2020 Draft Thread

Forge

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone's going to gamble on him somewhere in that 40-60 range IMO.  There's too much talent to pass up, even if there's risk.  I think once you get past WR1-WR4, it's pretty much a personal preference.

I think this yr if we could see every teams wr big board my guess it would be Lamb or Jeudy spliting most votes for top spot. With Ruggs taking the top spot on a few teams board. There is no consensus after the top 3. Hell there is a good chance Mims goes ahead of Jefferson come draft day. Its gonna be fun

58 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah, no thanks on Mims that high. If we don't get Jeudy or Lamb, then sign me up for Reagor at the top of the second. If Ruggs falls into the late teens or early 20's, I'd jump on that as well.

I can sign up for Reagor late 1st or early 2nd rd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I can't shake this feeling we are going to trade down from 31 to 38 and then take Raekwon Davis lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back in the 3-4 days, Raekwon might have been a cool two-gapping DE type. He’s just about useless for our defense. 3Ts without just about any pass rush juice just don’t do it. I keep hoping that this is a smoke screen, but evidence has shown that they play their cards pretty straight up when it comes to visits and talking about people.

• Like 1

MM's full mock (no trades)

13. Ruggs

31. Ezra Cleveland

156. Michael Ojemudia (like this pick)

176. Malcolm Roach

210. Josiah Deguara

217. Madre Harper (this feels weirdly Baalke-ian)

245. Darryl Williams

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't shake this feeling we are going to trade down from 31 to 38 and then take Raekwon Davis lol

If they can't get a late 2nd/early 3rd they might. Do you think they'd take him over Madubuike/Elliott?

Putting it together: Ruggs at 13 if he's there, trading down from 31 to get a 2nd and 3rd and use them to get Cleveland and Davis. I'd be fine with that.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

MM's full mock (no trades)

This used to stand for Mike Mayock, so I was really confused for a second why an active NFL GM would post a mock draft... but I caught up... Maiocco. I'm fine, thanks.

20 hours ago, Forge said:

The funny thing is that I think he's really bad about underthrowing balls when he goes deep. Kind of funny in that moment that he overthrew it. 

Having a guy with 4.2 speed makes it a lot easier to throw over the top and believe that your guy will get under it. It could be that Henry Ruggs III is just what Jimmy needs to get his deep ball on track.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sherm said:

Kinlaw at 13 ain't lookin so bad huh? xD

Hmm..it's actually a really interesting question, because I am really worried about KInlaw flat out busting hard at the next level, which is costly at pick 13. I get why he's there and all that good stuff, I've seen the flashes as well...but he doesn't sit right with me. 

So seems like the cat is out of the bag in terms of our first round target. I'm pretty much expecting a trade down if Ruggs is off the board. 

Now Schefter is saying he believes the Dolphins are higher on Tua and Love than Herbert. Actually big win for the Dolphins since they will be able to get Tua without trading up. 

Out of the realm of possibility that the Steelers go QB in the first round? 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now Schefter is saying he believes the Dolphins are higher on Tua and Love than Herbert. Actually big win for the Dolphins since they will be able to get Tua without trading up. 

But this is funny, because Peter King thinks that they are higher on Herbert. 

Miami has done an excellent job obfuscating. Credit to them. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Out of the realm of possibility that the Steelers go QB in the first round? 

I'd say it's unlikely given that they don't have a first round pick :D:D

Their first pick is pick 49, and that's a big jump to get back into the first round, particularly when their may be some concern regarding next year's draft and future picks not being super appetizing. To get from 49 to 31, they'd have to make up quite a bit of difference. they don't their own 3rd round pick, though they do have a comp pick, but the value is way off.