2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

According to King, the chiefs are willing to trade up for Ruggs if he slips some lol

Love it, I believe the fastest offenses in the league were the two SB teams last year. Ravens aren't bad themselves. The Chiefs are going to run four seams with Hill, Hardman, Ruggs and Watkins LOL.

Don't see that happening though. He's likely off the board by the 17th or 18th pick at the latest. 

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

thoughts on Jason Jones? could he play RG?

He'd be fun to have play guard if only for the length. 

If we are picking him in the early 20's, I have no problems  with the pick. 

That being said, I'm curious as to what kind of effect Covid has an offensive lineman at this point...is any offensive lineman we draft going to be impactful the the first year? That's a crazy blocking scheme to learn, add on a new position for someone like Jones and that seems like a brutal uphill climb. I feel like if we go offensive line, in the first or not, he's going to be riding the bench more often than not in year one. I just think that could be a ton to learn. 

BC Sports' Peter King reports "worst-kept secret in draft rooms around the league: GM Thomas Dimitroff wants to trade up for one of the two top corners in the draft, Jeff Okudah or C.J. Henderson."

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Browns have been actively trying to trade down

NBC Sports' Peter King reports "not sure if the Jags will do it, but I hear they’ve been talking about trading up—and I assume it’s for one of the two corners at the top of the CB market."

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Chargers coach Anthony Lynn doesn't view Tyrod Taylor as a bridge QB.

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Raiders GM Mike Mayock "loves" Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb.

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Chargers have "loved" Georgia LT Andrew Thomas "throughout the fall and winter."

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Panthers "love" Clemson LB Isaiah Simmons.

2 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

This is something I don't get. We went from all these people knowing what we were planning to do or the turmoil going on in our org and Lynch made sure that there wouldn't be any leaks when he got hired; yet every year it seems like Peter King knows what we are planning on doing. 

Ive had the same thought. Lynch said publicly that fixing the leaks was an important first step once he was hired. We have been pretty tight lipped it seems so far with the exception of King.

I am choosing to believe that we aren't so dumb as to tip our hand to the same reporter three years in a row. I know the relationship is obviously there with someone, I am not sure if that's lynch or someone else that King is friendly with. I am really hoping that whoever this person was realizes that they gave King enough inside info the last two years and that they need to pump the breaks by giving him some false information. 

With that being said, predicting us to trade down this year doesn't mean he has any inside info. Of course we want to trade down from one or both spots. 

King said a few days ago that we were targeting interior DL. I like Kinlaw - that is who king essentially said we are targeting. I do think he would be a very good part of our DL rotation for a long time here, dude is a monster that just needs refinement and will benefit by not being the sole focus of the OL like he was at SC. So, I would be happy with that pick but if that's the move at 13 then I will be a tad disappointed that King was spot on a again. Other media members might call drafting kinlaw 'obvious' but I wouldn't say that necessarily. I do think he has legit all pro upside at 3tech 

3 hours ago, JIllg said:

I mean, he was kind of a mediocre run blocker in college, but a dominant pass blocker. He did that by out athleteting the competition and still needs a lot of work on maintaining balance and getting his kicks more regular, but if you are taking him, it’s for the pass pro upside. 

Meh, his footwork is choppy in pass pro. Takes some unnecessary steps with his kick. I take his PFF grades with a grain of salt. He has natural power and is really athletic so he's able to block on the move with relative ease, even though sometimes he got leaky in power man situations. For this scheme, his run blocking will be his biggest asset until he can rep out some of his technical flaws as a pass protector. He looked great@the Senior Bowl in one-on-one so he does have that going for him. But I would like to see his footwork & balanced improve as you stated. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I just cant see this being true, i can understand Goodwin (obviously), but we restructured Kwon and, unless they see Dee Ford as a continued injury liability, we would destroy our d-line. We lose Buckner and then Ford, our D-line goes from a strength to a glaring weakness.

Tartt is on his last year, but again, we dont have anyone there to step in and replace at his level.

3 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I just cant see this being true, i can understand Goodwin (obviously), but we restructured Kwon and, unless they see Dee Ford as a continued injury liability, we would destroy our d-line. We lose Buckner and then Ford, our D-line goes from a strength to a glaring weakness.

Tartt is on his last year, but again, we dont have anyone there to step in and replace at his level.

Honestly, Ward/Moore duo would be just fine. The problem? Moore would have to improve his tackling but that duo can work. Would be really good in coverage. 

3 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

This is something I don't get. We went from all these people knowing what we were planning to do or the turmoil going on in our org and Lynch made sure that there wouldn't be any leaks when he got hired; yet every year it seems like Peter King knows what we are planning on doing. 

Definitely seems like we've gotten the leaks under control...except for King. I'm guessing King knows someone in our FO, maybe even Lynch himself. King has been around forever though; he's one of the better insiders IMO, up there with Schefter and Glazer at the top. 

12 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Goodwin is obvious. I can't see Alexander being shopped...we just re-structured him. Trading him would just create another hole and give us a big cap hit

Ford/Tartt put our D on a different level last year. I guess we would be trusting of Moore to step up at SS. But who could step up as our Nickel DE? 

Isn't our cap space situation pretty good from next season and beyond? I know we haven't extended Kittle yet...but even with that factored, we should be alright from 2021 on, no?

Definitely could see DE, S, WR on our draft list...can't imagine we pick a LB high, probably a mid rounder for depth/ST's behind Alexander/Warner/Greenlaw

Fantasy time....I would not mind packaging Ford and a 2020 or 2021 1st for Joey Bosa....although that goes against our desire to save cash and accumulate draft picks