2020 Draft Thread

Forge

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

But this is funny, because Peter King thinks that they are higher on Herbert. 

Miami has done an excellent job obfuscating. Credit to them. 

Indeed they have.

Just now, Forge said:

I'd say it's unlikely given that they don't have a first round pick :D:D

Their first pick is pick 49, and that's a big jump to get back into the first round, particularly when their may be some concern regarding next year's draft and future picks not being super appetizing. To get from 49 to 31, they'd have to make up quite a bit of difference. they don't their own 3rd round pick, though they do have a comp pick, but the value is way off. 

Ah, totally missed that. I'm trying to look at teams in the draft that will go QB in the first round. Only possibilities I see right now are Cincy, Miami, LAC, LVR......and GB? And if the Chargers go OT, then down to four teams...And one is a HUGE if in the Packers and the Raiders may be fine with Carr/Mariota. But I still believe four QBs go in the first round...Oh yeah, NE! They are certainly a candidate to take a QB, especially if Tua drops out of the top 10. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ah, totally missed that. I'm trying to look at teams in the draft that will go QB in the first round. Only possibilities I see right now are Cincy, Miami, LAC, LVR......and GB? And if the Chargers go OT, then down to four teams...And one is a HUGE if in the Packers and the Raiders may be fine with Carr/Mariota. But I still believe four QBs go in the first round...Oh yeah, NE! They are certainly a candidate to take a QB, especially if Tua drops out of the top 10. 

I mentioned it in the draft thread, but New Orleans has to consider it if someone like Tua / Herbert is there. They just have to. They have no money to sign a real back up (5 million in space, which should all go to their draft class, and they are in worse shape next season, depending on the cap). They can't have Hill be the actual full time back up quarterback and run in him in the manner that they want to run him with all those packages. They are a special case where more so than anyone else in the league, they need to have 3 quarterbacks. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mentioned it in the draft thread, but New Orleans has to consider it if someone like Tua / Herbert is there. They just have to. They have no money to sign a real back up (5 million in space, which should all go to their draft class, and they are in worse shape next season, depending on the cap). They can't have Hill be the actual full time back up quarterback and run in him in the manner that they want to run him with all those packages. They are a special case where more so than anyone else in the league, they need to have 3 quarterbacks. 

NO makes sense but I really do think they at least plan on giving Hill a shot by constructing an offense around his skill set. That's a huge risk but he will at least get a shot at it...BUT, if Tua is there, I don't know how they can pass that up either. Perfect replacement for Brees. 

The more I watch Justin Jefferson, the more I think he should be up there with Lamb, Ruggs, Lamb. This guy WILL be a darn good #1 WR, I would be very happy if we traded back into the 17-21 range and selected him and then traded back from #31. Gain more draft capital, snag a top WR, and be able to address 2-3 other positions of need early in the draft, this would be best case scenario IMO.

Edited by P_locniners

12 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

The more I watch Justin Jefferson, the more I think he should be up there with Lamb, Ruggs, Lamb. This guy WILL be a darn good #1 WR, I would be very happy if we traded back into the 17-21 range and selected him and then traded back from #31. Gain more draft capital, snag a top WR, and be able to address 2-3 other positions of need early in the draft, this would be best case scenario IMO.

If you want a replacement for Sanders who has similarities than Jefferson is that guy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you want a replacement for Sanders who has similarities than Jefferson is that guy. 

Agreed, I just dont see that big of a drop off, if any, when it comes to the 'top 3' and Jefferson. Those guys are all different types of WR's and it kinds depends on the flavor you want, I think Jefferson is the same....just a different flavor. I can see the drop off from the top 4 to say, Higgins, Mims, Aiyuk, etc.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If true, oh.........

Chargers are going to end up with Tua aren't they?

The reports are that they want a tackle first and foremost, which they should still be able to secure at #6 even if Miami jumps ahead of the Giants. 

I can't shake this feeling that the Chargers want to go Tackle, then trade back into the first for Jordan Love (they have been rumored to like him since the senior bowl) or Jalen Hurts in round 3 or something. 

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If true, oh.........

Chargers are going to end up with Tua aren't they?

This makes no sense...

If you stay pat, they're going to get one of the top 2 OTs in the draft.  And even so, there's not that much difference between Wirfs, Willis, Becton, and Thomas. Definitely not enough to fork over mutiple picks to move up a couple of spots....a smokescreen at its finest. Everyone and their mother knows Miami needs a QB. Now IF they go out a sign a guy like Cam, which I've said they really should do, even if they do draft a QB relatively high, going OT makes sense. I'll believe it when i see it....

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

This makes no sense...

If you stay pat, they're going to get one of the top 2 OTs in the draft.  And even so, there's not that much difference between Wirfs, Willis, Becton, and Thomas. Definitely not enough to fork over mutiple picks to move up a couple of spots....a smokescreen at its finest. Everyone and their mother knows Miami needs a QB. Now IF they go out a sign a guy like Cam, which I've said they really should do, even if they do draft a QB relatively high, going OT makes sense. I'll believe it when i see it....

This varies for a lot of people though. People definitely have big preferences. I've seen some people not like Thomas at all. Becton is all upside. Wirfs may be a guard when all is said and done, etc. For some people, there is a large difference there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

This varies for a lot of people though. People definitely have big preferences. I've seen some people not like Thomas at all. Becton is all upside. Wirfs may be a guard when all is said and done, etc. For some people, there is a large difference there. 

I get that. Everyone evals different depending on what you're looking for. We all have guys we prefer. But to move up two spots? Detroit is not taking a OT. Giants definitely could. I just don't think the gap in talent is significant enough to give up picks. Especially for a team in full rebuild with multiple holes on your roster. Take the best O-Lineman on the board when you're pick comes up if that is the case.