Bitcoin

BayRaider

On 12/8/2017 at 12:27 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm testing this out. You're welcome to laugh at me given all my posts in this thread, but I bought 2 Litecoins this morning (bought at $102), and then it decided to randomly go up 25%. O.o

Just sold them, now waiting for the transfer the balance to my bank account to go through, and I'll let you know if I get rewards. Worst case scenario, I made 50 bucks. #daytrader

Quick update to this: Litecoin is now worth about 75 bucks more/coin than when I sold it. #DayTrader

giphy.gif

• Like 1

That's the reason I'm not trying the whole daytrading approach.  I also don't know how taxes work on any of this, so I'm just planning on leaving it in there for 5 years and seeing where it's at.  At 3,000 in profit, that's not going to change my life in any kind of significant way, but at the rate of tripling my investment in about five months, extrapolate that to five years and it could significantly change things. 

I have a friend who is trying the whole day trading thing and he's lost money doing that so far.  Unless you're putting in 10,000 dollars at a time, day trading is a stupid idea with these coins. 

I made like 500 dollars since posting this, so it's definitely tempting to cash in, but what's 500 gonna do for me? 

I might cash out once I make 10,000 profit, but until then I don't see the point. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

Litecoin is absolutely blasting off to the moon

At this rate it will pass Ethereum by next week 

Yeah, bought a quarter of one at noon yesterday. Furious I didn't get more. I don't want to wait for it to go down to get more but it's tough. I wanted to get in from the group up but I might've missed that bridge.

19 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
On 12/8/2017 at 12:27 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm testing this out. You're welcome to laugh at me given all my posts in this thread, but I bought 2 Litecoins this morning (bought at $102), and then it decided to randomly go up 25%. O.o

Just sold them, now waiting for the transfer the balance to my bank account to go through, and I'll let you know if I get rewards. Worst case scenario, I made 50 bucks. #daytrader

Quick update to this: Litecoin is now worth about 75 bucks more/coin than when I sold it. #DayTrader

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Eh I'm mostly making fun of myself. LIS earlier, I'm doing this to try and take advantage of credit card rewards. 

Still funny though.

Yeah but a few extra thousand bucks (at this rate) definitely wouldn't hurt anything. What site are you using to purchase and sell? Coinbase is slacking.