2020 Draft Thread

Forge

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

For those who have access, Ted Nguyen, who does excellent film work, has a breakdown on the top three receivers and grades then in various areas. Well worth the read

Will check it out

forge you put your entry into annual draft game yet entries close on 17th 

• Like 1

Guys I like for us. Not really worried about what rd they might go. Antonio Gibson, Javon Leake, James Proche, Albert Okwuegbunam, Javon Kinlaw, Nick Coe, Bryce Hall, Antoine Brooks Jr and Grant Delpit. 

Edited by sherm
  • Like 1

So looks like the Lions are looking to trade out of #3 which is no surprise, but also more talk that they won't be taking Okudah. This is something I stated a few weeks ago. I just did not understand why he was the consensus pick to the Lions. I'd bet if they stay at #3, the more likely pick will be one of the stud tackles. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like the Lions are looking to trade out of #3 which is no surprise, but also more talk that they won't be taking Okudah. This is something I stated a few weeks ago. I just did not understand why he was the consensus pick to the Lions. I'd bet if they stay at #3, the more likely pick will be one of the stud tackles. 

Maybe one of the interior defensive line guys really high, maybe Isaiah Simmons, too. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Idk who this guy is but if this happens pats would have to give up a ton and probably Gilmore or something.

Yeah doubt this is real. Seems like a deal the big names would break not a random guy. If it is real yeah I don't see why Bill wouldn't include Gilmore to get it done. Lol he just let Tom go. 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Idk who this guy is but if this happens pats would have to give up a ton and probably Gilmore or something.

Yeah, I just can't see that happening at all. Especially since the Pats don't have a second this year. It would have to include players as you said. 

Honestly, the Pats do become interesting around our pick. If Tua gets skipped by Miami and the Chargers in the top 10, which I think may likely happen, the Pats could offer this year's + next year's #1 to us to move into 13, and that's a trade I make every time. BB has a good relationship with us, a good relationship with Saban, etc. At least the cost of that type of move isn't completely prohibitive. 

I will say that if that did come to fruition, the guy I think would likely be on the move to Detroit to make up some of that value would have to be Thuney...which would make that offensive line even worse off than they are right now. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will say that if that did come to fruition, the guy I think would likely be on the move to Detroit to make up some of that value would have to be Thuney...which would make that offensive line even worse off than they are right now. 

Pats have like 12 picks this year, they would pretty much lose all or most of their mid round picks. Will get their QBOTF, but man is this a trade BB will make? Honestly, they wouldn't be great this season unless Stidham is the real deal, but damn will the machine just continue rolling after this season. Well, I take back they won't be good. That defense regardless of who they lost will still be really good. So they can be solid. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pats have like 12 picks this year, they would pretty much lose all or most of their mid round picks. Will get their QBOTF, but man is this a trade BB will make? Honestly, they wouldn't be great this season unless Stidham is the real deal, but damn will the machine just continue rolling after this season. Well, I take back they won't be good. That defense regardless of who they lost will still be really good. So they can be solid. 

I don't think so. I just think that moving into the top 3 like that is too costly, particularly without a second round pick this year. 

I think there's a real good shot Tua falls out of the top 10 with the medicals, so if they like Tua and want a cost that isn't super duper prohibitive, the play should be to see if he falls out of the top 10, then give us a call at 13. That's a very easy trade. Still costly, but it's easy. Type of trade that isn't ideal for the Pats, but also isn't super rare. 

• Like 1