2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Shep is going to make it .. guessing they would love to have a true slot type on hand, plus he looks like a solid return option.

He does look a little slow out there after the catch and had that missed catch last night too. Think he's pretty safe to get on the PS.

Moore is less safe, but needs to really show something next two weeks. Or maybe we're able to move one of Kumerow or Moore for a guy at a weaker position, too.

2 hours ago, craig said:

Part of the equation, I think, is what plans they've got for practice squad.  Madison, Nijman, DeBeer, Light, how many OL do you want to stash there?  Can you burn two PS on OL and also two on WR?  HOw many corners?  I assume that's where 3rd QB goes, whether Boyle or Wilkins.  

You're probably stashing 2 OL max on PS.  You've got your locks (Bakh, Taylor, Linsley, Turner, Bulaga, and Jenkins), and a virtual lock (Light).  You're probably carrying 8/9 OL, so it depends on which guys you want.  If you're not keeping 3 QBs on the active roster, one goes on the PS but if they keep 3 on the active roster we're not keeping one on the PS.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Someone's going to claim J'Mon Moore IMO.  Someone will gamble on the talent.

Agreed, but the guy will never get anything thrown to him with Rodgers at the helm.  Moore struggles to catch anything cleanly.  I'm fine with moving on from him, and if he clears and winds up on the PS .. great!

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone's going to claim J'Mon Moore IMO.  Someone will gamble on the talent.

it's not like he was a high draft pick, and it seems his issues 3 years ago are his issues today. Can't see too many (if any) teams who have only seen him in games wanting to add him to an active roster.

I could very well see him choosing a different PS, however.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman: One last random thought this morning. GB’s depth of young talented WRs could potentially counterfeit themselves. For example, Green Bay could feel confident that if they cut all of Moore, EQ, Shepherd, & Lazard, that at least 2 of them would sneak through to the practice squad.

Just suggesting that ESB is gonna get cut is really ******* stupid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Just suggesting that ESB is gonna get cut is really ******* stupid.

It's like they forget what he did last year. Plus his size, speed, and his potential ceiling. It would be retarded to cut him this early. Some of these guys are getting overhyped after making a few nice plays in preseason.  EQ also had a very nice play on ST last week, so it's not like he's been a ghost out there. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

it's not like he was a high draft pick, and it seems his issues 3 years ago are his issues today. Can't see too many (if any) teams who have only seen him in games wanting to add him to an active roster. I could very well see him choosing a different PS, however.

Exactly right and most probable that he's want a fresh start with a team that he's not 6th, 7th, 8th in line with.

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

Somebody tell me about // sell me on Allan Lazard.

The above pairings as I see it: Sheppard (10) kicks out Davis to cover return duties and a boost at the WR position. Davis has left this door open. It'll be up to him to close it.

But Lazard (13) kicks out Allison - so somebody tell me about Lazard (6'5" / 227#) and why that makes sense. Is Lazard a burner? How good a receiver is he?