2020 Draft Thread

Forge

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm just not a fan of a team with a top 5 pick and two additional picks in the top 30 trying to trade up. You have more than enough ammo to accomplish a helluva lot if you play this thing out right.

Pros and cons either way. 

Sometimes you take the quantity approach and one team gets Julio while the other gets a bunch of picks that play a combined 14 games with the team or whatever. 

Sometimes you take the quality approach and end up with Mitch Trubisky while the three picks you traded away turn into Alvin Kamara, Fred Warner, and Tedric Thompson (or Eddie Jackson; the Bears drafted him anyway, but they had to trade up to do so one pick behind the one they gave the 49ers, thus giving away more assets)

Personally? I'm kind of with you and I'd rather just take my shots with the picks if they are going to be first / second rounders. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Pros and cons either way. 

Sometimes you take the quantity approach and one team gets Julio while the other gets a bunch of picks that play a combined 14 games with the team or whatever. 

Sometimes you take the quality approach and end up with Mitch Trubisky while the three picks you traded away turn into Alvin Kamara, Fred Warner, and Tedric Thompson (or Eddie Jackson; the Bears drafted him anyway, but they had to trade up to do so one pick behind the one they gave the 49ers, thus giving away more assets)

Personally? I'm kind of with you and I'd rather just take my shots with the picks if they are going to be first / second rounders. 

Very true....its a crapshoot either way.

But I'd much rather take multiple shots@top 32 talent than one. That's just me though.

Okay, I may be look to be an idiot when it is all said and done, but a top consensus player that ends up dropping is going to be Wirfs. Thomas, Willis and Becton go in the top 10 and he will be on the outside looking in…. IF he some how ends up making it to #13……… 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Food for thought. 

Ruggs also lacks a breakout age because he never qualified. 

I don't know that I've ever quite seen a prospect with this kind of situation. 

I will continue to say that I do like Ruggs. But there are concerns there...especially for a Top 15 pick.

Meanwhile, they disrespect Reagor at every turn based off a electronically timed 40. I'm just saying....

Edited by 757-NINER

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I will continue to say that I doI like Ruggs. But there are concerns there... 

Meanwhile they disrespect Reagor at every turn based off a electronically timed 40. I'm just saying....

#DayOneTeamReagor here.

Would love to get him and been high on him from the start of the process. He has some things to clean up but has a lot of good physical ability and he will be another YAC monster in this offense. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I will continue to say that I do like Ruggs. But there are concerns there...especially for a Top 15 pick.

Meanwhile, they disrespect Reagor at every turn based off a electronically timed 40. I'm just saying....

I'd be perfectly fine with Reagor if we traded down from 31 to nab him, though I don't think that the two of them are 1:1 comparison at the next level. I just don't see them as the same player moving forward. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be perfectly fine with Reagor if we traded down from 31 to nab him, though I don't think that the two of them are 1:1 comparison at the next level. I just don't see them as the same player moving forward. 

Assuming we didn't take a receiver at 13, if we traded down into the second, I would be surprised if it wasn't Reagor. Screams Shanny as much as any player in this draft. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh I don't either. It's just funny to me that Reagor was the talk of the pundits pre-Combine and then he doesn't run as fast as most expected and he falls off a cliff. Meanwhile Ruggs runs as advertised and he's now the buzz around Big Boards everywhere, post-Combine. All I'm saying is watch the tape and its a easy choice imo...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Food for thought. 

Kinda doesn't feel like a Top 15 pick.

The more I think about it, the top OL gone, Henderson most likely too, with maybe Ruggs and Kinlaw as the primary option at 13, I'm warming up to the idea of trading down.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So THIS was the potential red flags for his knee that were coming out yesterday? Terrible. 

Yeah, between knee and IQ concerns, Jeudy goes to #3 on the wish list at 13... and he's only there because the route agility he shows is elite. I am getting a sense that he wouldn't be mentally sharp enough to learn the system for a while.. and we are SB ready.

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, I may be look to be an idiot when it is all said and done, but a top consensus player that ends up dropping is going to be Wirfs. Thomas, Willis and Becton go in the top 10 and he will be on the outside looking in…. IF he some how ends up making it to #13……… 

Wirfs concerns me more than Wills and Thomas. I don't know that he can get away with his technique issues quickly.. have doubts about him as a LT.. and we have our RT who probably would suck arse at LT (from what I've been seeing). So we may be drafting a RG at 13? eh... 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Food for thought. 

Not worried at all. Ruggs has no problem tracking the deep ball, and we know he can get under them with those trusty 10" mitts.

I like that he doesn't have more tantalizing plays/numbers. He gets knocked for smaller # of playing opportunities (behind fellow 1st rounders)., but this is what makes him potentially within our reach at 13. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Assuming we didn't take a receiver at 13, if we traded down into the second, I would be surprised if it wasn't Reagor. Screams Shanny as much as any player in this draft. 

Reagor shouldn't even last until the 2nd though. That's what's crazy to me. Only guys that should be drafted before Reagor is Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson and maybe Mims depending on how you view him. That's it imo. But with smaller WRs who lack the height/length of a WR1, the inability to run sub 4.4 knocks you down a round. Not fair but its the truth...

8 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not worried at all. Ruggs has no problem tracking the deep ball, and we know he can get under them with those trusty 10" mitts.

I like that he doesn't have more tantalizing plays/numbers. He gets knocked for smaller # of playing opportunities (behind fellow 1st rounders)., but this is what makes him potentially within our reach at 13

I really like Ruggs. I'm also really worried about Ruggs lol. He hits both ends of the spectrum for me lol 

This could also be why Reagor's stock took a hit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/top-receivers-in-nfl-draft-jalen-reagor

It wasn’t all the quarterbacks’ fault last season. In 2018, Reagor dropped six of 137 targeted passes, according to Sports Info Solutions. In 2019, he dropped nine of 92. Of our top 32 receivers, he ranked a woeful 30th in drop rate. Players who drop passes in college tend to drop them in the NFL, too. To be sure, a receiver needs a quarterback to get him the ball. By the same token, sometimes the quarterback needs the receiver, too. From that perspective, he didn’t do enough last year. 

Doesn't help that he had a 1.52 -10 time at his size.