2020 Draft Thread

Forge

40 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Broncos want Jeudy apparently. If all the rumors are true Jets - Ruggs Eagles - Lamb we may be drafting O-Line at 13.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887464-jerry-jeudy-rumors-broncos-could-trade-up-for-alabama-wr-in-2020-nfl-draft

Eagles have also spoken to Mims a lot apparently, so I would assume if they can’t find anyone to trade with they will stay put and take Mims. 

• Like 1

Just now, StevenK said:

Eagles have also spoken to Mims a lot apparently, so I would assume if they can’t find anyone to trade with they will stay put and take Mims. 

You’re right, I’ve read that as well. I hope we don’t miss out on the top three receivers, but if we do my next receiver target will definitely be Higgins at the end of round 1.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

You’re right, I’ve read that as well. I hope we don’t miss out on the top three receivers, but if we do my next receiver target will definitely be Higgins at the end of round 1.

Definitely agree with Higgins. His catch radius is what I like the most. 

I also wonder if Deebo has spoken to Lynch about Kinlaw in any capacity due to the lack of communication or follow ups you can have with a player. 

14 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Definitely agree with Higgins. His catch radius is what I like the most. 

I also wonder if Deebo has spoken to Lynch about Kinlaw in any capacity due to the lack of communication or follow ups you can have with a player. 

I would think he pick his brain more about Bryan Edwards. How the 2 of them work together on the field and compliment each other gms. 

23 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I also wonder if Deebo has spoken to Lynch about Kinlaw in any capacity due to the lack of communication or follow ups you can have with a player

I bet they have. 

I also really like Dowdle (another south Carolina product) in the 7th/UDFA. He isn't a perfect scheme fit necessarily, but he is a good running back. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

Peter King has the Niners trading down twice, picking up a 2021st rounder from New England and 51st and 82nd from the Cowboys while selecting Josh Jones at 23. Also says the Pats trading up to 13 for Tua is simply a guess.

Not sure I can see that. Also not a fan of the first trade in particular. 

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

Peter King has the Niners trading down twice, picking up a 2021st rounder from New England and 51st and 82nd from the Cowboys while selecting Josh Jones at 23. Also says the Pats trading up to 13 for Tua is simply a guess.

Not sure I can see that. Also not a fan of the first trade in particular. 

No coincidence King had Niners trading down twice. Would not be happy trading down with Jeudy still on the board though. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Josh Jones*

Yea. He's been steadily climbing up big boards after the Senior Bowl. He needs work as far as pass pro but I wouldn't be too upset with him if he was kur pick later in the 1st round. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea. He's been steadily climbing up big boards after the Senior Bowl. He needs work as far as pass pro but I wouldn't be too upset with him if he was kur pick later in the 1st round. 

I mean, he was kind of a mediocre run blocker in college, but a dominant pass blocker. He did that by out athleteting the competition and still needs a lot of work on maintaining balance and getting his kicks more regular, but if you are taking him, it’s for the pass pro upside. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No coincidence King had Niners trading down twice. Would not be happy trading down with Jeudy still on the board though. 

I'm not too well versed on any of the individual prospects. But isn't the WR class supposed to be deep this year? If so, i can get behind trading down multiple times to accumulate picks, get a (potential) future starter at LT, and try to add starters/depth at WR/CB/DT in the 2nd-3rd rounds. 

Peter King is pretty plugged in with our FO too...definitely could see a similar scenario playing out. 

39 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm not too well versed on any of the individual prospects. But isn't the WR class supposed to be deep this year? If so, i can get behind trading down multiple times to accumulate picks, get a (potential) future starter at LT, and try to add starters/depth at WR/CB/DT in the 2nd-3rd rounds. 

Peter King is pretty plugged in with our FO too...definitely could see a similar scenario playing out. 

This is something I don't get. We went from all these people knowing what we were planning to do or the turmoil going on in our org and Lynch made sure that there wouldn't be any leaks when he got hired; yet every year it seems like Peter King knows what we are planning on doing. 

• Like 1