2020 Draft Thread

Forge

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/4/17/21225086/alabama-dt-raekwon-davis-says-the-49ers-have-been-showing-the-most-interest-in-him

Alabama’s defensive tackle Raekwon Davis told Pro Football Talk he’s been in contact with five teams the most and listed the San Francisco 49ers first.

Maybe Davis really is the target. I just hope he's the target in the middle to late 2nd or early 3rd. Not #31.

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/4/17/21225086/alabama-dt-raekwon-davis-says-the-49ers-have-been-showing-the-most-interest-in-him

Maybe Davis really is the target. I just hope he's the target in the middle to late 2nd or early 3rd. Not #31.

It works in line with King's report about us being desperate for a space eater. As a two down run stuffer (with mixed results on being that), I really hope we aren't looking at him in that range either. I don't even want him in the second round. 

There are also reports from Rap that the media is way off in the evaluations this year and people are telling him that everyone is going to be shocked by how the draft rolls off this year and where people go, so who knows

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

It works in line with King's report about us being desperate for a space eater. As a two down run stuffer (with mixed results on being that), I really hope we aren't looking at him in that range either. I don't even want him in the second round. 

There are also reports from Rap that the media is way off in the evaluations this year and people are telling him that everyone is going to be shocked by how the draft rolls off this year and where people go, so who knows

Makes sense. I remember Mayock saying his first rankings are usually based on his own eval where the later ones talking with scouts and gm and the buzz around the league have more of an influence. So no pro days really changes that when you don't get to spend much time talking to those guys and picking up the feeling on those days.

Edited by Justone2

Yea I always felt this draft, amid a pandemic and shorten window for teams to evaluate talent, was going to be really weird, in a interesting way. I'm sure alot of fans will be dumfounded by alot of draft day picks/moves through those 3 days.

Edited by 757-NINER

29 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think its very plausible he could be in play@31. I definitely WOULD NOT like the pick....but it wouldn't surprise me if he was the pick tbh.

Oh, I hope Raekwon is a smoke screen. The very earliest I would hope we would consider him is the 3rd (which we won't have unless we trade down). I don't believe there is all that much to get excited about with Davis. Regardless of where he is picked, he would be a 'meh' pick for me (and if it was in the 1st?! I would be apoplectic! >:( ). He seems to be a guy with good to great physical traits, but lacking in work ethic and desire.

• Like 1

I was reading an article somewhere (can't remember where now) about how teams could be ultra conservative in the draft and go with the safest prospects first, which means more talented guys with health question marks could drop into the bottom rounds. So, yay for having 2 5th's, but man I would love to have a 4th or two and 3rd 5th to scoop up some of those guys to roll the dice on.  

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, I hope Raekwon is a smoke screen. The very earliest I would hope we would consider him is the 3rd (which we won't have unless we trade down). I don't believe there is all that much to get excited about with Davis. Regardless of where he is picked, he would be a 'meh' pick for me (and if it was in the 1st?! I would be apoplectic! >:( ). He seems to be a guy with good to great physical traits, but lacking in work ethic and desire.

The latter points might be the exact reason why they had a closer look. Doesn't mean they like what they've heard.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

lol

I was just about to say this. This random bearded guy on twitter was like 'just because I haven't broken anything before doesn't mean that I am wrong about burrow' and 'come on guys, im a nice guy who had some info fall into my lap so I thought I would share' … now he posts the most ridiculous rumor with "breaking:" tags about the pats moving up 20 spots.

yeah, gtfo random twitter guy

I hate twitter

Homer alert? I don't care, but Juju Hughes is a guy we should target in the late rounds. Can play slot or FS. I know we have depth at both positions but let him compete for a spot. His tackling bugged me at times, but dude can play.

A late round WR target that I like is John Hightower. He can challenge for one of the last WR spots on the team. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Homer alert? I don't care, but Juju Hughes is a guy we should target in the late rounds. Can play slot or FS. I know we have depth at both positions but let him compete for a spot. His tackling bugged me at times, but dude can play.

L'jarius Snead is my guy for that

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Absolutely believe this. Most insider talks are face to face with a guy u know and trust. Doubt these GM/coaches want info getting leaked over phone calls/text or zoom chats. I think all the insiders are gonna be on the outside this draft season. Besides maybe a few who have decade long connections.