Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Dude. D Jax absolutely blew by him on one on ones last night. In his defense, he blows by everyone. But yea, speed is a concern. 

well he's slow and also a bandit so he goes for picks and you can double move him.

Edited by ninjapirate

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I dunno. It may be cocky but probably truthful. He’s better than Burton and walked off the team a top 10 or so TE. 

He's shown potential. But so did Burton as a pass catcher, they kept Celek a few years too long because he was the better blocker than both Burton and Ertz. 

I think Goedert is going to be much better than Ertz, and thats saying a lot because Ertz is a top 3 guy right now.

Goedert is already the better blocker/player after the catch. Way more physical. Ertz is basically a slot receiver in a TE’s frame lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I think Goedert is going to be much better than Ertz, and thats saying a lot because Ertz is a top 3 guy right now.

Goedert is already the better blocker/player after the catch. Way more physical. Ertz is basically a slot receiver in a TE’s frame lol

Goedert has the higher ceiling, whether or not he reaches it, who knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:
20 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Maddox will start somewhere. I imagine it’s inside. 

I thought the same thing but multiple different people are writing about Jones having the inside track on the slot job, someone has to be the odd man out.

Just read something today that said Jones and Maddox were flipping between the slot and the outside at the end of last week. Hopefully this isn't any indication against Darby being ready for the regular season.

23 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

1) LJ Fort. I'd say stock down and I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut. He's currently running with the second team AFTER you factor in that our first team right now is Nate Gerry and Zach Brown with Bradham and KGH injured.

12:17 p.m. — The defense comes out in a base formation, and the three linebackers are Nate Gerry, Zach Brown and L.J. Fort. Fort is the middle linebacker, but he retreats to the sideline when the Eagles go to their nickel formation. These groupings will be important to monitor while Kamu Grugier-Hill is out — and especially while Nigel Bradham remains sidelined with him.

Note from Yesterday's practice.