Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not expecting a Hayward-type evolution by King but who knows. Hayward had 9 picks in his first 3 years at GB and always was a playmaker. King hasn't shown that through 2 years so far.

I don't think he's been healthy enough to say either way. When he's played, he's been lights out. The first Vikings game he was pitching a shutout. When he went down our defense collapsed. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

So if King leaves and signs elsewhere and becomes a Pro Bowler, we can expect Packers fans to be enraged that we didn’t re-sign King who they were mad at in the first place?

Hayward was tough because (almost) everyone knew he was good, but given the information in hand at the time, it was the right move to let him go.  Knowing only what I knew at the time, I probably would let Hayward go 10/10 times.  I am not sure King becomes that unless Brown, Hollman, and Jackson all look good.  King is also signed through 2020, so there are two more full seasons to make that decision.  

21 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah! Why don't these guys just play through muscle/tendon issues that could be aggravated, resulting in compounded missed time for week 3 of training camp???

Not really talking about him not practicing .. more so talking about his inability to stay healthy.  He is a softy who can't hold up to the rigors of the NFL apparently.  

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not really talking about him not practicing .. more so talking about his inability to stay healthy.  He is a softy who can't hold up to the rigors of the NFL apparently.  

King himself being a softy or his body being a softy? Dont think the guy is soft or he wouldn't be playing football

When I saw him interviewed right after he was drafted, my first thought was, this guy is too skinny. He's gonna get snapped like a twig. I call him Twiggy. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see how his thin frame is going to take the pounding. So far it hasn't.

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams is not even close to an edge rusher. Stow the homer nonsense.

Geze O petes, he was just talking about Adam's skill set. Why Adam's excellent skill set pisses you off is odd... And, just because he wasn't player hattin', doesn't make it "homer nonsense".

king is not built for battle 

thought he was looking a little thicker, like he got his body right. if he misses more than like 5 games this year i'd be cool w/ not re-upping him regardless of what happens the following season. seems like a good guy, hope they figure out how to get his body to stop failing him 

The fault clearly lies with Packers News for jinxing King with a feature article on Friday: "King said he's fine now, that his body feels good as camp intensifies. He tightened his diet this offseason. He also bulked up almost 10 pounds, pushing his weight over 200. King hopes this is the season, finally, he can stay on the field." 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

king is not built for battle 

thought he was looking a little thicker, like he got his body right. if he misses more than like 5 games this year i'd be cool w/ not re-upping him regardless of what happens the following season. seems like a good guy, hope they figure out how to get his body to stop failing him 

Definitely a good guy, he was a blast at TC. We need him out there and can only hope we get good news in the next day or so.

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

Geze O petes, he was just talking about Adam's skill set. Why Adam's excellent skill set pisses you off is odd... And, just because he wasn't player hattin', doesn't make it "homer nonsense".

Adams isn't close to an edge rusher from a skillset, body shape, or athletic perspective.

Archived