matchup for Walker, and I don't like being that invested in the Titans offense on a thursday night road game. I think that's not a good recipe.  Personally, I'd almost take my shot with Davis, and if Reed is in, probably roll with Gresham or Watson. I mean, Gabbert is bad, but I don't view him as much worse than Stanton, and honestly, bad quarterbacks tend to have an over reliance on check downs- which means running backs and tight ends get into it a little more. He threw 5 touchdowns last year, 3 to tight ends, I believe. Of course, Arians doesn't really feature the tight end, so not exactly the same, but still. I don't know, really tough call there. Watson has been at least consistent - in my league (which is only .5 ppr), he's scored fewer than 5 points once since week one (not sure he played in week 1), and scored fewer than 7 only 3 times since week 1. That's actually not an awful floor all things considered. 

Archived