2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Literally, the next sentence.  "Khyrie Thorton, Carl Bradford and Vince Biegel all didn't make the roster their second season."  

Don't know what difference that makes, but for future reference, if someone mentions practice squad, it's common knowledge that he has to be waived first. If you mention cutting a guy, it's common knowledge that you mean he's not coming back in any way, shape, or form.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Does Kumerow play special teams? I don't track that. If he doesn't (and Moore does), Moore is an EAASSSYYY keep over Kumerow.

Realistically we will see 4 WRs take WR snaps. The top 3 are locks: Adams, Allison, MVS. Then there are 3 guys in the mix who could give valuable WR4 snaps IMO: ESB, Davis, Shepherd.

Then there are the ST guys: Davis, Moore?, Shepherd?

The more and more I look at this roster the less I see room for Kumerow.

He's on the first team kickoff (at least)

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Does Kumerow play special teams? I don't track that. If he doesn't (and Moore does), Moore is an EAASSSYYY keep over Kumerow.

Realistically we will see 4 WRs take WR snaps. The top 3 are locks: Adams, Allison, MVS. Then there are 3 guys in the mix who could give valuable WR4 snaps IMO: ESB, Davis, Shepherd.

I think he does. In the preseason game he had 4 ST snaps. Moore had 7 but that is to be expected as he's lower down the depth chart.  Players lower down the depth chart took more snaps overall compared to players higher up.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Don't know what difference that makes, but for future reference, if someone mentions practice squad, it's common knowledge that he has to be waived first. If you mention cutting a guy, it's common knowledge that you mean he's not coming back in any way, shape, or form.

Thanks, but I'll refer it to however I want to.  It was your assumption that was wrong, not my verbiage.  Being cut and being waved are EXACTLY the same thing.  They're literally called roster cuts.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

Thanks, but I'll refer it to however I want to.  It was your assumption that was wrong, not my verbiage.  Being cut and being waved are EXACTLY the same thing.  They're literally called roster cuts.  

Yes they are, which wasn't my point, but whatever

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

They're literally called roster cuts.  

Um.... No they're not?

Not officially. Technically there is no such thing as roster "cuts". Officially players get either waived or released. "Cuts" is just the slang people use to encompass both. 🤷

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Um.... No they're not?

Not officially. Technically there is no such thing as roster "cuts". Officially players get either waived or released. "Cuts" is just the slang people use to encompass both. 🤷

NFL's own website.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000952303/article/cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-finalize-53player-roster

A blurb about Tyler Lancaster.  

Lancaster signed with the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2018.[5] He was cut by the Packers at the end of training camp and then subsequently re-signed to the team's practice squad.

What a dumb argument. Waived, cut, released.... all exactly the same thing used by all kinds of places, the NFL included.  

Edited by SSG

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Kumerow was working with the 1s all day again today. He's a fringe starter this year. His ST potential isn't very relevant. He's going to play A LOT of WR this year. 

This decision is easy. You cut Moore and put him on the practice squad where he belongs. If he gets claimed, you shrug your shoulders and finish your drink. 

Right now I'm more concerned about losing Shepherd than Moore.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

NFL's own website.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000952303/article/cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-finalize-53player-roster

A blurb about Tyler Lancaster.  

Why a dumb argument. Waived, cut, released.... all exactly the same thing used by all kinds of places, the NFL included.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8085ee3e/article/even-in-the-offseason-nfl-education-never-ends

Waived: A non-vested player (less than four years of service) who is terminated goes through waivers. When he is released another team can claim him within a certain period of time. A vested veteran only goes through the waiver system from the trading deadline in midseason through the end of the season. During the offseason and all the way up to the trading deadline, a vested veteran gets released.

Released: A vested veteran is free when he is terminated and can sign with any club. Keep in mind, if the termination takes place between the end of the trading deadline and the end of the calendar year, the player goes through waivers. A vested veteran released this time of year is free to sign with any team. For example, Duane Starks was terminated last week and he was not subjected to the waiver system.

Cut: Is an unofficial term for being terminated and one of the above two categories applies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norm said:

You can't do this if you are arguing for Kumerow... He's done nothing ever and Moore has been in the NFL for ONE season and that entire line is stupid for football in so many ways.

I'm not arguing for Kumerow. I'm arguing against Moore. If I have to keep ONE on the roster it's Kumerow. He's the better receiver RIGHT now. It's not really a debate since Moore can't catch.