2020 Draft Thread

Forge

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

DJ mocked us Jefferson with Jeudy and Ruggs on the board, interesting. 

Don't like it. Jefferson is good, but the fact that I have real questions on whether he can win on the outside is problematic given how many guys we already rotate through the slot. He becomes redundant if we can't put him on the outside

I may have some concerns about Ruggs getting off press on the outside, but I don't have the same outside viability concerns overall

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't like it. Jefferson is good, but the fact that I have real questions on whether he can win on the outside is problematic given how many guys we already rotate through the slot. He becomes redundant if we can't put him on the outside

I may have some concerns about Ruggs getting off press on the outside, but I don't have the same outside viability concerns overall

Watching Jefferson’s tape reminds me a lot of KB for some reason. Not a bad thing by any means as I think Bourne is super solid outside of a concentration drop every now and again, but as you said, maybe it makes Jefferson a bit redundant.

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

Not a fan of the Higgins pick.

That was the killer for me. I don't love kinlaw pick but I understand it and have him ranked and viewed in that territory. Higgins I'm just not in on for us at all

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Watching Jefferson’s tape reminds me a lot of KB for some reason. Not a bad thing by any means as I think Bourne is super solid outside of a concentration drop every now and again, but as you said, maybe it makes Jefferson a bit redundant.

Jefferson is a more complete wr than Bourne. Bourne is the type of player that makes just enough splash plays to make u think he has a higher ceiling than he actually does. JJ reminds me of Devante Adams. Smooth wr who uses those long arms to go up and high point the ball or snag those tough catches away from his body. Not to mention he's a great route runner. He's athletic but not a combine freak...and he's fast but not a burner. He'd be a great compliment to Deebo. 

• Like 2

Just now, sherm said:

Jefferson is a more complete wr than Bourne. Bourne is the type of player that makes just enough splash plays to make u think he has a higher ceiling than he actually does. JJ reminds me of Devante Adams. Smooth wr who uses those long arms to go up and high point the ball or snag those tough catches away from his body. Not to mention he's a great route runner. He's athletic but not a combine freak...and he's fast but not a burner. He'd be a great compliment to Deebo. 

I’m not saying Bourne will have a better career than Jefferson, but to me they look very much alike on the field. LIS I think JJ has more consistent hands than KB and is far more refined coming out that Kendrick was. Maybe it’s because they are built almost exactly the same that they remind me of each other. I do think KB has pretty solid value to this team as well, he was money on third down and seemed to be our most consistent receiver in the red zone last year. 

The Huddle Report mock draft submissions have started. Of the top 20, 7 have published their final mocks.

• Hanson (EDSFootball/SI) - Ruggs, Trade.
  • Silva (Establish The Run) - Lamb, Blacklock.
  • Marino (Draft Network) - Jefferson, Trade.
  • Deptula (WCCP FM) - Ruggs, Trade.
  • Farmer (LA Times) - Kinlaw, Higgens.
  • Cromartie (CFB Metrics) - Ruggs, Aiyuk. They noted the Aiyuk pick was a hedge for selecting a WR in the first if Ruggs isn't selected. We won't pick 2 WRs.
  • Falk (SkolHole) - Kinlaw, Fulton.

While I was looking these up, I noticed Jeremiah put up his final mock, which had Jefferson (Jeudy, Ruggs, and Kinlaw all available) and Gladney.