The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

You guys don't really think Yelich will stick around, do you? 

Even if Milwaukee could match the biggest offer he'll get on the open market, he knows they'll never have enough money to build around him. So he'll go somewhere where he'll get paid AND compete. 

11 minutes ago, Slinky said:

You guys don't really think Yelich will stick around, do you? 

Even if Milwaukee could match the biggest offer he'll get on the open market, he knows they'll never have enough money to build around him. So he'll go somewhere where he'll get paid AND compete. 

IF you are right, which I don't think you are... Then at least we had 5 years of one of the best players in the MLB. You know we still have him wrapped up for the next 3 years though right? If he is offered $300 million this year or next, I think he takes it rather than waiting to enter FA when he is 31. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So what's our team look like now? Not only are we getting new uniforms, we're getting a new team lol. 

It's so early who even knows. There are pretty much zero non-Donaldson 3B who are any good.

The non-tenders of Shaw and Nelson makes me think it's not a complete rebuild, since if we were rebuilding we'd keep them and try to flip them at the deadline if they perform at all. So I think this is a step back for a year to compete in 2021. 

The payroll is up to Yelich IMO. If he's adamant about getting to FA, there's nothing we can do. If there's even a chance at getting him with a Joey Votto kind of contract, we've gotta make it happen.

2 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Wish we would’ve tendered Shaw and Nelson though 

Jimmy Nelson getting non-tendered bothers me because it means that the stupid goddamn baserunning injury unofficially ended his career as a relevant pitcher.

And that just sucks.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know it looks like we are starting over but have any of these guys really performed all that great last year? 

No but that's a lot of depth. And I liked Guerra out of the bullpen.