2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I couldn't dock a receiver due to his blocking. Just not a big enough concern for me at all. 

Agreed. At the end of the day, you don't draft WRs to block. None of our WRs are what you call great blockers for the position. They mainly get in the way. Deebo and Bourne are probably the two best. The rest are 'meh'

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea I like Ruggs but I think his speed is being a little over-valued. That kind of speed can definitely take a offense to another level. But is he really a top 20 talent? Is he a WR1? Like there's doubt for me that you're going to get top of the draft production out of him. I know he's more than speed guy. But when your biggest physical asset is your speed, well what are we really saying?

Ruggs is also really strong, and has a 40" vertical. His speed + strength combo allows him to break a lot of tackles once he has the ball in his hands. Ruggs doesn't have the jukes of a lot of guys, but he doesn't need them. He runs a lot like Mostert, only he may be harder to bring down. I'm coming around on Ruggs, and don't think he's any more likely to bust than Jeudy. I've got them 2A/2B right now after Lamb.

24 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea I like Ruggs but I think his speed is being a little over-valued. That kind of speed can definitely take a offense to another level. But is he really a top 20 talent? Is he a WR1? Like there's doubt for me that you're going to get top of the draft production out of him. I know he's more than speed guy. But when your biggest physical asset is your speed, well what are we really saying?

I mean when you can run that fast and run routes as well as he does, then we are saying that is someone that could do a lot of good things for a ball club. THAT kind of speed with him being an effective route runner opens up areas of the field that Jimmy likes to take advantage of. It's not like Ruggs is just a one trick pony speedster. You will often times see WRs that are just fast with fairly skinny builds, but that is not Ruggs. Dude is a legitimate athlete and explosive with the ball in his hands. Trust me, I'm a Reagor guy myself and would love to draft him. But Ruggs is the real deal himself. 

SAN FRANCISCO: Two picks in the first round could add much more firepower to an already good roster, but many league sources expect the 49ers to attempt to trade back from No. 31 overall after targeting a top wide receiver or cornerback at No. 13.

This is from Matt Miller in his latest rumors article: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884704-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team

He also notes that he's heard rumors of the Jets favoring Lamb, the Raiders could go WR unless a QB that's too good to pass up is there, and that the Panthers and Jags could be surprise WR destinations in the 1st round. All of this, plus the Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, Titans, and Packers have been rumored to want a WR early in the draft. Not saying they're all going to take a receiver in the 1st, but it seems like pickings may be slim at 31 for a WR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This is from Matt Miller in his latest rumors article: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884704-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-2020-draft-rumors-for-every-nfl-team

He also notes that he's heard rumors of the Jets favoring Lamb, the Raiders could go WR unless a QB that's too good to pass up is there, and that the Panthers and Jags could be surprise WR destinations in the 1st round. All of this, plus the Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, Titans, and Packers have been rumored to want a WR early in the draft. Not saying they're all going to take a receiver in the 1st, but it seems like pickings may be slim at 31 for a WR. 

FWIW, Matt Miller is also saying that Tua is falling. Saying a number of have him behind Herbert, etc. 

Yeah, everyone is saying we are looking to add capital which is not surprising, but will be interesting to see if they move off of #13 or not. That's where we are getting the most value from.

Jets taking a WR is certainly possible but man they have to improve that OL. I don't care what their fans say, the free agency signings are not fixing that OL.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, everyone is saying we are looking to add capital which is not surprising, but will be interesting to see if they move off of #13 or not. That's where we are getting the most value from.

Jets taking a WR is certainly possible but man they have to improve that OL. I don't care what their fans say, the free agency signings are not fixing that OL.

If I put the over under at 1.5 on first round trades for us, would you take the over or under? 

46 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW, Matt Miller is also saying that Tua is falling. Saying a number of have him behind Herbert, etc. 

I'm not a Matt Miller fan boy or anything, but just because he's hearing that doesn't mean it isn't being floated out there. 

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I'm not a Matt Miller fan boy or anything, but just because he's hearing that doesn't mean it isn't being floated out there. 

I wasn't saying that as a manner to discredit Miller. I wouldn't at all be shocked if that were the case given the injury. I was adding additional things that Miller is hearing to your post about Miller is all. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They can not have Crowder as Darnold top target again...lol They can add OL help day 2. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

If I put the over under at 1.5 on first round trades for us, would you take the over or under? 

I could see us trading both picks if the right deal comes up. But if I had to bet I'd take the under. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I had been hoping we would have an opportunity to draft Lamb @ 13. Honestly, we will just have to wait and see. Rumors can go either way.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Under, but if we trade down from #13, then I see two trades. 

Will go with under for the game though. 

1 hour ago, sherm said:

They can not have Crowder as Darnold top target again...lol They can add OL help day 2. 

Perriman!!!!! But they can add a quality WR in day two, but can they add a quality OT in day two? 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd be looking at over. Unless one the OTs drops to 13 and Lynch really likes him, I can't see us picking at that spot. There is enough depth at the positions we need, to trade out of the 1st round altogether (hopefully pick up a first next year for a decent CB) that we can fill holes in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We don't need a starter in any position that we don't already have the roster. Can we make upgrades? Hell yeah at WR, G, CB, DT we need upgrades. However we can upgrade all those positions in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as Shanahan and Salah can scheme around those. We could also give us depth in positions such as OT and Edge that we may be losing next year.