2020 Draft Thread

Forge

14 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Maybe. I just doubt that they want to go this route. Gun to head, I don't believe we are even strongly considering an OL on day 1, but more so at pick 13. I can see OL, if they love someone at 31.. or more likely, in a trade back for a day 2 pick. 

Chris Jones is ridiculous, and while Person struggled greatly, this is going to happen again regardless. I doubt some rookie would stand strong alone versus Jones in the next SB, even if Wirfs, Wills, etc. 

I'm happy to be wrong because I love protecting the Jimmy.. but we will see soon enough. If there was ever a draft to skip WR inside the 15 and wait till 31 or day 2, this may be the one. I don't think I'll be happy if we wait beyond rd 2 for one. 

I wouldn’t mind Higgins if he falls into the 2nd or Pittman. That’s of course if Henderson/or Okudah (if he falls) is taken with the 13th. I’m starting to warm up to Ruggs because it sounds like Jeudy and Lamb will both be gone. I think Shanny will be able to create plays to get the ball into his hand and let him utilize his speed. 

2 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Per Rob Lowder: "John Lynch said offensive tackle is one of the options at pick No.13, but the focus is on finding a player that can step in and make a difference right away"

.....take that for what it's worth

The Better Rivals podcast talked about this. Wouldn't mind it personally if the WR options aren't there. I can't see Staley playing more than another year if he does. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Was just reading through the Javon Kinlaw AMA on BR. Someone asked him who he wanted to be drafted by and he picked us. 

Seems like an obvious answer for a rookie IDL. I mean, I'd want to play along side Bosa, Ford, and Armstead. They'd make my job A LOT easier. The 49ers are now a hot destination for players, which is kind of strange to think about knowing where this team was 2 years ago.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Could this mean we are interested in Henderson or McKinney more than one of the possible receivers?  

Most us 49ers fans know about CB postion and the need after 2020. Not sure how they view Tartt and Moore long term. But with so few picks what we don't know is what the priority position is rd 1. Guess we have 3 day till we find out. 

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Seems like an obvious answer for a rookie IDL. I mean, I'd want to play along side Bosa, Ford, and Armstead. They'd make my job A LOT easier. The 49ers are now a hot destination for players, which is kind of strange to think about knowing where this team was 2 years ago.

Yep, makes a ton of sense. Generally you don’t hear players call out specific teams they want to play for prior to the draft though. Makes me kind of wonder how confident Kinlaw is that we want to bring him in. I remember Zeke saying he wanted to go to the Cowgirls and I believe Honey Badger was hoping we’d pick him up in the Harbaugh days (me too Honey Badger). Probably doesn’t mean a thing, but it is interesting he called us out specifically. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yep, makes a ton of sense. Generally you don’t hear players call out specific teams they want to play for prior to the draft though. Makes me kind of wonder how confident Kinlaw is that we want to bring him in. I remember Zeke saying he wanted to go to the Cowgirls and I believe Honey Badger was hoping we’d pick him up in the Harbaugh days (me too Honey Badger). Probably doesn’t mean a thing, but it is interesting he called us out specifically. 

I would think it would mean there have been talks, at least. 

I would hope that there would have been talks either way

honestly, I think Arizona snags him anyways. just my gut feeling

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

I would think it would mean there have been talks, at least. 

I would hope that there would have been talks either way

honestly, I think Arizona snags him anyways. just my gut feeling

After trading for Nuk I'd think they add an OL to help protect Kyler. Give him a decent OL and that offense could be dangerous. I think Jax takes either Brown or Kinlaw at 9.

11 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I kind of liken it to a bunch of WR's in the draft this year saying they want to be the next Deebo. People see success and they want to be it or be a part of it. It's a good time to be a 49ers fan.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My Final Mock:

Gave you guys:

13. WR Henry Ruggs III       A

Trade 31 to Giants for 36 and 99      A

36. IDL Marlon Davidson        B

99. IOL Damien Lewis             C-

Good with most of this. Not thinking Lewis is a good fit for our ZBS though.