2020 Draft Thread

Forge

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Really would, but see three QBs, four tackles, Simmons and Okudah gone in the top 11.

There's some take that each Miami and chargers will bypass quarterback in the top ten. Really hoping it is just crap

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's some take that each Miami and chargers will bypass quarterback in the top ten. Really hoping it is just crap

I need to see it to believe it. Either a team trades up to get a QB in the top 11, or the Dolphins/Chargers each take a QB. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It is really, really going to suck if only one QB goes in the top 12.

Meh that means pick 31 will be for sale with teams looking to land a QB with the 5th yr option. Either way we will benefit from the QB run in the 1st rd...no matter which pick it is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sherm said:

Meh that means pick 31 will be for sale with teams looking to land a QB with the 5th yr option. Either way we will benefit from the QB run in the 1st rd...no matter which pick it is. 

Pick 31 is going to be sold anyway. No QBs in the top 12 has no impact on that imo.

My issue is with the players it could leave us at 13. Burrow, 4 tackles, Okudah, Henderson, all three receivers, kinlaw and Brown could all be gone. It empties the clip at the tier I want... And truthfully, I don't even want kinlaw and Brown. They are just there because of the talent I'd be okay with. 

There'd be no value at 13 if that's how the run goes. Thankfully, I'm sure someone will make a weird choice ahead of us if it did happen. Also, there is still the chance it doesn't, of course

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pick 31 is going to be sold anyway. No QBs in the top 12 has no impact on that imo.

My issue is with the players it could leave us at 13. Burrow, 4 tackles, Okudah, Henderson, all three receivers, kinlaw and Brown could all be gone. It empties the clip at the tier I want... And truthfully, I don't even want kinlaw and Brown. They are just there because of the talent I'd be okay with. 

There'd be no value at 13 if that's how the run goes. Thankfully, I'm sure someone will make a weird choice ahead of us if it did happen. Also, there is still the chance it doesn't, of course

I've always wanted to trade down from 13 and this would be the perfect scenario. If both Tua and Herbert (or at least one of them) is available at #13 I've no doubt that we could get a decent trade haul. Would be funny if we got a 2nd, 3rd and future 1st off the Colts for #13!!

3 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

I've always wanted to trade down from 13 and this would be the perfect scenario. If both Tua and Herbert (or at least one of them) is available at #13 I've no doubt that we could get a decent trade haul. Would be funny if we got a 2nd, 3rd and future 1st off the Colts for #13!!

I have no interest in moving down from 13 unless the board breaks that badly, so it's kind of funny you say that.  31 I'm good with. But top 13 is valuable for me given the way I view the prospect tiers and the value of moving down isn't there. Trading down is not a preferred scenario for me... That means crap went bad lol 

If Miami traded up from 18, for example, a 3 and 4 would be gouging them if we really push and get value from the qb. The actual value in trade is closer to getting 18, 70, and 185 for 13 and 210. It's not really a haul at all (that's an unfortunate rhyme). 

Meanwhile, we could instead just trade down from 31 to 41 and get a third round pick #97 for our trouble. The difference in prospect between 31 and 41 is super lean (honestly, the guy you are taking at 31 could still be there at 41). Not really significant drop in talent pool, still acquire a third. 

Your trade I would do. And I would do the pats first and future first if those are offers on the table. Not sure if they would be. If they are, I'm all in with you though lol

• Like 1

Agreed. I think someone of value will be at 13 for us, so I definitely don’t think we will trade down. Going into next week is always exciting leading up to the draft! More rumors come out and this draft will be interesting just due to the circumstances of the pandemic, hopefully this will be the last of its kind. Like others have mentioned this hurts prospects that had injuries this year and can’t be re-evaluated or screened. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevenK said:

Agreed. I think someone of value will be at 13 for us, so I definitely don’t think we will trade down. Going into next week is always exciting leading up to the draft! More rumors come out and this draft will be interesting just due to the circumstances of the pandemic, hopefully this will be the last of its kind. Like others have mentioned this hurts prospects that had injuries this year and can’t be re-evaluated or screened. 

Key words to focus on are OF VALUE and then FOR US. :P 

It could be that the F/O has only a handful or so of prospects that they really covet at 13. We, the fans may love all 4 OL options, two CBs, the trio of WRs.. even an IDL.. at 13... and that's 10 options right there. Add in a couple QBs for other teams prior to us (which seems highly likely) and we are then OTC. 

Chances are better that the F/O really love 2 OL... 1 CB... 2 WRs.. maybe 1 IDL... and that's it. All of those 6 gone? then they may be eager AF to trade back from 13. 

This is going to be a fascinating first day of draft all around. There are only eight realistic options at #13 that I'm viewing as an ideal homerun, though granted, I have no delusions of my draft research this year being close to thorough. 

Edited by oldman9er
  • Like 4

I know this makes no sense but looking at Lynch 3 drafts all his 1st rd picks have been all-american players their final yr. Only exception was Bosa and he would have been had he finished the season. Also all were multi yr starters. Obviously there's no lock it will happen again. Just something I noticed. This yrs name of players that fit that mold. 

Andrew Thomas, Ceedee Lamb, Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, Jedrick Wills Jr, Tristan Wirfs, Michael Pittman, AJ Epenesa, Curtis Weaver, Jordan Elliott, Jaylon Johnson, Brandon Aiyuk and Matt Hennessy. 

Left out Young, Simmons and Okudah.

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Broncos want Jeudy apparently. If all the rumors are true Jets - Ruggs Eagles - Lamb we may be drafting O-Line at 13.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2887464-jerry-jeudy-rumors-broncos-could-trade-up-for-alabama-wr-in-2020-nfl-draft

Woody said jeudy, Ben says Ruggs. To me, Ruggs makes more sense, but I understand either. 

Bottom line to me is that I will expect them to be able to get ahead of us somewhat easily, especially if Cleveland likes Cleveland as much as suggested.

Denver has extra picks from the Manny trade, and the cost of getting from 15 to 10 is pretty low- probably a 3 + 5. Maybe a 3+4 if something comes back. Easy trade for them. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Woody said jeudy, Ben says Ruggs. To me, Ruggs makes more sense, but I understand either. 

Bottom line to me is that I will expect them to be able to get ahead of us somewhat easily, especially if Cleveland likes Cleveland as much as suggested.

Denver has extra picks from the Manny trade, and the cost of getting from 15 to 10 is pretty low- probably a 3 + 5. Maybe a 3+4 if something comes back. Easy trade for them. 

You had me really confused there for a minute.