2020 Draft Thread

Forge

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

There's really not much of a drop off between 31 and 41 lol. The guy you may want at 31 may still be there at 41. 

The tier I'm targeting at 13 (which even includes Kinlaw), are simply not there at 18/19 in my opinion. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sherm said:

Jefferson is a more complete wr than Bourne. Bourne is the type of player that makes just enough splash plays to make u think he has a higher ceiling than he actually does. JJ reminds me of Devante Adams. Smooth wr who uses those long arms to go up and high point the ball or snag those tough catches away from his body. Not to mention he's a great route runner. He's athletic but not a combine freak...and he's fast but not a burner. He'd be a great compliment to Deebo. 

Wouldn't at all be upset with Jefferson at 13. If to talk like everyone else in their precision value, I have him just outside of the top tier 3.. but we could do worse. Does sound like he will be a top 25 pick. Who knows.. The WRs and when they come off the board is the most fascinating part of this draft, to me. Seems every year, there is a dude or three that is dropping to rd 4-5, and we're all like wut? :/ 

Just now, oldman9er said:

Wouldn't at all be upset with Jefferson at 13. If to talk like everyone else in their precision value, I have him just outside of the top tier 3.. but we could do worse. Does sound like he will be a top 25 pick. Who knows.. The WRs and when they come off the board is the most fascinating part of this draft, to me. Seems every year, there is a dude or three that is dropping to rd 4-5, and we're all like wut? :/ 

Oh yeah, I definitely think that he goes in the top 25. Amazing fit for Philly in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, oldman9er said:

don't understand the question, tbh... :/ .. 

For example...

If we took Ruggs / Jeudy / Lamb, that's an A / B / C / D? 

What if we took Kinlaw? Or Henderson? Or one of the tackles? 

What would you grade the pick at 31 if it's Blacklock? Or Mims (Obviously assuming 13 is not a receiver :D:D )? Or Gladney? 

Just now, Forge said:

For example...

If we took Ruggs / Jeudy / Lamb, that's an A / B / C / D? 

What if we took Kinlaw? Or Henderson? Or one of the tackles? 

What would you grade the pick at 31 if it's Blacklock? Or Mims (Obviously assuming 13 is not a receiver :D:D )? Or Gladney? 

ah, of course. Need to sleep; I'm more dumber than usual tonight.

I would give an A for any of Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb at 13.

Kinlaw gets a C, same for Brown, really. Just don't like the value of either at 13.

Henderson at 13 gets a B, and same grade for the 3 mentioned at 31.

( also depends on who we pass on ) 

Completely open minded that I can be very wrong on any of them. :P 

• Like 2

Just for kicks I put together what my ideal draft would look like coming out of this weekend: 

1-13: CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma 

1-31: Traded to LAC for 37 & 112

2-37: Josh Jones OT Houston 

4-112: Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan

5-156: Jacob Phillips LB LSU

5-176: Jonathan Garvin EDGE Miami

6-210: Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

7-217: Levonta Taylor DB FSU

7-245: Kenny Robinson DB

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Just for kicks I put together what my ideal draft would look like coming out of this weekend: 

No IDL help?

For me,  A grade at 13 is if we trade down and pick up a future first. Like Tua dropping to 13 and the Pats moving up and giving us 23 and next year's one. That's a definite A for me. Secondarily, not really sure how it would work, but if they offered something like 23, Thuney, #98 and #125 for #13, that's like an A-. I'm not sure how we make the money work, but there's a legit chance that we have Thuney last year, we win the super bowl. Chris Jones just destroyed us, and that may not have happened with Thuney in there. This values Thuney as a late 2 / early 3, which I think is reasonable. 

Small trade from 13 to 15 for 95 with at least 2 of our guys on the board, B+. 

Other than that, it would take an Okudah or something dropping to us for me to give an A lol. 

Receivers are a B+. They aren't an A because frankly, while they are the best in this class, I don't know that they end up any better than the guys that go after them. This is a great draft to money ball the hell out of this position (which is supported by previous drafts), but they may legit be the best players available here. 

The tackles are B+'s with the exception of Becton who is a C for me (yeah, I get the upside, but I don't love the size like a lot of people do, and given how this regime felt about Trent Brown...I dunno...don't think it's a great fit). 

Derrick Brown is a B-, Kinlaw a C. Both are worthy of the 13th pick for sure, but I don't think it's huge need, adn honestly, I'd prefer drafting more of a traditional UT.  Kinlaw has some injuries that bug me with regards to future happenings (IE, I feel they could be persistent). 

Henderson is one I have really come around on as of late, especially if we can tie his selection with a trade of Spoon for a similar type player (draft henderson, trade Spoon for Engram or Howard or someone like that, and I'm kind of digging it). Definite B+ for me. Only minor knock is that I actually really love the second (third if you want to put Okudah in his own) tier guys like Johnson, Terrell and even Fulton (showed up big against big competition). 

