2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

53da09accc5694d98be69868c83ed635.gif

3e43914123ea5aec475ab4201b9eb9b4.gif

He's giving the dbs a piggy back ride....

Then you have Moore

b4fb1340cdb3ecdf64ddf950553ce6dc.gif

Kizer kinda looked like he was pissed at Moore there so maybe he ran it wrong, but he had 5x much space there on the DB than Kum did on both his catches combined.

bc8306a2e6b6ee248cebae1257617518.gif

But here's a double catch

1c2205b39acce7af27b1ff664bb4d749.gif

Crappy throw but should be caught. 

b557bd6fae2db0852e60369b46225504.gif

TD play

49 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The idea that Kumerow will never be getting open is no more valid than the idea that Moore will never be able to catch the ball.

Bull****. Kum isn't going to all the sudden become a better athlete who can get in and out of breaks faster or run faster across or down the field. People have shaken the dropsies, average to below average NFL WR athletes don't all the sudden get it one day and can get open way better than before. He's going to struggle FOREVER to get open, Moore might struggle to catch the ball but he at least has the chance to fix his issues, Kumerow absolutely cannot fix what is wrong with him.

I would rather have a receiver who "can't get open" and catches the ball than one who gets open and drops it. And Moore has had many drops aside from the badly thrown ball in the preseason game. I hope he improves, but it will have to happen very quickly now for him to stay on the team. 

1 minute ago, Greg C. said:

I would rather have a receiver who "can't get open" and catches the ball than one who gets open and drops it.

Both have garbage value if that's all they are, but one has value if he can fix his issues, one cannot fix his issues and is a guy you can find every damn where. 

Just now, cannondale said:

I'll wait to reserve judgement until Kumerow gets on the field with Adams and MVS or Allison. I bet he gets open against most any #3 CB

IDK. In this context IDK what gets open means, not being facetious. Like he can catch a pass or two in the game? Sure, of course. Is he going to consistently separate anywhere to the level of someone like Moore can? Hell no. Let me put it this way, IMO, Jake has the least amount of potential to consistently separate of any of the WRs that can make this roster. It doesn't mean he can't burn Buster Skrine for a TD or get open and make a catch against the sideline EVER but I don't think he's doing it that often. I'm gonna go look at all his targets I can find and I'll put them here just as links not embedded and people can make their own judgement, not that there's a ton of targets but it's something.

This kinda cracked me up when looking for game logs

December 1, 2018: Green Bay Packers activated WR Jake Kumerow from the IR/Designated for Return list.

November 21, 2018: Green Bay Packers placed WR Jake Kumerow on IR/Designated for Return list.

September 3, 2018: Green Bay Packers placed WR Jake Kumerow on IR.

January 2, 2018: Green Bay Packers signed WR Jake Kumerow to a Reserve/Future contract.

December 26, 2017: Green Bay Packers added WR Jake Kumerow to the practice squad.

November 9, 2017: New England Patriots removed WR Jake Kumerow from the practice squad.

October 26, 2017: New England Patriots added WR Jake Kumerow to the practice squad.

September 25, 2017: Cincinnati Bengals cut WR Jake Kumerow.

September 22, 2017: Cincinnati Bengals waived WR Jake Kumerow.

August 10, 2017: Cincinnati Bengals placed WR Jake Kumerow on IR.

August 9, 2017: Cincinnati Bengals waived WR Jake Kumerow.

December 27, 2016: Cincinnati Bengals activated WR Jake Kumerow from the practice squad.

September 4, 2016: Cincinnati Bengals cut WR Jake Kumerow.

September 3, 2016: Cincinnati Bengals waived WR Jake Kumerow.

September 7, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals added WR Jake Kumerow to the practice squad.

September 6, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals cut WR Jake Kumerow.

September 5, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals waived WR Jake Kumerow.

May 9, 2015: Cincinnati Bengals signed WR Jake Kumerow.

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

If I show you one catch Moore made in his life does it mean he can catch now?

Both of those grabs from Kumerow were against starting corner and former 1st round pick Bradley Roby.  Sure, Roby had solid coverage, but Kumerow was open enough and made the grab.  He beat Jaire on a deep contested ball in Family night from Rodgers.  The guy just gets it done .. might not be a good athlete, but he makes the play.  That's good enough .. plus throw in there that Rodgers has a comfort level with the guy.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Both of those grabs from Kumerow were against starting corner and former 1st round pick Bradley Roby.  Sure, Roby had solid coverage, but Kumerow was open enough and made the grab.  He beat Jaire on a deep contested ball in Family night from Rodgers.  The guy just gets it done .. might not be a good athlete, but he makes the play.  That's good enough .. plus throw in there that Rodgers has a comfort level with the guy.

"Might not be a good athlete."

"Open enough."

"Just gets it done."

"But makes the play."

This is the kind of **** you run from when you hear it about a draft prospect. This guy is going to be 28 right after the season and doesn't have a dozen footballs thrown at him yet in the NFL. 

He's hung around because he clearly works hard, knows the game, and does the things the coaches want. That's great. He hasn't played much because he doesn't have much else.

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

"Not a good athlete."

"Open enough."

"Just gets it done."

"But makes the play."

This is the kind of **** you run from when you hear it about a draft prospect. This guy is going to be 28 right after the season and doesn't have a dozen footballs thrown at him yet in the NFL. 

"late bloomer"

"smart and reliable"

"QB likes him"

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

"Might not be a good athlete."

"Open enough."

"Just gets it done."

"But makes the play."

He's hung around because he clearly works hard, knows the game, and does the things the coaches want. That's great. He hasn't played much because he doesn't have much else.

I get the feeling. Kumerow is at best a 2-3 year solution to the 3rd wr spot. With that said he can play. He’s made plays against good corners and had trust (something Moore won’t get at least this year). 

We aren’t risking much by cutting Moore and trying to get him on the PS. Maybe in 2 years he’ll be better than Kumerow now. There is a big chance it won’t click though and he’ll be just another mid round pick that is out of the league in 3-4 years (that is like 70% of 4ths).  

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I get the feeling. Kumerow is at best a 2-3 year solution to the 3rd wr spot. With that said he can play. He’s made plays against good corners and had trust (something Moore won’t get at least this year). 

We aren’t risking much by cutting Moore and trying to get him on the PS. Maybe in 2 years he’ll be better than Kumerow now. There is a big chance it won’t click though and he’ll be just another mid round pick that is out of the league in 3-4 years (that is like 70% of 4ths).  

MVS/EQ would  disagree. He's our 5th guy if anything