Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

53 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Man if Miles and Desean have big years, could be an all time sorta year for this offense. 

I put on Sportsnet’s coverage and they barely show any of the practice, just annoying

Barring health this team has an argument for most talented team in franchise history.

And, yeah... gone are the days where fans close enough could drive to see open practices or fans far away could watch basically the whole practice on the team website.

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Man if Miles and Desean have big years, could be an all time sorta year for this offense. 

I put on Sportsnet’s coverage and they barely show any of the practice, just annoying

If the injuries defensively continue, it could definitely be a big year for the offense.

Kamu Grugier Hill good, Nate Gerry bad. I've been saying this for almost 2 years now. Suck that's Ostman went down. All the more pressure on Sweat to live up to the hype he's been getting. Hopefully he stays hungry.

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Barring health this team has an argument for most talented team in franchise history.

And, yeah... gone are the days where fans close enough could drive to see open practices or fans far away could watch basically the whole practice on the team website.

Lehigh was such a cool set-up and environment. It was really easy to interact with the players there too. Shame they got rid of the entire thing 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Lehigh was such a cool set-up and environment. It was really easy to interact with the players there too. Shame they got rid of the entire thing 

Used to love going to Training Camp every year in Lehigh. Haven't been since they moved it to Novacare.

• Like 1

Also just wanted to comment on a few training camp topics that I've read in various threads...

1) LJ Fort. I'd say stock down and I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut. He's currently running with the second team AFTER you factor in that our first team right now is Nate Gerry and Zach Brown with Bradham and KGH injured.

2) Sendejo. A ton of people think he's going to be cut because of the 4th round comp pick. Dude has been killing it in camp and looks every bit the part of the third safety. I'd be shocked if he doesn't finally take that role from the Tre Sullivan's and Corey Graham's that have been in that spot the past couple years. I'd look elsewhere for that comp pick.

3) Sidney Jones. From everything i've read it really sounds like he's basically locked down that slot CB position. Rasul has been impressing on the outside. If I were to guess I'd say they're both starters with Darby as the other outside CB in week 1. Intrigued to see what happens to that group once Mills finally comes back from the PUP.

4) Our second rounders. I'm excited to see what Sanders and JJAW bring to the table but they have the same excitement as DeSean and LeSean coming in for me, hopefully they have the same impact that those two did.

Edited by Hockey5djh

34 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Maddox will start somewhere. I imagine it’s inside. 

That's what I'm thinking. 

Darby,........... Maddox ............Jones

Douglas....Le'blanc/Pick..........Mills

At least until Mills is healthy and Schwartz fills obligated to play him.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Tired of my boy Rasul not getting his chance. It's his time. IDC if that's at Safety, slot, or on the outside. Dude deserves playing time.

I love Rasul but the biggest knock against him is his speed. The starters will be some combination of Darby, Jones and Maddox. Maddox is turning into quite the pick up and I love all the positive news jones is getting. 

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

I love Rasul but the biggest knock against him is his speed. The starters will be some combination of Darby, Jones and Maddox. Maddox is turning into quite the pick up and I love all the positive news jones is getting. 

Dude. D Jax absolutely blew by him on one on ones last night. In his defense, he blows by everyone. But yea, speed is a concern.