2020 Draft Thread

Forge

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think he's Alabama's valedictorian not sure if it's for academics. 

I was talking mostly about what the scout said because I don't think that they are necessarily wrong. The Wonderlic isn't a great look, but i don't know that it's a make or break situation either. Just another thing to throw up there against him though. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was talking mostly about what the scout said because I don't think that they are necessarily wrong. The Wonderlic isn't a great look, but i don't know that it's a make or break situation either. Just another thing to throw up there against him though. 

Which team's scout is wanting Tua to drop to their team??????

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which team's scout is wanting Tua to drop to their team??????

Honestly, I don't think its idle talk. He's small with a history of injuries, one of which is a very serious hip injury  that can't really be vetted at the current point in time. there's the problem of his tape, but i think I'm largely in the minority there. Earlier reports that he's off teams boards because of the medicals as well. The rumors from the start have been that Miami hasn't been in love with him. At this point, I will be more shocked if he goes top 10 than I would be if he goes after #15. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't think its idle talk. He's small with a history of injuries, one of which is a very serious hip injury  that can't really be vetted at the current point in time. there's the problem of his tape, but i think I'm largely in the minority there. Earlier reports that he's off teams boards because of the medicals as well. The rumors from the start have been that Miami hasn't been in love with him. At this point, I will be more shocked if he goes top 10 than I would be if he goes after #15. 

Yea he would be a tremendous talent IF he didn't have the health concerns. But guys who can't stay healthy in college don't magically become less of a health risk by being drafted. You dont get to the pros and decide ok, NOW I'm going to be healthy. Tua's going to fall imo. And I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to Day 2. Mildly surprised but I could see it happening.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sherm said:

Don't care guys smoke. Just don't understand getting caught at the combine. Don't smoke till after the combine...lol 

The smoking doesn't bother me its lack of discipline and awareness smoking before the combine which is basically the biggest job interview a draftee will ever have is what is worrisome. 

Especially for someone who is large, loves to cook and will likely have weight issues does he have the discipline to keep himself in shape once he gets paid as a top 15 pick . It would scare me off drafting him that high but that might be just me. 

Edited by Aussie9er
  • Like 2

About QBs.... I think every one of them available in this draft has their warts. Might be an unpopular take, but I don’t like a single one. Even Burrows gives me pause with only one real year of success (like Trubisky—and I liked Trubs!) and a heck of a lot of talent around him in that truly successful year. Tua is the definition of injury prone. Herbert is a big boom or bust type. 

So glad we do not need a QB. Jimmy G is good for me. :x

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 2