Bitcoin

BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Of course it will everything that goes up will come down. Might even fall in half to like 9k again. But that's not a bad thing. Bitcoin isn't gonna die. This thing is unstoppable and the future IMO. 

Yeah, I'm going to get into this type of stuff soon. Not BitCoin though, that has sailed for me. Just hoping to stumble onto the next big one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Just threw $50 in Litecoin. Why? I dunno. Its under $100 right now. I know some people are very bullish on it. 

Litecoin is one that I really like because I can buy so much more of it.  I bought just under 7 of them when the price was below 50. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Litecoin is one that I really like because I can buy so much more of it.  I bought just under 7 of them when the price was below 50. 

Ive been dabbling in etherium, but decided to throw a little in litecoin. I like what Ive read in a few places about it. 

19 hours ago, NS922 said:

I'm not buying any until it does drop. At this point it's best to wait it out since the price is so high it would be hard to make any really good returns on it anyway.

To be fair, you could have been saying the same thing since it was like 2K. I've been waiting for it to drops for months myself. Seems like the best drops you can hope for is the one from 17k to 13k from earilier today. Otherwise there's a good chance you'll be sitting there at 20K or more thinking 10K was too expensive waiting for a drop.

Just to be clear, not recommending anyone to invest, just saying based on personal feeling and recent events, that's how it seems a lot of people feel (including myself) and they're just sitting on the sidelines missing out.

Edited by Mossburg

Wish I would of invested more into Populous. I told a lot of people about it on Bitcointalk and early in this thread when it was $2.71. Now it's like $25 and looking like it will be a $50 coin. I only invested $100, grrr! Gotta start investing thousands in these smaller coins but I don't have the capital. 

I'll do more research on smaller coins and form a list for you guys. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wish I would of invested more into Populous. I told a lot of people about it on Bitcointalk and early in this thread when it was $2.71. Now it's like $25 and looking like it will be a $50 coin. I only invested $100, grrr! Gotta start investing thousands in these smaller coins but I don't have the capital. 

I'll do more research on smaller coins and form a list for you guys. 

I'll definitely start to watch if you do a channel as well, looking forward to the list!

On 12/6/2017 at 10:30 AM, incognito_man said:

I like this idea though...any good card sign up offers out there right now?

I'm testing this out. You're welcome to laugh at me given all my posts in this thread, but I bought 2 Litecoins this morning (bought at $102), and then it decided to randomly go up 25%. O.o

Just sold them, now waiting for the transfer the balance to my bank account to go through, and I'll let you know if I get rewards. Worst case scenario, I made 50 bucks. #daytrader

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm testing this out. You're welcome to laugh at me given all my posts in this thread, but I bought 2 Litecoins this morning (bought at $102), and then it decided to randomly go up 25%. O.o

Just sold them, now waiting for the transfer the balance to my bank account to go through, and I'll let you know if I get rewards. Worst case scenario, I made 50 bucks. #daytrader

Nice, good for you for testing it out.

This is something I don't understand. People spend tens of thousands of dollars on school, most of which is either worthless or irrelevant, but you don't want to drop like 50 bucks (that you might not even lose and could gain!) to mess around and gets a hands on experience with the future? Seems like most people who are afraid don't think it's worth it because unless it's safe enough for them to dump their life savings into there's no point in doing it. I found to to be an awesome learning experience, even if I lost everything it was worth it, no different from paying for a class. And for those who never invested before, it's a cool experiment to learn about yourself and see how you react when dealing with greed and fear.

Edited by Mossburg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Nice, good for you for testing it out.

This is something I don't understand. People spend tens of thousands of dollars on school, most of which is either worthless or irrelevant, but you don't want to drop like 50 bucks (that you might not even lose and could gain!) to mess around and gets a hands on experience with the future? Seems like most people who are afraid don't think it's worth it because unless it's safe enough for them to dump their life savings into it there's no point in doing. I found to to be an awesome learning experience. And for those who never invested before, it's a cool mini-experiment to learn about yourself and see how you react when dealing with greed and fear.

I mean I'm trying it out not so much as an investment vehicle or anything (though the process of setting things up and getting everything linked/verified with actual wallets and whatnot was a bit of an adventure). I'm doing this to see if I can swindle credit card companies out of rewards without having to actually spend any money. 

But yeah, my stance has softened. Now I'm more "if this is your fun money that you don't need for retirement", yeah why not.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean I'm trying it out not so much as an investment vehicle or anything (though the process of setting things up and getting everything linked/verified with actual wallets and whatnot was a bit of an adventure). I'm doing this to see if I can swindle credit card companies out of rewards without having to actually spend any money. 

But yeah, my stance has softened. Now I'm more "if this is your fun money that you don't need for retirement", yeah why not.

I didn't get into it for investing either (though I later bought some more in a more investment move), I just wanted to use it to pay for things online and not give out my info due to not trusting anyone with all these breaches. But it leads you down a rabbit hole and you learn a ton even if you weren't interested in those things before.