2020 Draft Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure what the issue with Jeudy is. He has not a single red flag athletically; sure, he doesn't profile with elite athletic traits, but nothing that is super worrisome. The only minor complaint would be a moderately low college dominator score (which can be attributed somewhat to his team, to be honest), but his breakout age is really good, and that's a good. No production issues. I don't know that he's an elite talent or anything, but I think he's got a really nice floor. I don't see why he wouldn't profile as a Stefon Diggs type comparable. 

Mostly a case of not having that single trait where you go wow. His best trait is his route running which usually isn't something the media guys value highly. They usually drool over the top speed guys and jump ball guys with crazy catches(which usually just means a guy doesn't create much separation). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

For sure. Jeudy is a special receiver that creates crazy separation and is a human joystick in the open field. Those kinds of guys just don't come in droves from the college ranks.  

Exactly. Jeudy's footwork in tight spaces, the variety of release/route concepts he's mastered coming out, and his trickery (understanding of how to wrong-foot defenders, basically) are all special. The only place I see Jeudy potentially getting into trouble in Kyle's scheme is if he proves to be soft. I dunno what sort of fight Jeudy has in him, and that matters because Kyle employs misdirection as much as any coach in the league, and his scheme demands well-rounded players at every offensive position.

This is why I'm less certain than I used to be that Jeudy would be Kyle's first pick from among the three. Lamb and Ruggs are both considerably tougher, by the looks of it, and Kyle wants receivers who can throw a block. Also the YAC abilities of Lamb and Ruggs may play better in the NFL than Jeudy's as a result of their greater strength. When great college open-field runners fail in the NFL, it is often because they end up being too soft (see Pettis, Dante). This could happen to Jeudy; it will not happen to the other two.

I think Jeudy has the most potential of the three, but also the biggest bust potential. I'm fairly certain that Kyle can make excellent players out of the other two (CeeDee Lamb is a beast, and Henry Ruggs is basically a better Marquise Goodwin), whereas I think Jeudy could end up in the doghouse. I still like him, but at this point I've got Lamb as the clear #1, and I'm pretty much indifferent between Jeudy and Ruggs.

22 minutes ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

I think Jeudy has the most potential of the three, but also the biggest bust potential.

Really? I definitely wouldn't agree with that at all. I'd actually say the exact opposite. I Think his upside is capped due to not having elite athletic traits, and he's probably the safest pick out of the top three because of his route running. As previously mentioned, a Stefon Diggs comparable isn't really all that far off. That's a top 15ish or 20ish receiver? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really? I definitely wouldn't agree with that at all. I'd actually say the exact opposite. I Think his upside is capped due to not having elite athletic traits, and he's probably the safest pick out of the top three because of his route running. As previously mentioned, a Stefon Diggs comparable isn't really all that far off. That's a top 15ish or 20ish receiver? 

Agreed, he's pretty much a sure bet. The one with the most potential and even bust potential would be Ruggs.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure what the issue with Jeudy is. He has not a single red flag athletically; sure, he doesn't profile with elite athletic traits, but nothing that is super worrisome. The only minor complaint would be a moderately low college dominator score (which can be attributed somewhat to his team, to be honest), but his breakout age is really good, and that's a good. No production issues. I don't know that he's an elite talent or anything, but I think he's got a really nice floor. I don't see why he wouldn't profile as a Stefon Diggs type comparable. 

And the thing is, he wasn't force-fed targets like alot of guys. He got his within the structure of the offense. He wasnt 'the guy' per say, who was schemed-up to get the ball in his hands like alike of programs do with their top wideout.

Question for thread...where would you rank Jeudy among the recent Bama WRs that have been drafted? Juilo is definitely #1 but where do ppl rank him among the rest? Personally I have him just slightly below Cooper and above Ridley. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

And the thing is, he wasn't force-fed targets like alot of guys. He got his within the structure of the offense. He wasnt 'the guy' per say, who was schemed-up to get the ball in his hands like alike of programs do with their top wideout.

Question for thread...where would you rank Jeudy among the recent Bama WRs that have been drafted? Juilo is definitely #1 but where do ppl rank him among the rest? Personally I have him just slightly below Cooper and above Ridley. 

+1

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Same with regards to rankings. 

