2020 Draft Thread

Forge

8 hours ago, sherm said:
10 hours ago, Forge said:

If I put the over under at 1.5 on first round trades for us, would you take the over or under? 

I could see us trading both picks if the right deal comes up. But if I had to bet I'd take the under

statistically speaking if no trades, 1 trade, 2 trades all have an equal opportunity to happen (33%), then you take the under every single time

I think the most likely outcome is that we trade once. I think we are much more likely to trade back from 31 than from 13. Buckner trade was 1 for 1 IMO. We have something specific in mind. A trade down from there is plan B if someone takes whoever we want before our pick. 

18 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm not a Matt Miller fan boy or anything, but just because he's hearing that doesn't mean it isn't being floated out there. 

I wouldn't trust anything that Miller guy is saying. But I do think is weirdly suspicious that we haven't heard anything from Mayock in a couple of years. Very suspicious.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hypothetical, let's see Lamb and Jeudy are gone. 

Who would you take between Ruggs, Thomas, Jones and Henderson? And rank them from 1-4 between your preference for the pick (Trading down not an option here). 

1. Thomas (argument could be made he is the best T in this class. If this was Becton instead he probably slots in at 3 and drive Ruggs and Henderson up. If this was WIrfs or WIlls the situation is the same.)

2. Ruggs

3. Henderson (see what you can get for either Spoon or Moseley)

4. Jones.

Edited by Justone2

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

1. Thomas

2. Ruggs

3. Henderson (see what you can get for either Spoon or Moseley)

4. Jones.

I think I agree with going Thomas there and I would even be fine with Jones. Would be fine with either choice of course, but we will have some really good options at #13. 

1. Thomas

2. Ruggs / Henderson ( I honestly don't have an issue with either player here and they are basically dead even on the board for me...Henderson may be a little higher as a player, Ruggs may be a guy I find more likely and more impactful)

3. Jones. 

Btw, looks like Okudah is a popular pick for the Lions at #3, but I'm not sure about that. Sure they traded away Slay and Patricia wants good coverage corners, but I think they may go into another direction. I mean likely they trade down for a QB needy team. If they stay put, are they not candidates to take one of the tackles? Not like their OL is great or anything? 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hypothetical, let's see Lamb and Jeudy are gone. 

Who would you take between Ruggs, Thomas, Jones and Henderson? And rank them from 1-4 between your preference for the pick (Trading down not an option here). 

Don't understand having Thomas and Jones both in there. Should be replaced with Kinlaw. If so I'd go Kinlaw, Thomas, Henderson and then Ruggs.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Btw, looks like Okudah is a popular pick for the Lions at #3, but I'm not sure about that. Sure they traded away Slay and Patricia wants good coverage corners, but I think they may go into another direction. I mean likely they trade down for a QB needy team. If they stay put, are they not candidates to take one of the tackles? Not like their OL is great or anything? 

I think he's popular just because he's generally seen as BPA there. But yeah, this is one of those situations where I think he's the player most likely picked, but he's still far less like than the field, if you konw what I mean. 

Like, I'd put him at 35% to be picked there, and a bunch of others at like 10-15% lol

Just now, sherm said:

Don't understand having Thomas and Jones both in there. Should be replaced with Kinlaw. If so I'd go Kinlaw, Thomas, Henderson and then Ruggs.

This is a little more interesting for sure, because for me, Jones is way down there compared to the others. I think Kinlaw is still number 4 for me on this one though. Much closer though. I think it could change on any given day tbh. 

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Noooo!!!!!!!!! I would be mad if went Kinlaw not going to lie lol. I'm sure I will get over it when he gets on the field and is an impact player but I rather go in other directions.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he's popular just because he's generally seen as BPA there. But yeah, this is one of those situations where I think he's the player most likely picked, but he's still far less like than the field, if you konw what I mean. 

Like, I'd put him at 35% to be picked there, and a bunch of others at like 10-15% lol

I'm just not getting why they aren't talked about getting one of the top tackles. Like everyone is acting like they have such a good OL that they don't need one and I just don't get it. Okudah would be a fine choice of course, but seems like a bunch of group think going on. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is a little more interesting for sure, because for me, Jones is way down there compared to the others. I think Kinlaw is still number 4 for me on this one though. Much closer though. I think it could change on any given day tbh. 

Yeah I get I like him more than most on here so I get he's down on the list. Just wanted an equal rep of our needs. 

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Noooo!!!!!!!!! I would be mad if went Kinlaw not going to lie lol. I'm sure I will get over it when he gets on the field and is an impact player but I rather go in other directions.

I love Kinlaw potential but I also like some 2nd rd DT. Top of my list is underrated DT prospect James Lynch from Baylor. He can play anywhere on the DL and he's pretty athletic. 

• Like 1

1. Ruggs: I'm coming around to the idea that Henry Ruggs is a real-deal top-10 prospect at receiver (though not the #1 on my board), and that Kyle thinks he can win with whichever of the receivers is left to us at #13. Ruggs is more than just fast. I used to think that Ruggs had a lot of bust potential, but I don't see it anymore. I think his combination of speed/strength/character will play well no matter who drafts him.

2. Thomas: could fill Staley's shoes, but isn't he mostly a RT?

3. Henderson: obvious BPA at a position of relative need

4. punt