Daniel Jones is looking better than Haskins

Vladimir L

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who becomes the starter first?

Whichever team sucks more the fastest. So hopefully Haskins. John Mara said it best - hopefully Eli has a great year and Jones doesn’t see the field. Realistically, Jones will start first.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Whichever team sucks more the fastest. So hopefully Haskins. John Mara said it best - hopefully Eli has a great year and Jones doesn’t see the field. Realistically, Jones will start first.

I want to see Jones though. I think he'll be able to concern defenses more than Eli at this stage, and hopefully open the box up a bit of for Saquon. I'm not a NYG fan obviously, but I'm expecting and wanting HUGE things from Saquon. 

So, sorry - I hope you guys suck bad enough for us to get a proper look at DJ early :P

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I want to see Jones though. I think he'll be able to concern defenses more than Eli at this stage, and hopefully open the box up a bit of for Saquon. I'm not a NYG fan obviously, but I'm expecting and wanting HUGE things from Saquon. 

So, sorry - I hope you guys suck bad enough for us to get a proper look at DJ early :P

Eli has never had competition like this. If he doesnt play well, you can bet we will see Jones sooner than later. 

Eli got his first start week 10 in 2004. I'm hitting the under hard on that for Jones. 

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Eli has never had competition like this. If he doesnt play well, you can bet we will see Jones sooner than later. 

Eli got his first start week 10 in 2004. I'm hitting the under hard on that for Jones. 

Yeah seems a safe bet. You never know though, with this competition it could raise Eli's game well enough?

I watched some of the Redskins game on NFL Network today when I got home from the gym.  Haskins looked pretty good from what I saw.  I saw the part of the game where his receivers dropped like three passes in a row.  On the sideline he was talking to one of them (he dropped two passes in a row) and played catch with him while the Redskins defense was on the field.  Nice show of leadership and maturity from a rookie QB.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I watched some of the Redskins game on NFL Network today when I got home from the gym.  Haskins looked pretty good from what I saw.  I saw the part of the game where his receivers dropped like three passes in a row.  On the sideline he was talking to one of them (he dropped two passes in a row) and played catch with him while the Redskins defense was on the field.  Nice show of leadership and maturity from a rookie QB.

That WR was just waived, but I'm pretty sure we're hoping he makes it to our practice squad.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

That WR was just waived, but I'm pretty sure we're hoping he makes it to our practice squad.

Dang.  That second drop on that drive was brutal.  Really well thrown ball right on the receivers hands and he dropped it.  It would have been easy for Haskins to be upset about that and thrown off because these games are really important to him as well, but instead he made sure the guys head was held high and he encouraged him. 

• Like 2

I like both Jones and Haskins.  Hopefully this is a situation like Dak and Wentz and both these guys end up being franchise caliber QB's. 

I think Haskins sees the field first mainly because this is probably Eli Manning's last year and I think they would prefer him go out as the starter.  I don't really see Eli getting benched this year unless he is just absolutely horrendous, which is certainly possible.

13 hours ago, showtime said:

He isnt throwing check down he actualñy pushes the ball down the field

Guy has arm talent almost big ben like...not saying he will be big ben but if he can read defenses and he gets protection he will make big time throws

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

He isnt throwing check down he actualñy pushes the ball down the field

Guy has arm talent almost big ben like...not saying he will be big ben but if he can read defenses and he gets protection he will make big time throws

Daniel Jones has the highest yards per attempt average in the NFL this preseason, so if that was a shot at him it was a poor one.  Also, as of the 3rd game he had the highest yards per attempt average from any rookie QB since at least 2006.  If Haskins and Jones were switched, the response would be completely different.  But because people DESTROYED the Jones pick before even one NFL prospect people are finding ways to discredit him left and right.  

• Like 1

A QB who had a 102 rating and outplayed Jones on his own team ( 3 less of those pesky fumbles) in preseason was cut. Please explain how his preseason stats were meaningless but Jones’s stats mean he is a better player than Josh Allen AND worthy of a top 10 pick in the draft. 

People rightfully formed the opinion that the #4 and #6 picks were by reaches but legit later first round picks. ( some might have seen Jones as a 2nd rounder) Your snarky fake vengance attitude changes nothing. An opinion on a draft pick is a basic of NFL football. Next you will tell us to stop watching the draft because our dirty opinions of it are offensive to  you.

I keep using the Fletcher Cox and Nick Foles 2012 analogy. Foles is a legend but Cox was the correct top pick for the Eagles. If they reached for Foles in round 1 then Cox goes somewhere else and they don’t win in 2017.

Jones at 6 is an awful pick until he is playing in the NFCCG. If he never does than Gettleman screwed up badly.