2020 Draft Thread

Forge

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really like Ruggs. I'm also really worried about Ruggs lol. He hits both ends of the spectrum for me lol 

I'd be worried a bit over ANY prospect drafted early on. We really need to hit it well. 

As for Ruggs, I can't see anything he doesn't do well.. but I'll still worry if he's ours...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah, between knee and IQ concerns, Jeudy goes to #3 on the wish list at 13... and he's only there because the route agility he shows is elite. I am getting a sense that he wouldn't be mentally sharp enough to learn the system for a while.. and we are SB ready.

Wirfs concerns me more than Wills and Thomas. I don't know that he can get away with his technique issues quickly.. have doubts about him as a LT.. and we have our RT who probably would suck arse at LT (from what I've been seeing). So we may be drafting a RG at 13? eh... 

Not worried at all. Ruggs has no problem tracking the deep ball, and we know he can get under them with those trusty 10" mitts.

I like that he doesn't have more tantalizing plays/numbers. He gets knocked for smaller # of playing opportunities (behind fellow 1st rounders)., but this is what makes him potentially within our reach at 13. 

I was actually laughing at the report of knee issues that he had as it was only the arthroscopic procedure....Which he played two seasons after that just fine. 

36 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Not sure how you could realistically hope for Young, Okudah or Simmons to drop that far but fwiw..

I figure its just a list of the 6 players that the niners FO views as bluechip, not necessarily who they expect to be there. They may think all 6 wont be there and could already have parameters of a trade down in place. 

And you sometimes never know who will fall or why....i remember in 2009, nobody expected Crabtree to fall to 10. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I figure its just a list of the 6 players that the niners FO views as bluechip, not necessarily who they expect to be there. They may think all 6 wont be there and could already have parameters of a trade down in place. 

And you sometimes never know who will fall or why....i remember in 2009, nobody expected Crabtree to fall to 10. 

Makes sense. Was just going about what Lynch said the other day about the players that could drop to 13 and would make them stay. So maybe just talking up their trade chances.

45 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

This could also be why Reagor's stock took a hit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/top-receivers-in-nfl-draft-jalen-reagor

Doesn't help that he had a 1.52 -10 time at his size. 

Meh, the drop rate doesn't really concern me. He had one flukey game against Baylor where he dropped like 3-4 passes. Really weird game from him. Other than that, I dont see any issues with his hands. 

Can't really explain the 40 time. Only comp I can think of is Devin Hester who ppl thought would run in the low 4.2s but ended up running only a 4.43. And Hester's 10 yard split was 1.58. But we all saw that elite breakaway speed when he got to the league. For whatever reason, some really talented athletes just dont bring it on that Combine track...idk.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Food for thought. 

Ruggs also lacks a breakout age because he never qualified. 

I don't know that I've ever quite seen a prospect with this kind of situation. 

I've already made my feelings known about Ruggs not being a WR1. If you're taking him u better understand that or else you're gonna be disappointed. He's not gonna have the free run he did at Bama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I will continue to say that I do like Ruggs. But there are concerns there...especially for a Top 15 pick.

Meanwhile, they disrespect Reagor at every turn based off a electronically timed 40. I'm just saying....

Yeah to a lesser degree Hamler. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was actually laughing at the report of knee issues that he had as it was only the arthroscopic procedure....Which he played two seasons after that just fine. 

200.gif

lol, well, I'm still worried about Jeudy's instant impact in Shanny's system.. since he's about as bright as me!

11 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

200.gif

lol, well, I'm still worried about Jeudy's instant impact in Shanny's system.. since he's about as bright as me!

Probably my favorite 49er of all time Frank Gore is dumber than a box of rocks, but his football intelligence is off the charts. Some people just know football; Jeudy seems like he’s one of those people.

• Like 1