MKnight82

What Did You Cook for Dinner?

So I’ve been trying new crockpot recipes.  Today I made a honey/ginger chicken that I slow cooked over 5 hours then served with rice and an Asian cabbage salad I made.  Turned out pretty good.  Anyone have any good recipes?

I cook pork tenderloin in the crock pot all the time, super easy.  Add a little fluid (beer, vegetable juice, broth/stock, water, water you have) and some seasoning and it’s done.  I’ll throw it in some tacos.

You can google a recipe for chicken and dumplings that use canned biscuits that are easy as hell and delicious if you feel like being a fatty.

sliced chicken breasts stuffed with horseradish, sharp cheddar and onions, wrapped in bacon and smoked. that was last night, it was a lot of prep so tonight I'm gonna get a sandwich from the deli

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I cook pork tenderloin in the crock pot all the time, super easy.  Add a little fluid (beer, vegetable juice, broth/stock, water, water you have) and some seasoning and it’s done.  I’ll throw it in some tacos.

You can google a recipe for chicken and dumplings that use canned biscuits that are easy as hell and delicious if you feel like being a fatty.

yes to both of these. 

Crock pot ribs are easy when I'm too lazy to fire up the smoker or out of pellets

buy ribs, cut them up into single, 2x, 3x riblets, simmer in crock pot in broth/beer for 2 hours, remove, pat dry and rub with whatever, bake covered at 150 for 2 hours then broil on bbq sauce to finish

Posted (edited)

beans and rice used to be a staple for me, if you're into that there are tons of good recipes. I like red beans or pinto/black depending on what else I was adding to the rice when it was done.

if you're doing a shoulder for pulled pork, throw in a couple smoked ham hocks in with it for some smoke flavor rather than using liquid smoke. I like it a lot better.

Edited by Dome

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do you broil the pork in the oven afterward to make it crispy?

49 minutes ago, Dome said:

sliced chicken breasts stuffed with horseradish, sharp cheddar and onions, wrapped in bacon and smoked. that was last night, it was a lot of prep so tonight I'm gonna get a sandwich from the deli

yes to both of these. 

Did you cook the wrapped chicken on a grill?

Im about to make bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. 

Maybe. I am being lazy. 

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Do you broil the pork in the oven afterward to make it crispy?

Me personally?  Nah, this is for when I’m either feeling lazy or don’t have a lot of time to cook.  You could though, sure.

This time of year I eat a lot of fritatas.  Good way to use vegetables from the garden.  My favorite combo is squash, habaneros, and goat cheese, but you can throw any veggies in.

Crock Pots are garbage. Anything you cook in the crock pot can be made significantly better in an enameled cast iron pot and faster (and still better) in a pressure cooker.

Riced cauliflower and ground turkey "stir fry." It was okay. 

I’m up to 51 pizza rolls since 7 pm

10 hours ago, pwny said:

Crock Pots are garbage. 

i've never owned one, never cooked in one. didn't grow up with them in my family as a kid.

and i agree, don't understand the fascination with them.

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:
10 hours ago, pwny said:

Crock Pots are garbage. 

i've never owned one, never cooked in one. didn't grow up with them in my family as a kid.

and i agree, don't understand the fascination with them.

Its very understandable why people like them. 

Step 1 - throw food in big pot morning before work

Step 2 - come home to a home cooked meal