Bitcoin

BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'm on the Ripple bullrun as well right now. Have $250 at 18 cents and 25 cents. Think it's gonna bullrun all the way to 45 cents soon before we see a price correction. 

Not investing in Bitcoin atm cause I think we will see a price correction shortly. Back down to 8k and possibly even as low as 6500. Bitcoin will see another bullrun to see 20-25k over the next year but 10k is a really bad price to buy in. More of a panic buy in price. 

Give me the info on Ripple. I just put my first money in on Eretheum. Looking for some more to diversify.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I'm on the Ripple bullrun as well right now. Have $250 at 18 cents and 25 cents. Think it's gonna bullrun all the way to 45 cents soon before we see a price correction. 

Not investing in Bitcoin atm cause I think we will see a price correction shortly. Back down to 8k and possibly even as low as 6500. Bitcoin will see another bullrun to see 20-25k over the next year but 10k is a really bad price to buy in. More of a panic buy in price. 

lol

you think bitcoin will go up to 25k in a year, but is a bad buy at 10k...

ok, guy

• Like 1

the best advise you'll see in this thread:

only use play money to stick into crypto. i.e. that money you would OTHERWISE have spent on useless throwaway crap like video games or something (note: OTHERWISE, not IN ADDITION TO).

This crypto-mania is 100% speculation right now, 99.999% of people (including 100% in this thread) have no idea what they're are talking about regarding this stuff.

I have some fun money in on this because it's entertainment. It is NOT investing. It is entertainment. Don't get confused by this. Don't put more money into this than you would on some other useless thing that would entertain you for a month or two and then be gone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

lol

you think bitcoin will go up to 25k in a year, but is a bad buy at 10k...

ok, guy

I'm saying you'd not be getting your full value. Never buy high/price surge. That's common sense and has been pretty accurate in both stocks and cryptos.

Your best bet is to buy the altcoins that are still <$1 each, and hope one catches. If you buy something like $200 of Ripple at $0.25 each, if it catches on and hits even $100 you will be sitting on $80k. If it gets to $1,000 you are at almost a million. Worst case scenario it goes nowhere and you lose a couple hundred bucks.

Throw a few hundred into a bunch of the leading altcoins and just hope one of them hits it big.

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Your best bet is to buy the altcoins that are still <$1 each, and hope one catches. If you buy something like $200 of Ripple at $0.25 each, if it catches on and hits even $100 you will be sitting on $80k. If it gets to $1,000 you are at almost a million. Worst case scenario it goes nowhere and you lose a couple hundred bucks.

Throw a few hundred into a bunch of the leading altcoins and just hope one of them hits it big.

This is my philosophy as well. Throw a 1000 in, hope for x1000 and you have a million. 

Tonsss of research has to go into it though. Here are the most important factors to consider:

1) Name. 

Not kidding, name is a huge impact. 

2) Product

Do they have a working product? Is there a demo? Does it solve a real problem? Don't invest in just an idea.. unless you really really love it and love the team. Which brings me to my next item..

3) Team

Maybe the most important aspect, at least for me. First... are they real? Can you find them online except for LinkedIn? Second.. have they worked on successful projects before and/or worked as a developer of a known company?

4) Website 

How professional is their website? How good is it? Does it blow you away?

5) Are they active on their Bitcointalk Announcement Thread?

6) Token Amount

Whats the total token amount? The bigger supply, the less it will ever be worth. I stick to coins with 120M or less coins (besides Ripple). You also have to factor in how many of these tokens will be sold to the public? If not at least 70%, avoid. 

I've yet to find a good ICO I want to throw a couple thousand in. It's REALLY hard they meet all six checkboxes. I've missed out on some really really good ones though. 

Check ICO Bench, ICO Alert, and of course the Bitcointalk forum to see all the Altcoins out right now. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Question. I have plenty of fun money right now. Might put 100 on Ripple. How do you go about selling it back though? Let's say I put money on it and it hits this crazy high, I just choose to sell and someone/company deposits 80k into my bank? 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is my philosophy as well. Throw a 1000 in, hope for x1000 and you have a million. 

Tonsss of research has to go into it though. Here are the most important factors to consider:

1) Name. 

Not kidding, name is a huge impact. 

2) Product

Do they have a working product? Is there a demo? Does it solve a real problem? Don't invest in just an idea.. unless you really really love it and love the team. Which brings me to my next item..

3) Team

Maybe the most important aspect, at least for me. First... are they real? Can you find them online except for LinkedIn? Second.. have they worked on successful projects before and/or worked as a developer of a known company?

4) Website 

How professional is their website? How good is it? Does it blow you away?

5) Are they active on their Bitcointalk Announcement Thread?

6) Token Amount

Whats the total token amount? The bigger supply, the less it will ever be worth. I stick to coins with 120M or less coins (besides Ripple). You also have to factor in how many of these tokens will be sold to the public? If not at least 70%, avoid. 

I've yet to find a good ICO I want to throw a couple thousand in. It's REALLY hard they meet all six checkboxes. I've missed out on some really really good ones though. 

Check ICO Bench, ICO Alert, and of course the Bitcointalk forum to see all the Altcoins out right now. 

https://www.cardanohub.org/en/home/

Cardano (ADA)

Although it doesn't have the low coin count you prefer

The technology is amazing though and one of the best teams 

Edited by Knowledge

2 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Question. I have plenty of fun money right now. Might put 100 on Ripple. How do you go about selling it back though? Let's say I put money on it and it hits this crazy high, I just choose to sell and someone/company deposits 80k into my bank? 

You would then exchange your Ripple for Bitcoin and you can either keep the Bitcoin or sell that for the cash 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think we could see a price dip as people sell off at 10K. And like you said eventually another bullrun to 20-25.

As I type this, BTC might hit 11 today. Crazy!

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

the best advise you'll see in this thread:

only use play money to stick into crypto. i.e. that money you would OTHERWISE have spent on useless throwaway crap like video games or something (note: OTHERWISE, not IN ADDITION TO).

This crypto-mania is 100% speculation right now, 99.999% of people (including 100% in this thread) have no idea what they're are talking about regarding this stuff.

I have some fun money in on this because it's entertainment. It is NOT investing. It is entertainment. Don't get confused by this. Don't put more money into this than you would on some other useless thing that would entertain you for a month or two and then be gone.

Exactly. And also know that it's an extremely emotional investment. 9/10 times the common investors in the stock market buy high (out of emotion) and sell low (out of panic). Which is *** backwards. With the crazy volatility in crypto, if you get too emotionally invested, you'll go insane.

If you're bullish on BTC, the technology, block chains, etc. Just. Hold. 

But you're advice is exactly what I'm doing. I'm not taking it too serious, I'm investing money that I'm ok with losing, as in, it wouldn't kill me, and I'm having some fun.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

So I guess this thread is proof on a small scale why Bitcoin is skyrocketing. People hear something on CNBC or some article and want to throw a couple hundred at it, and it keeps happening with many new people everyday.

That's how every stock or crypto works. 

People buy = Price Increases

People sell = Price Decreases