How should the Cowboys handle Zeke? Re-sign him, that's how.

Runaway Jim

What would you do?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Cowboys deal with Zeke?

• Deny him a new contract and wait for him to return
    • Add money to his remaining two years but deny him an extension
    • Sign him to a new 3 year deal that makes him one of the top three highest paid RB in the league
    • Sign him to a new 5 year deal that makes him the highest paid RB in the league
    • Trade him to the highest bidder

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Curious to see the full details, but saddling yourself to RB for 7 yrs is idiotic.

Hopefully all the GTD money is in the next ~3ish years. Hell, I would even settle for longer if they are rolling GTD $$ to protect against injuries/decline/suspension 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hopefully all the GTD money is in the next ~3ish years. Hell, I would even settle for longer if they are rolling GTD $$ to protect against injuries/decline/suspension 

Saw on Twitter that the first two years were fully gtd but don't know how factual that is.

Well I am not unhappy with the $ amount and if ONLY two years are GTD that is a huge huge win for the team.   I would be happy if Half is GTD over a 3 year span.  To me with as little as Zeke has actually played Is a reasonable time puts us on the hook four years counting this one.  And if it’s all clumped together with this year that didn’t hit us so bad on CAP.   

I also see this should put him on field game 3 maybe even game 2