Bitcoin

BayRaider

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Don't  know whether to buy or sell everything. 

I have about 3,000 invested in it and I'm not sweating it at all.  If it goes to crap, it's 3,000 dollars and that will not impact my life.  If it comes back, however...

For the past month or so, I've been buying about 2% of a bitcoin, 10% of an Ethereum per paycheck and a full Litecoin per paycheck.  I'm hoping it goes all the way down to 5,000 by this Friday.  If it does, I'll probably end up buying 10% of a bitcoin.  It was my goal to get one full bitcoin by the end of this year, and I think I'll probably manage that at this pace.  If it all goes to crap, I'll probably have lost 6,000 total.  I can live with that kind of gamble, but I will not be able to live with missing out on the potential of making hundreds of thousands of dollars by not trying.

Five years ago it was under 300 dollars a Bitcoin.  It got up to 20,000 dollars.  If there's ever that big a jump again...

• Like 2

This was a bigger melt up than the 90s tech bubble.  It's only been six months since it started selling off, most of these are worthless long term.  If you believe, keep buying dips, but not the same dip.  and don't expect another run up anytime soon, it will be years.  This is an early accumulation phase at best right now.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:37 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I have about 3,000 invested in it and I'm not sweating it at all.  If it goes to crap, it's 3,000 dollars and that will not impact my life.  If it comes back, however...

For the past month or so, I've been buying about 2% of a bitcoin, 10% of an Ethereum per paycheck and a full Litecoin per paycheck.  I'm hoping it goes all the way down to 5,000 by this Friday.  If it does, I'll probably end up buying 10% of a bitcoin.  It was my goal to get one full bitcoin by the end of this year, and I think I'll probably manage that at this pace.  If it all goes to crap, I'll probably have lost 6,000 total.  I can live with that kind of gamble, but I will not be able to live with missing out on the potential of making hundreds of thousands of dollars by not trying.

Five years ago it was under 300 dollars a Bitcoin.  It got up to 20,000 dollars.  If there's ever that big a jump again...

Not too far off that 5k now lol

This dip is pretty big!! I'm not sure what to do. I want to get more now but can't say I'm confident this will get back to how it was. 

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Not too far off that 5k now lol

This dip is pretty big!! I'm not sure what to do. I want to get more now but can't say I'm confident this will get back to how it was. 

Yeah, not gonna say I'm not nervous about it, but in 2013 it went up to about 1200 only to drop back down to about 400.  I'm sure there were people five years ago who said it was done, going back to zero, all that jazz.  It might take another five years, but I'm pretty confident it will have another massive jump at some point.  This is how people make real money from Bitcoin.  The money isn't made while it's doing well.  Money is made when it's doing poorly. 

There could also be a MASSIVE jump.  Looking back through its history, it typically has its biggest boosts around December.  If the boost this December is anything close to the boost it got last December, having one bitcoin, if acquired while it's hovering around the 5-6 thousand mark, could net you about 12,000 dollars in value if it just MATCHED what it was at last December.  If it went up again, you could stand to make about 20,000 profit off just one Bitcoin.  That's a new car or a down payment on a starter house. 

As people in here have said, you only lose money if you sell.  For all we know it could go back down to 100 dollars and then five years from then it could go back up to 20,000 again. 

Probably wouldn't recommend buying at this point, but I definitely recommend you don't sell. 

56 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, not gonna say I'm not nervous about it, but in 2013 it went up to about 1200 only to drop back down to about 400.  I'm sure there were people five years ago who said it was done, going back to zero, all that jazz.  It might take another five years, but I'm pretty confident it will have another massive jump at some point.  This is how people make real money from Bitcoin.  The money isn't made while it's doing well.  Money is made when it's doing poorly. 

There could also be a MASSIVE jump.  Looking back through its history, it typically has its biggest boosts around December.  If the boost this December is anything close to the boost it got last December, having one bitcoin, if acquired while it's hovering around the 5-6 thousand mark, could net you about 12,000 dollars in value if it just MATCHED what it was at last December.  If it went up again, you could stand to make about 20,000 profit off just one Bitcoin.  That's a new car or a down payment on a starter house. 

As people in here have said, you only lose money if you sell.  For all we know it could go back down to 100 dollars and then five years from then it could go back up to 20,000 again. 

Probably wouldn't recommend buying at this point, but I definitely recommend you don't sell. 

Yea no way in hell will I sell. I thought I got a great deal on my LC at 112 a coin like 2 months ago. Cant sell now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, incognito_man said:
On 10/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So wouldn't the strategy be:

1. Do illegal thing
2. Get paid in bitcoin
3. Before the bitcoin can be tracked or frozen, exchange it several times in different marketplaces around the world to make it very difficult for LE agencies to follow each step
4. Your bitcoin is now clean

Depends on what you mean by 'do illegal thing'. If it is extortion, there is no time lag. The party forced to pay has ID'd the coins and the world knows what the addresses are.

If you mean pay for drugs or something between willing parties, there is no real advantage or disadvantage in the short term over say cash. However, if EVER law enforcement identifies an address as being unlawful, the the full transaction record for that player is public knowledge recorded on tens of thousands of computers. So LE automatically gets every address ever associated (and exact transaction amounts) with that particular one.

Well I am very happy to be proven wrong.

The Russian hackers in the DNC server had their bitcoin addresses traced back to them despite a lot of attempts to mask themselves per the indictment that was released. So yes, it looks like law enforcement can untangle this web and there isn't a way to "wash" bitcoin.

On 7/11/2018 at 10:27 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Been looking to diversify my crypto portfolio. Bitcoin 2 Gen and Cansecoin are solid, but I need more international exposure.

BOOM.

TO. THE. MOON.

Bout to invest more in my portfolio but just in ETH and BTC. How is this coin doing?

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well I am very happy to be proven wrong.

The Russian hackers in the DNC server had their bitcoin addresses traced back to them despite a lot of attempts to mask themselves per the indictment that was released. So yes, it looks like law enforcement can untangle this web and there isn't a way to "wash" bitcoin.

Well that's not gonna stop dark web drug users and illegal arms dealers from using it.

• 3 weeks later...