What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

7 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

A gyro bowl actually sounds really good 

It was amazing.  Is amazing.  I’m on day three of eating it and I’m not even sick yet. Next time it’s definitely going to be lamb.  I was just too lazy to go to the other grocery store to get lamb instead of beef.

Also, I did the same thing except a cheeseburger bowl.  Yellow onion, tomato, chopped lettuce, chopped pickle and ground beef.  Sprinkle in some shredded cheese, then put some ketchup and mustard in it.

The whole bowl idea has added probably two months on the longevity of my keto diet.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I did the same thing except a cheeseburger bowl.  Yellow onion, tomato, chopped lettuce, chopped pickle and ground beef.  Sprinkle in some shredded cheese, then put some ketchup and mustard in it.

The whole bowl idea has added probably two months on the longevity of my keto diet.  

I’m intrigued with the idea of a cheeseburger in a bowl 

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’m intrigued with the idea of a cheeseburger in a bowl 

It was delicious, man.  And I half-assed it, too.  Do it right and get some actual hamburger seasoning with all the requisite toppings... It is something I would eat again even if I stopped keto.  Do that and mix it all together and put it on a bun and it would probably revolutionize hamburgers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Homemade French dip subs with a nice chuck roast dry rubbed in salt, pepper, dry drench onion dip/soup. Slow cooked in beef broth and a cup of red wine. Finished toasted Italian bread with the beef and provolone in the oven.

I find that if you're making a cheesesteak, you do better to slow cook your meat than to try to cook steak really.  Because in the latter way, you just end up with overcooked steak.  If I want a steak sandwich, I want it rare, but you don't get that with cheesesteaks 90% of the time, so just slow cook it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I find that if you're making a cheesesteak, you do better to slow cook your meat than to try to cook steak really.  Because in the latter way, you just end up with overcooked steak.  If I want a steak sandwich, I want it rare, but you don't get that with cheesesteaks 90% of the time, so just slow cook it.

And the leftovers sitting in the au jois an extra day or two makes it incredibly tender and the reheat factor is excellent.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 6:50 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Made some tortillas earlier and they weren't bad for the first time ever so I am eating some cheese crisps. 

which is apparently an arizona thing according to the internet

a cheese crisp is like a dried cheese thing

an arizona cheese crisp is a buttered tortilla that is crisped up on a pan with cheese on top to melt. and if you order them from a restaurant they'll put like green chile on top. the tortilla kinda gets a cracker texture and turns more delicious 

I made the latter

I haven't cooked this yet, but let me tell you what I'm excited about.

My fiancee is babysitting in like 2 weeks, and she's going to be away over night. Means I get to make things I know she's not a huge fan of.

I just found out a local market sells full on Tomahawk steaks and I've been wanting to have one for myself.

I recently got a sous vide, and I have a large container, my cast iron is well seasoned, I am going to make a bleu cheese butter for it.

I. am. ready.