2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

Yeah I can't see how Kumerow is above MVS, no way. And I don't think he's above St Brown either. If ya are keeping him at WR5 idk, I guess you hope he can be a steady guy IF he has to play. I'd rather roll the dice on my WR5. I would keep Moore, I just don't think we will. 

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I get the feeling. Kumerow is at best a 2-3 year solution to the 3rd wr spot. With that said he can play. He’s made plays against good corners and had trust (something Moore won’t get at least this year). 

We aren’t risking much by cutting Moore and trying to get him on the PS. Maybe in 2 years he’ll be better than Kumerow now. There is a big chance it won’t click though and he’ll be just another mid round pick that is out of the league in 3-4 years (that is like 70% of 4ths).  

No, he hasn't

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, he hasn't

I think this is my disconnect. IDK if both of those were on Roby, and we could also argue how good Roby is, but to me "making plays" isn't getting an 8 yard gain over the middle while carrying a DB like a backpack. Yeah he caught it, he moved the sticks or whatever. But it just makes me yawn. It's like the opposite of what we usually wants as fans. We always want some crazy dynamic guy, does everything, speed for days, YAC for days. Then "Jake Kumerow" comes around and weird, the standard is all shifted. I feel like I know why but lol, I won't go there.

I think you called him a JAG, and that's really what he is. There's just no net positive or negative on him for me. He's just so boring. If you cut Jake and you need a WR like that later in the year because of injuries, just poach a damn PS. Keep the potential dude, and this is not from some massive Moore fan.

Side deal here, did Moore even have a lot of drop issues in college? 

EDIT: holy **** so many damn typos today.

Edited by Norm

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That first link is hysterical. I don't think I've ever seen a CB disrespect a WR to that degree. Did Peterson even look at him?

It's great isn't it? I started to leave commentary on it and I was like lol PP just straight stared at Adams and the guy on him and just barely looked at Kumerow like:

tenor.gif?itemid=9518656

I kinda want to see if that happened on the other snaps but I didn't wanna dig that deep yet.

EDIT: I kinda was laying a trap to see if anyone said he got open on PP lol

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I think this is my disconnect. IDK if both of those were on Roby, and we could also argue how good Roby is, but to me "making plays" isn't getting an 8 yard gain over the middle while carrying a DB like a backup. Yeah he caught it, he moved the sticks or whatever. But it just makes me yawn. It's like the opposite of what we usually wants as fans. We always want some crazy dynamic guy, does everything, speed for days, YAC for days. Then "Jake Kumerow" comes around and weird, the standard is all shifted. I feel like I know why but lol, I won't go there.

I think you called him a JAG, and that's really what he is. There's just no net positive or negative on him for me. He's just so boring. If you cut Jake and you need a WR like that later in the year because of injuries, just poach a damn PS. Keep the potential dude, and this is not from some massive Moore fan.

When Rodgers started praising him me thinks.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think this is my disconnect. IDK if both of those were on Roby, and we could also argue how good Roby is, but to me "making plays" isn't getting an 8 yard gain over the middle while carrying a DB like a backup. Yeah he caught it, he moved the sticks or whatever. But it just makes me yawn. It's like the opposite of what we usually wants as fans. We always want some crazy dynamic guy, does everything, speed for days, YAC for days. Then "Jake Kumerow" comes around and weird, the standard is all shifted. I feel like I know why but lol, I won't go there.

How do you think I feel? Remember when we drafted him? I was alone on that island. Now I'm going to bat for the guy :/

And yeah, he dropped his fair share in college. But they all have their red when you're drafting them there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Does Kumerow play special teams? I don't track that. If he doesn't (and Moore does), Moore is an EAASSSYYY keep over Kumerow.

Realistically we will see 4 WRs take WR snaps. The top 3 are locks: Adams, Allison, MVS. Then there are 3 guys in the mix who could give valuable WR4 snaps IMO: ESB, Davis, Shepherd.

Then there are the ST guys: Davis, Moore?, Shepherd?

The more and more I look at this roster the less I see room for Kumerow.

Kumerow has been getting reps in practice as a gunner on the punt coverage team. Just saying.

Just now, Norm said:

Appears to me, when he was active last year, he played on both coverage units.

Reserve WRs have to contribute on special teams. The coaching staff is giving Kumerow a shot. That tells me the coaching staff is interested in keeping him. Of course, the same can be said about Moore. Choosing one over the other and the rest of the backup WR competition will come down to performance on special teams at least as much as performance as a WR. Health will probably also be an issue. Right now Davis and EQ are hurt. Lingering injuries may affect their chances. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Reserve WRs have to contribute on special teams. The coaching staff is giving Kumerow a shot. That tells me the coaching staff is interested in keeping him. Of course, the same can be said about Moore. Choosing one over the other and the rest of the backup WR competition will come down to performance on special teams at least as much as performance as a WR. Health will probably also be an issue. Right now Davis and EQ are hurt. Lingering injuries may affect their chances. 

Love to see Shepard get a chance as a returner. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

How can this be? I was assured Kumerow can't get open and his only catches are contested. 

Stop_being_obtuse_copy.png

Also, just like hours ago didn't you tell me you aren't arguing for Kumerow?

He got open and made the guy look silly, that's awesome sometimes sun shines on a dog's ***. He's never going to do that consistently. Brandon Bostick scored touch downs in the NFL too. Must be a great player.

Edited by Norm

Here’s Moore’s Scouting report from the NFL website:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/j'mon-moore?id=32194d4f-4f43-0639-5da2-4b37b85099d0

After reading this, I’d say the profile is very consistent in that he’ll likely need more time to develop into the player Green Bay thinks they drafted. 

I like Kumerow, and in a results driven game, he’s produced more than J’mon to date. But it’s a legitimate point to state he has a very small sample size when it comes to playing in regular season games.

Reading the scouting report gave me pause when it comes to cutting J’mon Moore loose or risking trying to stash him on the PS. I think he’d likely be snatched in a hurry. We’re not talking about Dupre, Yancey, Abbrederis, Kevin Dorsey, or some other end of roster WRs. Moore legitimately could develop into a game changing player for the Packers.

In any case, it will be fun to watch, and I wouldn’t be shocked if one of the WR prospects-be it Moore, Kumerow, Shepherd, maybe even Lazard develops some mysterious “injury” when it gets closer to cutdown time.

Edited by JQ1