Pick Early AFC Division Winners

KewlBeanz

Who you got in each AFC Division?

Here are my Puurfect Picks:

East: Patriots. Same old thang 

North: Steelers. Browns ain’t winning da North

South: Colts. Luck will Beast Out!

West: Chargers. With much hesitation because they are the Chargers.

East - Pats but I'd like to see them challenged.

North - Browns but I think it depends on the head to head matchups. If the Steelers sweep I think it's theirs. Ravens and Bengals have a chance if forward passes become illegal.

South - I'm going Texans. There is a lot of hype with the Colts (much like the Browns) and I do think they improved but I think it will be a close race between these two and Luck missing games will be the difference. Titans and Jaguars need to step up offensively to get in the race.

West - Chiefs. Chargers could fight for it but I think it's the Cheifs going away.

Steelers/Colts/Chargers/Ravens fighting for wildcards and there is a good chance that a 10 win team misses out on the playoffs this year and I'm going to say it is the Chargers with the Steelers and Colts taking the WC.

• Like 2

AFC East - Patriots. As long as Brady is Brady, that division is theirs. Although I do think the Jets and the Bills will improve this year.

AFC North - Browns or Steelers. Cleveland has the most talented roster on paper in the AFCN, but they're the most unproven. It'll be interesting to see how Pittsburgh does without Brown and Munchak, but I think they'll be alright. Their defense should be improved as well. You can't totally discount Baltimore either, even though Jackson will have to make significant strides as a passer. Really, any of these three teams have a legit shot at winning the division.

AFC South - Colts. They look like the favorites on paper, but again it's far from a sure thing. Houston had a pretty bad offseason, IMO, but that team still has talent. I just have no faith in BOB. Tenneessee was probably the most bipolar team last season, but they could be good if they can become more consistent. Even Jacksonville could be decent if their defense lives up to their potential and we see the good Nick Foles and not the bad Nick Foles.

AFC West - Chiefs. It's between them and the Chargers. Denver and Oakland should both be okay, but I don't see either challenging for a playoff spot, let alone the division crown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

East - Pats but I'd like to see them challenged.

North - Browns but I think it depends on the head to head matchups. If the Steelers sweep I think it's theirs. Ravens and Bengals have a chance if forward passes become illegal.

South - I'm going Texans. There is a lot of hype with the Colts (much like the Browns) and I do think they improved but I think it will be a close race between these two and Luck missing games will be the difference. Titans and Jaguars need to step up offensively to get in the race.

West - Chiefs. Chargers could fight for it but I think it's the Cheifs going away.

Steelers/Colts/Chargers/Ravens fighting for wildcards and there is a good chance that a 10 win team misses out on the playoffs this year and I'm going to say it is the Chargers with the Steelers and Colts taking the WC.

So your banking on Luck missing games even though he isn’t reckless, has a great online and gets the ball out much quicker now meh.

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

So your banking on Luck missing games even though he isn’t reckless, has a great online and gets the ball out much quicker now meh.

I'm not banking on it, I'm predicting it. He has missed 24 games the last 4 years so it isn't some crazy prediction. I think it will be a close battle for the division and his likelihood to be injured broke the tie, that's it.

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm not banking on it, I'm predicting it. He has missed 24 games the last 4 years so it isn't some crazy prediction. I think it will be a close battle for the division and his likelihood to be injured broke the tie, that's it.

Isnt Luck already dealing with a injury and its like the 2nd day of camp

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Going kinda safe:

EAST: New England

WEST: LAC

NORTH: Cleveland

SOUTH: Indianapolis

Hi.

I don’t see the Chargers as safe, they are the Chargers lol.

Cleveland, I don’t see as safe. they have not won their division forever.

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Fair point but if you factor his changed play style (less unnecessary runs), getting the ball out quicker and a great oline it seems less likely he misses any games.

I mean he was one of the least sacked/hit QBs last year so bearing some freak injury there’s a strong chance he plays all 16 games.

Edited by Blackstar12

17 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Fair point but if you factor his changed play style (less unnecessary runs), getting the ball out quicker and a great oline it seems less likely he misses any games.

I mean he was one of the least sacked/hit QBs last year so bearing some freak injury there’s a strong chance he plays all 16 games.

He isn't in a bad situation or anything but he has an injury history including shoulder surgery so that will always be a question with him. If he makes it through this season clean then that narrative will start to go away.

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Isnt Luck already dealing with a injury and its like the 2nd day of camp

Yeah a calf injury I don't think it is anything to be concerned about though. His shoulder and concussions are more likely to be what could make him miss time or extended time.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah a calf injury I don't think it is anything to be concerned about though. His shoulder and concussions are more likely to be what could make him miss time or extended time.

Hopefully the only bad thing that happens to him this season is he keeps that whacky beard 

:)