Trade down from 13 to 18/19 for a 3 & 5 or 3 & 4? Meh. C for me. I just don't have a lot of interest in these type of trades. If we are moving down from 13, I want a 2. This means that I'm looking at trading with someone like Philly, where I can trade 13 + a fifth for their first + second. That's the type of trade that makes a lot of sense to me. If I'm moving out of my player tier, I want to be compensated satisfactorily. 

Herbert / Tua / Love? YOLO YOLO YOLO!!!! I have no idea what the hell just happened but let's see where it leads! 

PICK 31: 

Any trade from 31 down about 10 spots to pick up a late third + maybe a sweetener is an automatic A for me. At this point, that's where I'm evening out our draft class, and doing it without losing a ton of value. 

Really hard to hate any of the picks here, to be honest. Blacklock is definitely high on the list, Ruiz as well. Both would generate A grades from me. Johnson, Terrell, Fulton are all A's for me as well. 

Mims is a solid B+ at this point, as is Raegor. Shenault is probably a C-....just too early for me. Tee Higgins is a C as I just think it's a bad fit. 

Any running back is a D. I've stated my case on this in the past. 

Ezra Cleveland is a B. I have comped him to Brian O'Neil and Kolton Miller before, and part of the reason why is that I think he's a disaster year one. He needs at least a year to cook, so this is a no impact selection for me immediately. Same for Austin Jackson, though I will give him a slightly lower grade at a B- just because I have some further concerns given the youth. Neither can likely play guard in the meantime (Jackson in particular should be not playing guard). 

McKinney is a B I think he's one of the few at this point that would actually take over for Tartt; I love Winfield, but I would not want him playing most of his snaps closer to the LOS. That would be a ward replacement. 

Raekwon Davis is a DEAR GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING, BAALKE??? grade. Epenesa / YGM are unlikely to be there, but if they are, this is closer to a B- for me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Don't love the double dip on the receivers in 2 out of the first three picks. That fourth round pick should have some nice value. Secondarily, I'm honestly confused by a lot of the love I have seen for Thaddeus Moss. It's a 6th round pick, so whatever, but he seems to be really well liked as a late round tight end prospect, and I really don't even see that.

Side note...someone brought this up in the draft forum, and it caught my attention and I've been thinking about it. Has Harbaugh developed any real NFL talent at Michigan? He's had guys chosen, but how many of them have been working out? Can anyone think of any? Chase Winovich is pretty much it? The lack of NFL talent coming from Michigan since he took over is a bit on the weird side, right? Given how many blue chippers they get there? That's not Boise, that Michigan. Like, Peoples-Jones was a 5 star recruit and had the most underwhelming college career possible lol. Seems to happen a lot there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, struby3 said:

No IDL help?

I haven’t found an IDL prospect that I’m a huge fan that we could take outside of our first two picks. I think this would be a pretty decent mixture of adding depth with high upside developmental prospects. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't love the double dip on the receivers in 2 out of the first three picks. That fourth round pick should have some nice value. Secondarily, I'm honestly confused by a lot of the love I have seen for Thaddeus Moss. It's a 6th round pick, so whatever, but he seems to be really well liked as a late round tight end prospect, and I really don't even see that.

Side note...someone brought this up in the draft forum, and it caught my attention and I've been thinking about it. Has Harbaugh developed any real NFL talent at Michigan? He's had guys chosen, but how many of them have been working out? Can anyone think of any? Chase Winovich is pretty much it? The lack of NFL talent coming from Michigan since he took over is a bit on the weird side, right? Given how many blue chippers they get there? That's not Boise, that Michigan. Like, Peoples-Jones was a 5 star recruit and had the most underwhelming college career possible lol. Seems to happen a lot there. 

I mean I think people see the name Moss and go crazy. He also had a pretty good post season this year. I’ve seen him going in the third and fourth round of mocks, which I think is a bit crazy, but he does have some good traits. He’s not a great athlete, but he’s got good hands and is a willing blocker. As far as double dipping on the receiver spot, I don’t think it’s crazy to think we would make a move like that with all the uncertainty at that spot for us; Goodwin is as good as gone, we done know what Pettis is, and Hurd & Taylor have an injury history and are both coming back from significant injuries. That’s a pretty good point about Harbaugh but not surprising really; Harbaugh didn’t really develop much for players here. His whole deal was motivation. Depending on how you look at that it could be a good thing. The players out of Michigan haven’t really been coached up so they should have untapped potential right? 

Edited by Gore Whore 21

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

The players out of Michigan haven’t really been coached up so they should have untapped potential right? 

It's the unanswerable question, right? How many times have we heard that about Alabama? that Saban basically gets every ounce from them in school so they are capped on upside because they are coming to the league pro ready? You have to assume that at some point, some of these Michigan guys are going to blow up at the NFL level. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's the unanswerable question, right? How many times have we heard that about Alabama? that Saban basically gets every ounce from them in school so they are capped on upside because they are coming to the league pro ready? You have to assume that at some point, some of these Michigan guys are going to blow up at the NFL level. 

Yeah absolutely. Obviously we don’t know what factors have prevented these guys from playing up to their potential. Is it the the player and his work ethic or is it the situation he was put into? There is only one way to find out. I do know that DPJ has the traits to be a good player.