All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Amy Trask being a voice of reason here. Media really running with this. AB top trend on twitter and the hot takes are out of control lol.

Dude is a clown though. Just get off SM and play ball man. 

Right, I saw he was top trending on twitter. Some of these blue checkmarks are saying THE MOST outlandish ****. I can't even sometime with Twitter. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Amy Trask being a voice of reason here. Media really running with this. AB top trend on twitter and the hot takes are out of control lol.

It's really not the fine that's the issue though. It's the fact he posted it to his IGS. I love the fine and it should send him and everyone else a message. Letting him come and go throughout the helmet/feet stuff was unacceptable if he didn't get it all approved by the team prior.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Huh. It pretty common sense that this is a letter teams send to most players for legal reasons. But how media running wit it. He posted it and said the team is hating on him. He made the story. This blame the media for everything, raiders fans do get so tiresome. 

42 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Raiders need to give Ab special treatment. Treat him how the lakers treat Lebron. 

Let's him try to trademark Taco Tuesday?

No NFL team should bow down like the NBA does to it's player. Despite Mark Cuban irrational ramblings. The NFL is a team game. One guy can't take you from zero to hero. Some of these NFL players are trying to get more of that treatment. Trying to force teams to trade them, etc. 

Chargers GMs comments on Gordon made me smile. Not going to cave to Gordon and is fine with him setting out, I like it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Let's him try to trademark Taco Tuesday?

No NFL team should bow down like the NBA does to it's player. Despite Mark Cuban irrational ramblings. The NFL is a team game. One guy can't take you from zero to hero. Some of these NFL players are trying to get more of that treatment. Trying to force teams to trade them, etc. 

Chargers GMs comments on Gordon made me smile. Not going to cave to Gordon and is fine with him setting out, I like it.

I completely agree. AB thinks that he’s above the team, he’s not and honestly he’s one of my least favorite players on this team. He’s talented but he shouldn’t get a pass. This is how they build the culture that they want. They want great players but there will be accountability with those players. 

Now i know this isn’t about them but i love the low profile that both Burfict and incognito had thus far. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I completely agree. AB thinks that he’s above the team, he’s not and honestly he’s one of my least favorite players on this team. He’s talented but he shouldn’t get a pass. This is how they build the culture that they want. They want great players but there will be accountability with those players. 

Now i know this isn’t about them but i love the low profile that both Burfict and incognito had thus far. 

I am fine with players having an attitude but prefer not to have it.  At the same time however he should not be showing the general public the letter or any other inner workings of the team.  I am surprised he did not get fined for that.  It is part of your contract.  Quit complaining.  I am one of the best at my place of business but if I do not show up for work unexcused I might get fired or at least suspended.   Give me a 3 yr $50 million contract and I will work day and night.  Give me an office and I will sleep there.  Tell my wife and kids I will see them in 3 years.  Him putting this on social media is like me complaining to some kids in a 3rd world country that my tap water tastes bad and I am out of the bottled water I like so I am not going to drink any water.  Know your audience and be happy.  You just decided to pay a fine that is greater than what the majority of your fanbase makes in a year because you did not like how your helmet fit for 2 days.  Where that uncomfortable helmet while looking for a new one and then give that $53,950 to a charity if it is not that big of a deal.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Y’all get over it when he is moving the chain and getting TDS this season. 

Just WIN baby. Then he can act however he wants his brand to reflect. I’d move on from him ASAP once the contract is team friendly after two years. As I expect a hold out with a year remaining and just cut him free and move on. WR is a need next two drafts IMO one in the 1st and one in the 3rd. 2020 or 2021

Edited by G

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Would you rather have AB or Justin Layne and Zach Gentry? 

If I got to run the draft and FA it would look a little different then just AB for Layne and Gentry.  How about Sweat instead of Jacobs, then Montgomery/Henderson instead of Layne, and Mack Wilson instead of Gentry.  I would also take Allen over Ferrell, AJ Brown over Mullen and Anthony Nelson over Crosby.  We also have $28 million in cap instead of $13.  Are the WRs better?  Not even close.  Is the Defense better? Maybe not this year but next year it should be a lot better.  We are not winning the AFC West most likely so why not build for the future.  There is a reason we got him for a 3rd and a 5th.  It has played out all off-season.  He is a distraction and it is probably going to hurt us in the long run.  Talent alone we stole him from Pitt but he is not willing to do what is best for the team outside of game day.