2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

2 hours ago, Norm said:

53da09accc5694d98be69868c83ed635.gif

3e43914123ea5aec475ab4201b9eb9b4.gif

He's giving the dbs a piggy back ride....

Then you have Moore

b4fb1340cdb3ecdf64ddf950553ce6dc.gif

Kizer kinda looked like he was pissed at Moore there so maybe he ran it wrong, but he had 5x much space there on the DB than Kum did on both his catches combined.

bc8306a2e6b6ee248cebae1257617518.gif

But here's a double catch

1c2205b39acce7af27b1ff664bb4d749.gif

Crappy throw but should be caught. 

b557bd6fae2db0852e60369b46225504.gif

TD play

I'd add here that Kumerow was going up against Roby who's a 1-2 CB for the Texans. Moore in at least two of those plays was guarded by Bademosi, who is 5-6 on their depth chart.

Not saying Moore cant get open, but so can Kumerow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not saying Moore cant get open, but so can Kumerow. 

Okay, cool. I didn't say it was impossible that he can. Saying it like you did, "they both can do it" is trying to purport it like it's equal. It's not. The fact I have to even argue this and people can put on a game (there was nothing crazy in that PS game to decide it but we know who both of these guys are by now) is just frustrating. IDK how someone can see Jake Kumerow and their brain can think, yeah he gets open just like J'mon Moore does!

10 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

He calls shots, has 20 inch blades on his impala, is getting laid tonight, and has a swisher rolled tight. 

That's what my brain went to...

IDK there's this idea when he's played he's threw up big numbers or something. He played 57 offensive snaps in the Jets game last year and still got only 3 targets. 

He caught 8 passes seeing time in 5 games and I guess started 2 of them. Baller?

On 8/9/2019 at 3:43 PM, incognito_man said:

I'm curious about this battle so wanted to create a thread.

Right now I see 7 viable roster guys: Adams/Allison/MVS/ESB/Davis/Kumerow/Shepherd with Moore and Lazard well on the outside.

(1) Is it too early to give up on Moore?

(2) If it comes down to keeping 2 out of Davis/Kumerow/Shepherd, who do you keep and why?

(3) Along w/ #2, what is more valuable to this team from the back-end roster guys at WR: Specials (Davis lean I imagine), deep threat, possession type, or slot type?

My uninformed opinion would, with Adams/Allison/MVS and ESB as effective locks, try to keep Shepherd on the team. He seems like a good PS candidate, but he also appears as though he can contribute today from the slot. I would vote slot over deep threat, but would lean toward specials. Has Shepherd taken any special team snaps?

I think there's a slightly above 0% chance that Shepherd make the roster.  There's just too many players who are ahead of him.  And I think you have to ask yourself, what are the odds that someone claims him?  You're right about the roster locks, and the question is going to be are the Packers going to keep 5 or 6 WRs.  If they keep 6, it bodes well for Kumerow and/or Moore.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That first link is hysterical. I don't think I've ever seen a CB disrespect a WR to that degree. Did Peterson even look at him?

He's a smart CB with his eyes in the backfield.  He knew Rodgers couldn't make that throw and he was right.  It had nothing to do with Kumerow.  You Kumerow haters are really grasping at straws.  

Agree.  Shepherd is an obvious practice squad guy.   Other teams didn't even offer him a non-tryout UDFA contract.  An easy guy to retain on practice squad, don't need to use a 53-spot for him.  

Assuming Davis's stinger is short-term, he has unique role in the room as ST and a unique receiver profile.  Shepherd is potential Davis replacement, but PS is the place.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

He's a smart CB with his eyes in the backfield.  He knew Rodgers couldn't make that throw and he was right.  It had nothing to do with Kumerow.  You Kumerow haters are really grasping at straws.  

I think it was a little of both. I think it's pretty clear Patrick Peterson isn't going to have much respect for Jake flipping Kumerow. There was plenty of space given to him when Rodgers could have gotten that ball out, and he still had a tiny shot of getting that ball there and PP didn't seem to care. I don't think he thought there was a shot in hell he WOULD throw to him, not that he totally recognized that he couldn't. 

I'll have to look at other snaps from that game and see if he ends up on Kumerow other times. I'm guessing there's some other disrespect paid to him

I don't see how giving him space is a sign of disrespect.  You would play further off a guy (assuming you weren't playing press) if you respected his speed and were worried that he could beat you deep (generally speaking, I doubt that is what happened here).  The receiver's ability has nothing to do with the CBs ability to close that gap.

Edited by mikebpackfan