2020 Draft Thread

Forge

Not sure if this has been posted yet. 

I mean if we get OBJ, wouldn't make sense to really invest in another high draft pick for a WR. So could be to just see what the prospect is thinking or could be that they know prospects tell their agents everything and the FO wants other teams to get wind of the rumor to throw them off. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if we get OBJ, wouldn't make sense to really invest in another high draft pick for a WR. So could be to just see what the prospect is thinking or could be that they know prospects tell their agents everything and the FO wants other teams to get wind of the rumor to throw them off. 

Pretty sure schefty said that Cleveland hadn't shopped obj at all this off-season. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Do players have to pass physicals to be traded before the pick is used? 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

You would think teams would want to do that if big picks are traded.

That being said, players get traded on draft day and I can't imagine they all have time to get physicals even in a normal situation. Did we get a physical on Bibbs when we traded for him? Feel like the NFL likely has some sort of procedure in place in a situation line that. 

5 hours ago, sherm said:

Jefferson is a more complete wr than Bourne. Bourne is the type of player that makes just enough splash plays to make u think he has a higher ceiling than he actually does. JJ reminds me of Devante Adams. Smooth wr who uses those long arms to go up and high point the ball or snag those tough catches away from his body. Not to mention he's a great route runner. He's athletic but not a combine freak...and he's fast but not a burner. He'd be a great compliment to Deebo. 

That's a great comp. I like Jefferson a lot but not at #13. We didn't trade Buckner to get Jefferson at 13. I think we did it with OT in mind but now it's pretty clear 4 go before us

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Oh yeah, I definitely think that he goes in the top 25. Amazing fit for Philly in my opinion. 

If he makes it to Philly...

Denever should run to the ph to draft him. But they'll take Ruggs over him it seems...

7 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I haven’t found an IDL prospect that I’m a huge fan that we could take outside of our first two picks. I think this would be a pretty decent mixture of adding depth with high upside developmental prospects. 

James Lynch, Benito Jones, Khalil Davis, Nick Coe and Calvin Taylor Jr. Anywhere from 3rd to 7th rd guys.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think that's why John said they would stay put at 13 if a blue chip guy falls to them. If not they see they could add that day 2 pick and get a similar ranked player a few spots back.

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

Makes me feel better. No way Kyle and John are this stupid if they really like him. If we do take him I'd be more upset that we let are pick leak than who we actually take. 

I feel like we aren't hearing a true "this is their guy" rumor this year.

2017 was Lynch's first draft, so rumors were hard to interpret because no one know anything about his draft style.

2018 was the his first time (outside of this draft) that the niners weren't picking 2nd and people started to gain some insight into Lynch's strategy. McGlinchey was named the week of the draft and it was spot on.

In 2019, everyone and their mother knew what we were doing.

2020 is similar to 2018, except Lynch and co. have done a better job of hiding their true feelings and putting a ton of mud against the wall. I think Lynch is finally starting to "play the game" instead of making it obvious who the niners will take. 

I wish it was draft time. Working today is going to be painfully slow and difficult.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Trent Brown took a physical with the Pats before we traded him. Granted they had some time as it was between day 1 and day 2, and I’m sure they had discussions before the draft regarding the trade, but it is and example.

• Like 1

Interesting. That’s the second ‘source’ that’s mentioned Dee Ford possibly being moved. Possibly it was based off of the previous rumor Lynch already shot down, but it’s something to certainly keep an eye on.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

I really like Ruggs. I'm also really worried about Ruggs lol. He hits both ends of the spectrum for me lol 

I'm usually terrified by the idea of drafting a short, speedy receiver in the 1st round, but Henry Ruggs is the exception to that rule for me. It's the hands, the insane athleticism (42" vert), and the toughness that make me think he will be good in the NFL no matter where he plays. I also think Ruggs' YAC ability is underrated somewhat because he creates extra yardage by destroying pursuit angles with his speed, which is less spectacular than the ways Lamb and Jeudy generate that yardage. I'm sure Kyle could find ways to get the ball in Ruggs' hands with a head of steam and a runway on short/intermediate routes.