All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

19 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And here we are just a couple weeks later. One thing to leave camp with an injury. They played it off like the helmet wasn't a big reason or deal why he was away.

Now he's healthy and leaves the team high and dry because over it. 

Clocks ticking on this marriage..... Mayock sounded like a guy who has had enough of this BS. Reminder... we are not even into the season and this guy can't keep his name out of the headlines. 

couldnt wait to post this right? Yet,  a whole day later and hes back with the team.Yea, its annoying. But like i said, hell be ready week 1. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

couldnt wait to post this right? Yet,  a whole day later and hes back with the team.Yea, its annoying. But like i said, hell be ready week 1. 

I think Mayock just played bad cop.  Mayock and AB will hash it out behind closed doors.  I really don't think AB will be as big a distraction as others believe.  I think because this is the first time a player fought for his right to wear a helmet, it's big news.  Doesn't help that its AB, but when a player is good enough to know he has his roster spot secured, and can go out and fight for his right to wear a helmet, its going to be big news.  It would've been headlines across the country if a starting QB did it, or plenty of other top WRs or RBs.  Just happens to be AB.

I just hope this time away from camp doesn't keep him from producing at his highest level.  

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And here we are just a couple weeks later. One thing to leave camp with an injury. They played it off like the helmet wasn't a big reason or deal why he was away.

Now he's healthy and leaves the team high and dry because over it. 

Clocks ticking on this marriage..... Mayock sounded like a guy who has had enough of this BS. Reminder... we are not even into the season and this guy can't keep his name out of the headlines. 

I guess getting surgery on your feet not reason enough.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

I guess getting surgery on your feet not reason enough.

The feet thing I am over. Something bad happened, he took the time to get healthy and should be good to go now. However the helmet stuff and calling out former players is what's made me hate the guy.

I'll be a fan of his production but will never be an AB fan myself.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The feet thing I am over. Something bad happened, he took the time to get healthy and should be good to go now. However the helmet stuff and calling out former players is what's made me hate the guy.

I agree hurting your team over the helmet issue is a no no.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

huh?

So AB helmet wasn’t on the original ban list. The helmet Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers use was and they got the one year grace period. The NFL then put AB helmet on the ban list after it failed and now AB just wants that one year grace period to wear the old helmet like the other players got. 

You can see his point tbh. Him leaving the team over it is just going about things the wrong way. 

For what it's worth, AB used to post a bunch of track videos on his IG stories and that's obviously stopped since the foot injury. However just now he posted some of him running on a track again. Signs point to him being fully/nearly fully healthy physically. Mentally is a whole different animal.

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For what it's worth, AB used to post a bunch of track videos on his IG stories and that's obviously stopped since the foot injury. However just now he posted some of him running on a track again. Signs point to him being fully/nearly fully healthy physically. Mentally is a whole different animal.

Yeah, he needs to pick a damn helmet and move on.

18 hours ago, Geezy said:

Point is, he's going to be a thorn in the Raiders side consistently. Already creating a sideshow and not even playing games yet. What happens when he's not getting targets?

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Point is, he's going to be a thorn in the Raiders side consistently. Already creating a sideshow and not even playing games yet. What happens when he's not getting targets?

It’s a concern for sure but considering what the team paid for him I’m not too upset. Plus it doesn’t seem like he has a problem with any of his teammates. That’s the key and Carr isn’t like Big Ben, he won’t call him out in the press. It seems like the two actually have a pretty good relationship. Although this helmet thing must be reasolved before the season because he needs reps in the offense. 

Archived