Cooper always had some issues with his hands, but his frame was better filled out and I had less concerns about him withstanding the rigors of playing the position and still had good athleticism.  The weird thing about Ridley was that he kind of seemed to regress in his career. He came out and dominated faster than Jeudy did, but then tapered off. He also lacked a little bit of the big play ability that Jeudy has. 

that being said, Ridley himself isn't the worst comp ever for Jeudy, but I would have the latter just slightly above him 

• Like 1

At the end of the day it's one guys rankings. I think Simms has good points with Juedy and everyone places different values in what they look for at certain positions. The vast majority of the industry has him as at worst the second best receiver in the draft.

Regardless if Simms is right or wrong I have a lot of respect for him because he's ranking guys with what he sees with his own eyes rather just group thinking with everyone else's rankings.

I'm off Simms. It is what it is. We'll all see how it plays out....

Speaking of WRs, I know Ruggs is the hot topic of conversation right now. But I still take this guy over him. 40 time and all...

Edited by 757-NINER

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

At the end of the day it's one guys rankings. I think Simms has good points with Juedy and everyone places different values in what they look for at certain positions. The vast majority of the industry has him as at worst the second best receiver in the draft.

Regardless if Simms is right or wrong I have a lot of respect for him because he's ranking guys with what he sees with his own eyes rather just group thinking with everyone else's rankings.

It's actually the reason I have never minded Todd McShay. He still has a little more oomph when it comes to his evaluations and beliefs. All these mock guys are always so similar on their feelings on prospects, it's kind of annoying. Anyone who has the guts to put themselves out there commands at least some respect. Back in the day, McShay used to be that sort of guy. He still is in some regards (see how he felt about Daniel Jones last year lol), but I'll never forget how down he was on Derek Carr. Everyone viewed Carr as a 1/2 round guy, and I don't think McShay ever gave him higher than a 4th round grade lol. 

Guys like Kiper just sort of toe the line nowadays. Listen to Kiper / McShay and their podcast. Whenever Kiper is asked about a non first round pick, and they ask him where he will go, the answer almost always seems to be "I think he can go in the second round". Seriously. Kiper must think that there are 70 second round picks. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Exactly. Jeudy's footwork in tight spaces, the variety of release/route concepts he's mastered coming out, and his trickery (understanding of how to wrong-foot defenders, basically) are all special. The only place I see Jeudy potentially getting into trouble in Kyle's scheme is if he proves to be soft. I dunno what sort of fight Jeudy has in him, and that matters because Kyle employs misdirection as much as any coach in the league, and his scheme demands well-rounded players at every offensive position.

This is why I'm less certain than I used to be that Jeudy would be Kyle's first pick from among the three. Lamb and Ruggs are both considerably tougher, by the looks of it, and Kyle wants receivers who can throw a block. Also the YAC abilities of Lamb and Ruggs may play better in the NFL than Jeudy's as a result of their greater strength. When great college open-field runners fail in the NFL, it is often because they end up being too soft (see Pettis, Dante). This could happen to Jeudy; it will not happen to the other two.

I think Jeudy has the most potential of the three, but also the biggest bust potential. I'm fairly certain that Kyle can make excellent players out of the other two (CeeDee Lamb is a beast, and Henry Ruggs is basically a better Marquise Goodwin), whereas I think Jeudy could end up in the doghouse. I still like him, but at this point I've got Lamb as the clear #1, and I'm pretty much indifferent between Jeudy and Ruggs.

CeeDee is my top WR in this draft, too, but I do not see Jeudy as the biggest bust potential. I think Ruggs could bust easier than Jeudy. Jeudy is my #2. I'm not certain where Ruggs fits for me. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm off Simms. It is what it is. We'll all see how it plays out....

Speaking of WRs, I know Ruggs is the hot topic of conversation right now. But I still take this guy over him. 40 time and all...

I want to like Reagor but just not sure how he fits in our O. The guy doesn't block...he just gets in the way. Some of the things he did in the footage above are amazing, but Kyle does like his WRs to block and so do I.

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

I want to like Reagor but just not sure how he fits in our O. The guy doesn't block...he just gets in the way. Some of the things he did in the footage above are amazing, but Kyle does like his WRs to block and so do I.

I couldn't dock a receiver due to his blocking. Just not a big enough concern for me at all. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

CeeDee is my top WR in this draft, too, but I do not see Jeudy as the biggest bust potential. I think Ruggs could bust easier than Jeudy. Jeudy is my #2. I'm not certain where Ruggs fits for me. 

Yea I like Ruggs but I think his speed is being a little over-valued. That kind of speed can definitely take a offense to another level. But is he really a top 20 talent? Is he a WR1? Like there's doubt for me that you're going to get top of the draft production out of him. I know he's more than speed guy. But when your biggest physical asset is your speed, well what are we really saying?

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1