2020 Draft Thread

Forge

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, Ward/Moore duo would be just fine. The problem? Moore would have to improve his tackling but that duo can work. Would be really good in coverage. 

Im not sold on Moore, he has shown flashes, but still needs work. IF they do trade Tartt, I would expect them to be looking at the Safety position hard in the draft. 

Pretty good read from Maiocco here, the intriguing part is something I didnt take into account, the potential of no College Football next year, which really affects this draft substantially.

Trading a next year 2nd or 3rd for the draft capitol this year may be wise because we at least have a recent college to judge these players.

Just found it interesting

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-draft-2020-49ers-must-avoid-making-these-mistakes-when-selecting

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Ok now some info I like. You're telling me I can have Grant Delpit at S? xD and if Dee Ford is really up for trade then we're gonna need a DE replacement. 

• Like 1

I don't mind getting rid of Ford, he just can't be relied on... If we take Chaisson with our 13th pick or after a slight trade down I'd assume Ford is on his way out but so would everyone at that point I guess. Not really a fan of getting rid of Tartt but I'm assuming thats a cap savings thing. And I just don't buy the Alexander thing, it doesn't make any sense.

23 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I don't mind getting rid of Ford, he just can't be relied on... If we take Chaisson with our 13th pick or after a slight trade down I'd assume Ford is on his way out but so would everyone at that point I guess. Not really a fan of getting rid of Tartt but I'm assuming thats a cap savings thing. And I just don't buy the Alexander thing, it doesn't make any sense.

Honestly no interest in Chaisson. If we replace Ford it should be with someone that can play on the edge every down like Gross-Matos, Weaver or Okwara.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly no interest in Chaisson. If we replace Ford it should be with someone that can play on the edge every down like Gross-Matos, Weaver or Okwara.

Any of those 3 over Chaisson. The guy is quick and slippery but raw as technique goes. 

I would actually rather trade for Joey....wonder if that has actually been discussed in our FO? You know, in the event we get additional picks.

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Any of those 3 over Chaisson. The guy is quick and slippery but raw as technique goes. 

I would actually rather trade for Joey....wonder if that has actually been discussed in our FO? You know, in the event we get additional picks.

What the cost for Joey I can't see the chargers not asking for 2 first round picks. 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

No interest in Weaver whatsoever. Think he's a definite bust at the next level.

Its more in the type of player then the actual player in that case. I like him if you can get him late 2nd or early 3rd. Don't want to spend a first on him but around 60-70 i think you can do worse.

• Like 1

Lynch also shut down recent rumors that the organization is shopping Dee Ford, Jaquiski Tartt and Kwon Alexander, noting "those are guys we love" moving forward. Goodwin is due roughly $10 million over the next two seasons, but it sounds as if he'll definitely be dealt at some point over draft weekend despite struggling with health and missing 12 out of a possible 32 games the past two years. The Niners were always candidates to select a wide receiver with the No. 13 overall pick, but this recent development only heightens that notion.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:42 PM ET

Was a silly and disturbing rumor; we'd look like real schmucks to trade off Ford or Alexander. Losing Tartt or any of the three would be a message to players and fans that we are essentially punting on this season instead of competing for the SB. 

They can trade Goodwin; that makes sense. They don't seem to think much of Goodwin or Pettis in the first place, and Hurd may turn into our WR cheaper version of McKinnon. None would be seeing much time with Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb on the field anyway. 
  •  
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Per Rob Lowder: "John Lynch said offensive tackle is one of the options at pick No.13, but the focus is on finding a player that can step in and make a difference right away"

.....take that for what it's worth

I look at Wills and see an OL that looks more polished than Wirfs. Both look like they would be good options at RG.. even RT, if we didn't have McG there. I'd cringe at either as instant LT starters for a while. I get the feeling both plus Thomas will be gone by 13, and I don't think they'd gamble so richly for Becton there. 

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I look at Wills and see an OL that looks more polished than Wirfs. Both look like they would be good options at RG.. even RT, if we didn't have McG there. I'd cringe at either as instant LT starters for a while. I get the feeling both plus Thomas will be gone by 13, and I don't think they'd gamble so richly for Becton there. 

Probably true, but I could see them eyeing Becton for RG for the time being. I am wary of his weight because a guy that tall with that much weight could have knee or back issues pending. But, he is an absolute mover when blocking. 

I completely understand why the team already cut Person. He was a HUGE liability in the SB. He chose the wrong game to truly suck. What if they think they can plug in Becton and mow people over? *shrug*

58 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What if they think they can plug in Becton and mow people over? *shrug*

Maybe. I just doubt that they want to go this route. Gun to head, I don't believe we are even strongly considering an OL on day 1, but more so at pick 13. I can see OL, if they love someone at 31.. or more likely, in a trade back for a day 2 pick. 

Chris Jones is ridiculous, and while Person struggled greatly, this is going to happen again regardless. I doubt some rookie would stand strong alone versus Jones in the next SB, even if Wirfs, Wills, etc. 

I'm happy to be wrong because I love protecting the Jimmy.. but we will see soon enough. If there was ever a draft to skip WR inside the 15 and wait till 31 or day 2, this may be the one. I don't think I'll be happy if we wait beyond rd 2 for one. 

• Like 2